Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreskin Restoration Calculator

Foreskin Restoration Calculator

"This app was made to help people restoring their foreskins estimate how long their journey is going to take."

I didn't make the neat app but it uses the method in this thread.

I think by what was meant by "user information" was demographics. I mention this because to truly create an "APP" (LORD, protect us from millenial buzz words) which includes ALL the basics, you would have to have some personal information which would include personal conditions, disease states, etc. not to mention the ACTUAL process of mitosis as it happens with skin expansion. Any equation worth its salt has to include the physiological processes which make up the mitotic process stimulated by cycles of tension. Any equation which doesn't include this is worthless, as is the whole idea of trying to forecast "how long". And really, how would knowing "how long' help with restoring? You either go on tugging, or you don't. Expanded skin is a result of tugging, not bogus math. So tug often (allow some downtime), and it will happen when it happens. There is only "Hap", not "App", which counts on this path.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
      Any equation worth its salt has to include the physiological processes which make up the mitotic process
      OR it could incorporate a few months' worth of data on measured progress.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Reality, nothing you said makes any sense to me.

Originally posted by admin View Post
        The way this currently works is that user puts the calculator to a test by inputting values based on his actual progress and see if it gives the same time as it actually took.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Seems logical, but here's the issue, your skin's response to deformation from tension, resulting in a mitotic process, is autoregulated, which by definition leaves any and all externals superfluous, and unassociated with forecasting unless your equation factors them it in. The other way to say this is, restoration is not controlled by the restorer; this is what "autoregulation" refers to.

Comment

" ........Any equation which doesn't include this (an estimated time for the cascade of bio chemicals (growth hormone, etc) to be called up and enacted) is worthless, as is the whole idea of trying to forecast "how long". And really, how would knowing "how long' help with restoring? You either go on tugging, or you don't.................
            I'm quoting myself here to make a point which you don't see on restoration forums for some reason (probably because the verbage comes mostly from inexperienced guys?):

What I found to be true was that growing enough new skin to cover the corona, and, say, a few milimeters beyond that, was more than enough to bring about all the changes restorers want to see. Like Woody I also used tight briefs as a general retainer to keep this amount of skin, which is by no means the typical "goal", forward. So in that sense I didn't have to "go on tugging". I could have stopped there (and I did, to take a break from years of tugging and mucking about with techniques) to bring about glans dekeratinization and color change, and a load of increased fine tough sensation. The point is, if you grow enough skin and retain it forward, you can call that "finished" if you've lost your will to continue on. Consider what I'm describing a milestone, not a "goal" per se, unless you want it to be.

Will this amount "stay put by itself"? No, which became a deal-breaker for me, and would for many other guys here, I assume. But if all you wanted were the physiological changes, you don't have to put in more time to grow "more skin". The Calvin Klein briefs were very effective as a general, non "fiddly" retainer, and never allowed the tube to slip, even when I ran for miles. Good product, which proved its worth.

Comment

So what is the average rate of progress? Doing one of the calculators it required that you select average or more than average and I’m not sure.

Comment

That calculator has a major problem. It says "enter length (cm/in)"...

Centimeters and inches are a long way from being interchangeable...

But yeah, there's so vastly many variables involved in foreskin restoration, trying to calculate it seems like a waste of effort. Severity of the circumcision, genetics, commitment, health, force and duration of tension, age, even perception... what I call comfortable tension might be painful to someone else, or vice versa. And we all have a different picture of what our end goal looks like.

Best you can do is just start restoring and observe your progress to get a rough idea how long it will take to get where you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by KragDragon View Post

The equation which is being used in this tool is a basic proportional growth with a couple parameters modified to fit the expected growth as compiled and interpreted by the equation maker. But basically the point is that the actual units dont matter, the growth is assumed to be proportional to the amount of skin on the penis.

I don't personally believe this assumption to be strictly true at this point in time, but I'm not going to argue about that. I'm just here to defend the fact that the units don't matter in the equation under the assumption that the equation itself is valid.

But both fields to have to be input with the same units. So if one is in inches the other should also be in inches. If one is in mm the other should be mm. If one is in furlongs the other should also be in furlongs. You get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsprofile View Post

The equation which is being used in this tool is a basic proportional growth with a couple parameters modified to fit the expected growth as compiled and interpreted by the equation maker. But basically the point is that the actual units dont matter, the growth is assumed to be proportional to the amount of skin on the penis.

I don't personally believe this assumption to be strictly true at this point in time, but I'm not going to argue about that. I'm just here to defend the fact that the units don't matter in the equation under the assumption that the equation itself is valid.

