X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage from careless tugging - anonymous report

Here's a note I got from someone who wishes to remain anonymous:
    = = =
    Hi Ron, I have a problem I'm wondering if you could help me with, I used to use the DTR to restore with, but at one point was stupid and used too much tension and hurt myself. I stopped restoring 3 years ago and I somehow still haven't healed. My shaft skin has a sharp pain pretty much all over. And it's not possible for me to even restore anymore, even gentle manual tugging hurts too much and I feel a sharp pain everywhere on the skin, it feels like its on the surface but there's no visible damage. Do you know anyways of healing this? Thanks.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Here was my reply:
    = = =
    Thanks for your patience.

>> used too much tension and hurt myself. I stopped restoring 3 years ago and I somehow still haven't healed. My shaft skin has a sharp pain pretty much all over. And it's not possible for me to even restore anymore, even gentle manual tugging hurts too much and I feel a sharp pain everywhere on the skin, it feels like its on the surface but there's no visible damage. Do you know anyways of healing this? <<

I'm very sorry to hear of that. In your situation I wouldn't hesitate to discuss it with a doctor. I would also urge you to share about it at our User Forum. Or I could post about it more anonymously on your behalf if you like.

We deserve a chance to pursue a remedy for the unnecessary surgery that we or our families were tricked into. And when that has unintended consequences we deserve the best shot at a remedy for those. There's no reason not to seek help. I'd be happy to chat with you about it, but just know it's not something I know how to help with.

Regards,
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I think the same guy might've started a thread asking for advice on that exact situation, but wasn't satisfied with the "stop tugging and talk to your doctor" advice he received.

Either way, it's good to have this up...there have been multiple people who've posted about injuring themselves (severely) while restoring, and the advice of someone more prominent in the FR/intactivist community is likely to carry more weight.

From what I've seen though, people in that situation seem hesitant to run back to the medical professionals for help. Between being cut and the embarrassment some may feel addressing penis-related concerns with a doctor, I can't say I blame them, but it totally defeats the purpose of FR if you're going to ruin your penis doing it. You want to be able to enjoy the results of your loooooonnnng years of patience and dedication, and pushing yourself into unsafe territory is a sure-fire way to make sure you never get that chance.

Please be safe, guys.
      Whoever the anonymous user is, if you read this, I hope you're able to recover and resume your restoration. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X