Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I supposed to feel while tugging? (Too gentle? Or too much tension?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I supposed to feel while tugging? (Too gentle? Or too much tension?)

So, I'm a beginner in the whole foreskin restoration thing, and I've been doing manual stretching for the past 2 1/2 weeks now. I was wondering.. what exactly am I supposed to feel while my skin is under tension? Lately I've been feeling a bit of burning, so I guess I've been using too much tension? But sometimes while I have my skin under tension, to me it feels like nothing's going on, so that tends to cause me to want to increase the tension. I guess I do this out of fear of having no progress at all if I'm too gentle. Maybe it's a mental thing with me. I used to do a lot of bodybuilding, and in my mind no pain always meant no gain. But I guess in this case it's more like no pain, no damage?

Well, all tips and advice would be really useful. I've been kinda frustrated about this lately, and I have the feeling this is something I should be totally chill about.

-Regen

The only what to really know how much tension is to see if you are making progress. As a beginner, I would err on the side of too little tension, to be safe. If you feel burning, try easing the tension a little and see what happens. Is the burning while you are tugging, or after? How long does it last?

I can offer a fuzzy suggestion for how it feels to me. But be advised, words are ambiguous. I apply enough tension that I feel it, but it does not hurt. It feels like if I added just a little more, I might get injured and have pain, but I stop before that happens. It is a little uncomfortable when first applied, but after a few moments, I can forget I have anything on.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Basically you want to go to the elastic limit of your skin plus a little more. A little redness and soreness is ok at the end of the day as long as it's gone by morning.

Comment

Ditto. What has been described here is the same I felt. There is no feeling that something's "going on" per se. But there is a feeling that you've reached a sort of midpoint, between your skin being stretched out with a mild feeling of tension, and where your skin in truly stretched out with a stronger feeling of tension. Not very precise, right? But that's the best I can do. You'll find it, no doubt in my mind. but you have to go on playing with it. This thing takes faith (that in time there will be small signs that something is happening), and endurance.

This thing is based on a built-in response from your skin. You skin has it too, guaranteed. So just go on, even if you're frustrated, or bored. But no extreme tension, no extreme anything. That will hurt you, and stop the process.
        Last edited by Reality; 04-19-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
          The only what to really know how much tension is to see if you are making progress. As a beginner, I would err on the side of too little tension, to be safe. If you feel burning, try easing the tension a little and see what happens. Is the burning while you are tugging, or after? How long does it last?

I can offer a fuzzy suggestion for how it feels to me. But be advised, words are ambiguous. I apply enough tension that I feel it, but it does not hurt. It feels like if I added just a little more, I might get injured and have pain, but I stop before that happens. It is a little uncomfortable when first applied, but after a few moments, I can forget I have anything on.

Hope that helps.
          Thanks for the advice greg! What you said about how you apply your tension is pretty much how I've thought it's supposed to be, but it seems like even when I try doing that, I still feel some burning. I'll keep trying to find that sweet spot of tension, though. I am CI-O or however you say it. Basically I'm tightly cut with no loose skin. It's often hard to see whether or not my skin actually is under enough tension, and also a bit tricky when it comes to trying to "feel" if there's enough tension.

As for your questions, well, the burning mainly happens when I'm tugging, and particularly right at my circumcision scar. Maybe I'm using too tight of a grip? But I seem to use the same tight grip on the lower part of my shaft as well, yet I feel no pain there. The burning only lasts for as long as I have a grip on it. As soon as I let go, the burning goes away.

I'll also add that my routine just consists of me gripping my penis with both hands in the "Ok" sign. One at the circumcision scar, and the other about an inch below that. The skin in between them is under tension, and I do this for 1 hour. This is what I've been doing for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Is it okay for me to have consistent tension for 1 hour at my level of skin?

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
            Ditto. What has been described here is the same I felt. There is no feeling that something's "going on" per se. But there is a feeling that you've reached a sort of midpoint, between your skin being stretched out with a mild feeling of tension, and where your skin in truly stretched out with a stronger feeling of tension. Not very precise, right? But that's the best I can do. You'll find it, no doubt in my mind. but you have to go on playing with it. This thing takes faith (that in time there will be small signs that something is happening), and endurance.

This thing is based on a built-in response from your skin. You skin has it too, guaranteed. So just go on, even if you're frustrated, or bored. But no extreme tension, no extreme anything. That will hurt you, and stop the process.
            Thanks for the advice, Info! I appreciate this. I will continue trying to find that midpoint you mentioned. It seems like it's a lot easier said that done for me, but I won't give up.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
              Basically you want to go to the elastic limit of your skin plus a little more. A little redness and soreness is ok at the end of the day as long as it's gone by morning.
              But what do you mean by redness and soreness? I thought I'm not supposed to feel any pain.

Comment

Originally posted by RegeneratorX View Post

Thanks for the advice greg! What you said about how you apply your tension is pretty much how I've thought it's supposed to be, but it seems like even when I try doing that, I still feel some burning. I'll keep trying to find that sweet spot of tension, though. I am CI-O or however you say it. Basically I'm tightly cut with no loose skin. It's often hard to see whether or not my skin actually is under enough tension, and also a bit tricky when it comes to trying to "feel" if there's enough tension.

As for your questions, well, the burning mainly happens when I'm tugging, and particularly right at my circumcision scar. Maybe I'm using too tight of a grip? But I seem to use the same tight grip on the lower part of my shaft as well, yet I feel no pain there. The burning only lasts for as long as I have a grip on it. As soon as I let go, the burning goes away.

I'll also add that my routine just consists of me gripping my penis with both hands in the "Ok" sign. One at the circumcision scar, and the other about an inch below that. The skin in between them is under tension, and I do this for 1 hour. This is what I've been doing for the past 2 1/2 weeks. Is it okay for me to have consistent tension for 1 hour at my level of skin?
                Thanks for the additional information. To me, it sounds like the nerves are reacting to the grip. I am not sure what that means, but I think I would continue, as it stops as soon as you stop, suggesting it is not from damage that is occurring. There is a lot I do not know about nerve sensations and how they react when severed. You might find this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&...ZFw&nomobile=1

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by RegeneratorX View Post

But what do you mean by redness and soreness? I thought I'm not supposed to feel any pain.
                  Any time you work your skin as we do it's normal for it to turn a little red and be a little sore at the end of the day. like a very mild sunburn, but much less. I would classify this as discomfort, not pain. Its a fine line. As long as its gone by morning, you're good to go. It's important to take breaks thruout the day for blood flow to do its thing. To get a feel for amount of tension and consistency, get a small digital fish scale to measure force. After a while you can do it by feel. This will help you quantify the tension and enable you to find YOUR ideal tension. generallly, around a pound + or -, is about right. You dont need like 3 pounds or something like that. Stretch marks and skin tears are what you want to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                  X