Let's analyze: Olive oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's analyze: Olive oil

​Short version:​ What are your experiences using olive oil to maintain a shiny and sensitive glans? If you have never used olive oil on your glans, consider doing so to help me build an encyclopedia of treatments. Share any and all information you have including effects, brand, cost, dose, frequency, side effects, and especially pictures if you have any interesting findings.

Long version: I created ​another thread about a month ago in which I said I would track and summarize other topics about the effects of various treatments. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for threads focused on specific treatments, but nothing has shown up yet. To get the ball rolling, I'm starting the "Let's analyze" series of threads in which we take a close look at one of the treatments and what effects-- positive and negative-- they have. For the inaugural thread, I've chosen olive oil because it is very common item (you probably have it in your cupboard right now), it's cheap, and it's benign, so you're not likely to do lasting damage to your penis by testing it out. You basically have no excuse not to try it!

Discuss everything about your experiences, either current or from memory, and I will compile this thread's information and include it as a summary in my other thread. I'll also link to this thread from there. Once this thread has run its course, I'll start up a new "Let's analyze" thread and we'll move on from there. My hope is to cover about one treatment a month.

This thread is by no means official or definitive. If you would like to start your own thread on olive oil, you are quite welcome to. Also, if there are any treatments either on the list or not that you would like to discuss, please make a new thread so we get more information and I can cover more ground in my treatments thread.

Thanks!

I don't like applying anything to the glans or the "inside skin" - it just makes it feel and smell funny to me, especially if it lingers on that surface for any time.
    Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

Never tried olive oil. Don't think it would hurt but it could go stale, may stain clothing and may emit an odor.

I have used mineral oil to lube various body parts (including the glans of my penis) from time to time. Works well for me. Easily absorbed into the skin, not too greasy feeling and does not age or go stale, stain or emit any odors as far as I can tell.

Comment

I used to use coconut oil, and it is an awesome moisturizer. However, the problem is that it stains clothes. This is also true for olive oil. I felt like if I used them though, I would be sure that everything is covered so as not to create a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by urethramaster View Post
          I used to use coconut oil, and it is an awesome moisturizer. However, the problem is that it stains clothes. This is also true for olive oil. I felt like if I used them though, I would be sure that everything is covered so as not to create a mess.
          ​Got you covered there. Wad up a small corner of toilet paper and place it on top of your urethra, inside the YourSkin Cone (or other retention method). It soaks up the excess oil and prevents it from leaking into your clothes. Of course, it's not all that effective if the cone comes off, especially in your sleep.

Not a whole lot of information here so far on olive oil and that's okay-- it's a pretty crappy moisturizer compared to coconut oil, mineral oil, baby oil, etc. I'll add those to my list of treatments soon.

Edit: By the way, if you have tried two or more oils for moisturizing (olive oil or otherwise), please speak up and let me know which one you prefer and why! That kind of information is invaluable!

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

Also, I haven't personally used olive oil. Coconut oil has been the only one for me. I also like it because it's great for masturbation and loses it's slipperiness much slower than say Astroglide. It also has many other uses. You can use it for literally anything. Either way, I would recommend coconut oil more than any other one.

Comment

Has not been a month yet so I will weigh in as well! I have used coconut oil and tea tree oil.

Coconut oil - The coconut oil was a substitute for the regular amount of aloe vera gel I would apply. The couple of weeks I used the substitute were cool. The skin became more soft and it helped get rid of the scar I had some more.

Tea Tree oil - if you put pure tea tree oil on your skin you could burn yourself. It is potent. Anytime I apply any sort of moisturizer to my penis I start with the glans first . I let it "sop" the moisturizer for a minute or close to that and then I roll my foreskin-to-be up and over the moisturized glans.

Originally posted by eeeee View Post

​Got you covered there. Wad up a small corner of toilet paper and place it on top of your urethra, inside the YourSkin Cone (or other retention method). It soaks up the excess oil and prevents it from leaking into your clothes.
              Yea I came up with a similar idea, except I applied it (the idea) while I was actively restoring. And I kept adding more tissue as the foreskin grew longer. More foreskin = more area. But now I manually tug purely.

Comment

I mixed coconut oil, beeswax, primrose oil, and grapesed oil. I melted enough beeswax to fill a container (mint tin) almost halfway. I at first added just equal beeswax and coconut oil but that was too hard so I added some primrose and grapeseed oil.
                I would apply it if I felt irritated from too much tugging. It seemed to help the skin recover faster.
                I have not used it for a while mostly because I have reduced the ammount of tugging I do temporarily due to some lifestyle changes.
                I did get a lot of manual in yesterday so I applied pure coconut oil to see how well it works.

Comment

Working...
                X