But both fields to have to be input with the same units. So if one is in inches the other should also be in inches. If one is in mm the other should be mm. If one is in furlongs the other should also be in furlongs. You get the point.
                    I see.

Well, all arguments aside, that calculator is about 5x optimistic according to my observations. Even on low commitment it says I'll be done in 4 years. At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky if I make it in 20...

Comment

But yeah, there's so vastly many variables involved in foreskin restoration, trying to calculate it seems like a waste of effort. Severity of the circumcision, genetics, commitment, health, force and duration of tension, age, even perception... what I call comfortable tension might be painful to someone else, or vice versa. And we all have a different picture of what our end goal looks like.

Best you can do is just start restoring and observe your progress to get a rough idea how long it will take to get where you want to be.
                      Yes, absolutely. And the perennial question has to be, WHY would anyone want to know an "average", or better yet, how long any of this happens. It will take the amount of time it takes, especially in the face of the variables. So.......you will be finished when you call it finished, which happens to be the last variable in all of this, ie your opinion on what is 'finished'. There is no known average, just guesses, and if there was, what happens when you don't meet it, for some reason. What is your alternative if you don't meet it? All you can do is go on tugging, perhaps in a different method or schedule, but tugging is the only solution available to you, in skin expansion. Like any other practice in this life, this whole thing takes guts; just depends on how much you want it. Go for it.

Comment

Yes, absolutely. And the perennial question has to be, WHY would anyone want to know an "average", or better yet, how long any of this happens. It will take the amount of time it takes, especially in the face of the variables. So.......you will be finished when you call it finished, which happens to be the last variable in all of this, ie your opinion on what is 'finished'. There is no known average, just guesses, and if there was, what happens when you don't meet it, for some reason. What is your alternative if you don't meet it? All you can do is go on tugging, perhaps in a different method or schedule, but tugging is the only solution available to you, in skin expansion. Like any other practice in this life, this whole thing takes guts; just depends on how much you want it. Go for it.
                        I personally am obsessive about trying to estimate how long it will take, because I need to know whether it's worth it to me to continue. Tugging in a way that yields any kind of progress costs me a high price in time and energy. It better damn well be worth it, or I'd rather just give it up and enjoy all those years free of this perpetual distraction.

Unfortunately my present estimate is that reaching my goal (full unassisted flaccid coverage) will take way more years (decades) than it's worth to me. But I'm going to keep tugging for at least one more year out of sheer stubbornness, and the hope that I'm underestimating how much skin I've grown these past two years.

Comment

I personally am obsessive about trying to estimate how long it will take, because I need to know whether it's worth it to me to continue. Tugging in a way that yields any kind of progress costs me a high price in time and energy. It better damn well be worth it, or I'd rather just give it up and enjoy all those years free of this perpetual distraction.

Unfortunately my present estimate is that reaching my goal (full unassisted flaccid coverage) will take way more years (decades) than it's worth to me. But I'm going to keep tugging for at least one more year out of sheer stubbornness, and the hope that I'm underestimating how much skin I've grown these past two years.
                          I see that as the 'one day at a time" approach, with the substitution of "year" for "day", if you get my meaning. Whatever approach allows you to go on tugging. I can testify that it's entirely worth it: increased sensation that can't be denied, as is the mental strength to just go on, which happens as you do go on restoring (as Mr Petty sang, "ain't no easy way out").

I practice another practice which takes faith and painful physical effort; faith enough to just go on in the hope, not certainty, that something will happen. In fact some small milestones in that very rigorous practice have happened, and been confirmed in several unanticipated ways. I've seen unanticipated milestones in the practice of restoration, too, and those kept me going. Hell, just the simple comparison between where I began and where I found myself at points along the road was enough to keep that faith stoked. "Faith" is one of those buzzwords that I used to despise, as a man of Science. But as it turns out, measuring (Science) has to be based on some faith, and importantly, on good science, which makes measuring a biological tissue, prone to its own rules and processes, very difficult to forecast and therefore stands against good science. So, as that "man of science", I avoid trying to forecast; I promote the mental effort it takes to complete restoration to your goal, because you can't avoid that. Guts and grit, pretty much everything in Life takes guts and grit to get somewhere. "Faith" doesn't get in the way of anything; "Science", ie measuring, can.

Comment

I should add: the word unanticipated is the operative concept here. Trying to measure, and then forecast the future from measurement, is grounded in anticipation. So is obsession. Both will step on all the unanticipated benefits and pleasure which arise along the way in so-called restoration. It's like standing in front of your partner and focusing on your orgasm when your pants are still on : ) It's not the time for that.

Comment

Working...
                            X