"Packers" is attracting spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Packers" is attracting spammers

We get spam related to packing, but packers and packing are words many need to use to describe our restoration efforts. However the spam often also mentions help with moving, so I've added the word mover (with an s on the end) to a list of words which automatically cause a posting to go into the spam queue where nobody sees it. So be warned, if you use that word that starts "mov" and ends "ers" we may never see what you wrote.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Thanks for the warning,Ron. When I saw the post with Packers in the title, I just assumed it was about use of the TLC Packers, so I clicked on it, and realized that it was obviously spam not related to TLC Packers.

Comment

So, here in the still semi-parched state of California, when I refer to an issue some of us take seriously, ie submitting movie scripts to moviemakers, I won't be heard? Sadly, nothing new, "for we few, we band of buggered"

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
        So, here in the still semi-parched state of California, when I refer to an issue some of us take seriously, ie submitting movie scripts to moviemakers, I won't be heard? Sadly, nothing new, "for we few, we band of buggered"
        ‚ÄčI'm only trapping the word that starts "mov" and ends "ers" for now.

UPDATE: I added "Nike" and "schuhe" to the spam trap. Let's hope that doesn't stifle actual restoring or intactivism talk.
        -Ron Low
        [email protected]
        847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
        X