Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC-X with weights/hangers?

Hello there.

I have a TLC-X but i don't like to use the rubber band or other methods of stretching the outer skin. I would like to add some weights to the TLC-X so that it automatically stretches the outer skin. I also think it's more comfortable wearing it with weights when being at home and wearing wide shorts.

Are there any videos of how the TLC Hangers are really used with a TLC-X. I know there is https://tlctugger.com/tlc-hangers/ but the video isn't really helpful. I would like to see a real live demonstration of using the TLC-X, setting the rod correctly to stretch the inner skin and additionally using some weights to stretch the outer skin. Could anyone provide some help here?

Thank you

I can't help with a video, but I use the TLC-X with weights all the time. When I started, I manually set the tension on the TLC-X (no springs or rubber bands) and used the collet to lock in place. It was a trial and error process with the displacement. I began with about 1 cm, then added more or less based on comfort. As you gain more skin, you can add more displacement. These days I'm using the TLC-X with the spring, along with either a strap or weights.

I didn't invest in the TLC Hangers because it seemed expensive with lots of parts. I'm just using a cast iron weight clamp I had lying around (12 ounces) and attach it to the TLC-X using a Nite-Ize S-biner. The TLC Hanger wins for the compact size but that doesn't matter to me because I'm just wearing the weight around the house with sweats or loose shorts.

Comment

I also set the tension manually and use the collet to lock it in place. But I am unsure of how the weights are perfectly fixed to the tlc-x. The TLC Hanger comes with a new tugging device and I don't want another. Or am I missing something here?

Comment

Sorry I wasn't being clear. I'm using the TLC-X and doing a DIY method for the weights. Put on the TLC-X, then just find something in the desired weight range and attach it to the metal clip of the TLC-X.

As you noted, the TLC Hanger would entail purchasing a whole new tugging device. I forgot that the hanger isn't compatible with the TLC-X body.

Comment

You might like new TLC Danglers which can clip to the TLC-X handle. The weighted pieces are 8, 4, 2, and 1ounce. The cords are 6" and 45" and the long cord includes a pulley to help you tug over or through or beside the headboard.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TLC-Danglers-Lead.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	30753
          Click image for larger version  Name:	TLC-Danglers-Pulley.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	30754
          Click image for larger version  Name:	TLC-Danglers-Weights.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	30755
          -Ron Low
          Service@TLCTugger.com
          847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
          X