Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you supposed to have a smelly penis when you're restoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The smell can also be from diet. For example, my diet is very consistent and even my body smells consistent—I do NOT bathe or shower. Ever. Yup, I know it sounds weird...I’ve been there, and over the years none of you will tell me anything I haven’t heard. However, I have made compromises in my diet recently, and within 8-12 hours after such compromises, I can sure smell it on the tugger!

I’m not sure why it is, but I’m still learning!

Comment

Originally posted by Reality
      Will "clear water" wash away bacteria? Not all of them. Bacteria aren't one species. The different species use various ways of living on your tissues. Some, including some nasty ones, cling to that "debris". Some of that debris clings to surface of your penis, unaffected by water.
      That's an interesting theory.

I assume nobody here thought for a second they were purging their bodies of "all" bacterial types nor all specimens of any type, with or without soap. They are our friends. If someone is literally soiled, like from bareback anal penetration, I should hope they're using soap. But humans who urinate and sweat and ejaculate don't need soap to be healthy.
      -Ron Low
      [email protected]
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

And a shorter post: Blessings on Semmelweis, who led the way. (And William Morton while we're at it). There are "saints" statues who are really on the level of Employee of the Month, and there are true Saints, who have been beneficial for countless people over many, many decades. You tell me, what's been more important, and what will be important when you time comes.
        Last edited by Reality; 09-05-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Yes quite normal!! Rinse the glans with warm water, don't use soap!! It has become an odor that I have gotten used to!!

Comment

A bit of common sense goes a long way when it comes to smells and hygiene. If it stinks wash it, if it still stinks wash it more thoroughly.

And Reality, even if I just hopped out of the shower before I slipped on the soap and cracked my skull open, you're still going to have to discard my fresh clothes and sanitize me before you can do brain surgery, on the assumption that I'm still contaminated with bacteria, so...

I see an important thing in common between the soap guys, the water guys, and the guys who like their smegma: They're all doing just fine.

I'm looking forward to the day when I have enough skin to cause smells. That day is a long ways off though.

Comment

Aside from the fundamental illogic of the last post, how about the irony:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Krag
              lol Damn, I hadn't heard that term before... maybe I should change my name!

Now to tackle that stab at my sense of logic:
              If you can explain how washing stinky things is illogical, go ahead.
              If you can explain how observing the mutual prosperity between people of different habits and opinions is illogical, please do.
              If you think it's illogical for me to want enough foreskin that it's capable of getting smelly, why don't you promote circumcision?

Comment

We do need soap and water to maintain general health.
                No rational person can make this claim.
                -Ron Low
                [email protected]
                847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

So call me a perv or disgusting or whatever, but I kind of like the smell.
                  I mean first off, I'm a very clean guy. I shower at least once a day. Often times more. And yes, I clean my dick in the shower. Hell, that's the best part of a good shower. I also do some manual tugging when I shower, and I do some jelqs. I dont have much in the way of coverage yet, so its pretty easy to roll skin back and get everything very clean.

The smell still happens. Especially after a long day. I don't mind it. There are days when it has been just too strong, to fishy or whatever. Usually after a long run or something. But I shower, and it goes away or at least goes back to the nice musk that is pretty normal for me since I've been restoring. My wife seems to enjoy the smell too. I kind of think of it as a pheromone. It's the way a complete man should smell. Honestly, I wish there was some way to increase the smell or even just have it when I'm not restoring. I guess as my foreskin grows, that will come. But if anyone can relate or has suggestions, let me know.

I'm also curious about smegma. I don't have any. Ever. I'm wondering if I ever will have any as I restore. I wonder if there are ways to increase/jumpstart its production. I've read it has some benefits sometimes.

Comment

Why is your choice "rational"? Did you mean something else? What does "rational" have to do with effective?
                    I'm not the one claiming that somehow thousands and thousands of generations of mammals who lived before soap was invented were unhealthy.
                    -Ron Low
                    [email protected]
                    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Again, truly strange language. "Thousands and...........generations of mammals"? lol What's that supposed to mean?

Come'on. You keep stating what you aren't claiming. What are you claiming? Stand out in the light. Declare yourself. Offer substantiation. I've done mine. You do yours.
                      Interjecting dragon says Ron's language is 100% clear and you're not making any sense.

This is one of those debates where there's truth in both arguments... two rights trying to prove each other wrong. The truth is you can wash with soap or without and it'll all be okay. The sweet spot is to know when is the right time to lather up and when to go all natural with plain water, but if you miss that sweet spot it's no big deal.

Your DNA evolved through 4 billion soapless years... it's well equipped to handle the filth of life at it's worst. It takes a lot more than an imperfect bathing routine to get through it's defenses.

Comment

I should have said "In my experience." Are you speaking from personal experience or empirical data? If the latter, can you please provide citations? I never dekeratinized properly while using soap. I never had trouble removing odor or debris using just warm water. I've never met anyone who has had such an issue. And soap also kills friendly flora that belong inside the foreskin...

Comment

Again, truly strange language. "Thousands and...........generations of mammals"? lol What's that supposed to mean?

Come'on. You keep stating what you aren't claiming. What are you claiming? Stand out in the light. Declare yourself. Offer substantiation. I've done mine. You do yours.
                          His language doesn't seem strange at all to me. Generations of mammals means...generations of mammals? Like, one generation gives birth to another, and so on...none of them use soap. How is that strange or cryptic?

Originally posted by KragDragon View Post

Interjecting dragon says Ron's language is 100% clear and you're not making any sense.

This is one of those debates where there's truth in both arguments... two rights trying to prove each other wrong. The truth is you can wash with soap or without and it'll all be okay. The sweet spot is to know when is the right time to lather up and when to go all natural with plain water, but if you miss that sweet spot it's no big deal.

Your DNA evolved through 4 billion soapless years... it's well equipped to handle the filth of life at it's worst. It takes a lot more than an imperfect bathing routine to get through it's defenses.
                          Seconded.

Last edited by WoundedBird; 09-13-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I started to notice a strong smell. Will using coconut oil in the shower instead of soap be helpful?

Comment

Have about 90% plus foreskin covering the head of my penis. I have had a few instances of slight smell. I keep the skin pulled over the head all the time, and do get an accumulation of moisture on the head. I pull the skin back when showering and that always takes care of the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by alanj View Post
                                Have about 90% plus foreskin covering the head of my penis. I have had a few instances of slight smell. I keep the skin pulled over the head all the time, and do get an accumulation of moisture on the head. I pull the skin back when showering and that always takes care of the smell.
                                That's what i do as well, I just wash it..

Comment

Working...
                                X