Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTR & skin tears

Hi everyone!
    I just recently started to restore using the DTR. I’m somewhere in between CI-1 and CI-2 (not much skin to work with) I’m having issues trying to adjust to the right tension thus causing me a little redness (and what seem to be skin tears). Unfortunately I don’t have pictures on hand but I will try to describe what’s happening.
    I’m using the DTR with the long screw to secure the rod and push plate in place instead of using rubber bands so the tension is the same constantly. I only use the device at home just in case it becomes uncomfortable and I need to remove it.
    So last night, after taking off the device, I noticed redness on the ventral part of the penis more to the side. When I inspected more closely, they seem to be light skin tears. There is a little redness but no pain, maybe a bit or soreness but that’s it. These tears are only on the inner skin (between the circ scar and the corona)
    I honestly don’t think I’m applying too much tension because I don’t feel pain nor discomfort when restoring but the marks and redness are clearly telling me i’m overdoing it.
    Can anyone recommend a better way to use the DTR in order to avoid this? I know I should reduce the tension but is there anything else I can do to restore effectively and as fast as possible? Perhaps some tips or tricks?
    I’m using Aquafor cream on the skin tears to heal them up. However I don’t know how long should I wait in order to go back to the DTR.
    (I know the skin healing process varies among individuals, but how long would it be a reasonable time to wait for it to heal?)
    Thank you for your comments and have an awesome day!

It's either too much tension, too much friction or both. Whatever the case, take some time off from using your device until the redness goes away. It might take a few days; you can only wait and see. Then when you start using it again, be gentle. It doesn't take as much tension as you might think; with a CI-2, you may even get enough without pushing in the rod at all. Try that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
      It's either too much tension, too much friction or both. Whatever the case, take some time off from using your device until the redness goes away. It might take a few days; you can only wait and see. Then when you start using it again, be gentle. It doesn't take as much tension as you might think; with a CI-2, you may even get enough without pushing in the rod at all. Try that for a while.
      Thank you! I really appreciate the advice.

Comment

Well, at a CI 1 or 2, you really don't have enough skin to use a DTR. The DTR is ideally for a CI 4 or more. You can remove the pusher and use it as a tugger only until you have more skin. You want to tension the skin as close to the scar line as possible. Having the pusher installed moves the tension point more towards the base.

Comment

I had a hard time with the DTR, as well. Got good tension out of it, but the hard material of the pusher was too much.
          I ended up ditching the DTR, and getting the CAT II Q with the silicon pusher. Then I swapped out the retaining cup from the CAT with the cup from the DTR.
          If there is a more comfortable device, or combo of device parts, I've never stumbled across it. Highly recommended, if you have the funds.

Comment

Working...
          X