Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DTR questions

Hello,

I began the restoring a few months ago with a DTR from foreskinrestore and the progress is going good. I just have a few questions for the community.
    The diameter of the standard push plate is just a little bigger than my flaccid glans, so all the pressure rests on the skin just below the head instead of the head itself. Maybe I was cut a little tighter on the underside because there is pain and tearing just to the left of the frenulum scar. Is the plate too big? Should I order a notch plate and would that even help considering that I do not have any remnant of a frenulum? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I dont really want to cause any serious damage.
    Last edited by va619; 01-25-2017, 01:23 AM.

I don't understand what you mean " all the pressure rests on the skin......". The push plate is in contact with the glans, how could it not be experiencing pressure. Your comment makes no sense to me, try expressing it in a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by va619 View Post
      Hello,

I began the restoring a few months ago with a DTR from foreskinrestore and the progress is going good. I just have a few questions for the community.
      The diameter of the standard push plate is just a little bigger than my flaccid glans, so all the pressure rests on the skin just below the head instead of the head itself. Maybe I was cut a little tighter on the underside because there is pain and tearing just to the left of the frenulum scar. Is the plate too big? Should I order a notch plate and would that even help considering that I do not have any remnant of a frenulum? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I dont really want to cause any serious damage.
      If pusher plate is that much bigger than your glands just get sand paper from homedepot and sand it down to the appropriate size and buying notched plate is the same size around your glands anyways the slit makes no difference in diameter so its a waste of money for your situation . Im sure the dtr owner makes custom requests and i think the tlc has multiple sizes to choose from but not sure

Comment

After reading your question again, I may have an idea. If the push plate is wider than your glans and you are getting pain, that may not be a big problem. Don't continue with any pain but try putting a cotton ball between your glans and push plate. That will add some padding. Also try rubbing a bit of spit all around the shaft where the inner skin meets the sulcus. That will provide some nice lubrication when you depress the plunger.

I have a DTR also but my glans is wider than the push plate. It used to be a bit uncomfortable and the push plate would give me a deep groove on the glans just above the sulcus. Ouch! Using a cotton ball provided nice padding and greatly extended wearing time. For you the cotton ball might provide padding between the plunger and your skin tube. And using spit as a lubricant when depressing the plunger makes everything slide incredibly smoothly. Nice!
        Your problem sounds like the edge of the push plate is tearing at the inside of your skin tube. Not good, but spit lubrication should help.

You might contact Chuck at DTR and ask if a smaller diameter push plate is available. Or you could grind down the one you have and make the diameter smaller. You should order a spare first in case you really screw it up. Maybe dual tensioning is not for you at this stage of restoration so get the air kit from Chuck. I bought the Hyperrestore and find it very comfortable and effective. I use it along with my DTR and Manual Methods.

Hope this helps.

Comment

My apologies for not explaining the situation properly. It is my understanding that the outer ridge of the push plate is supposed to push directly on the head of the penis: whereas in my situation, the plate is a little larger in diameter than my glans so the plate is pushing on the inner skin all around the glans just under the corona. The tearing and callousing is only occuring on the underside where my frenulum used to be, not on the dorsal or left/right lateral sides. I will definitely try the cotton ball idea, not entirely sure about sanding the plate since about 1/2cm-1cm would have to be shaved off all the way around and I'm worried that I might screw it up.
          Last edited by va619; 01-26-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X