I am not sure how to confront my parents about circumcision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not sure how to confront my parents about circumcision

I got circumcised when i was born, luckily it was not tight and still have my a bit of my frenulum. Until i got into my teen years i had thought i was normal and like everybody else. I was very confident and did not find ir a problem to speak to girls. I knew i was circumcised but i had thought everyone had to go through the procedure and that the "skin" at the front of my dick my parents referred as ugly and dirty. Until i was 12 i from the UK btw. My group of friends I talking bout sex. I got asked if i was circumcised. I had said proudly thst i was. They were all schocked and laughed at me.I was confused at why. They had ssid i could not hsve plewsurable sex like them. I said bsck being very naive at that time that it was far much better than having a foreskin. It goes on and soon stops. By 13 i had done resewrch on this. I was upset and my heart sunk. i typed in on youtube videos on baby boys getting circumcised and stopped watching and cried. A few months later i have a baby brother. I did not want him circumcjsed but did not have the gut to tellmy psrents sbout this. It was too late i then got depressed and lost confidence. I then saw and someone told me about FR. i thought it was bullshit and was a scam bit it turns out to be realI do not really want to go into detail with myrestoringbut seeing progress so far! i am a CI2 been restoring for 2 weeks. I told my mum abojt circumcison but she did not bepieve and did not really care. I gwve up on it. I am afraid to tell my dad he is very strict and is from Canada. I am wanting to bring the topic again but dont have tbe courage.I am a healthy 14 yr old kid who has a normal ljfestyle and no mental isues however feel heartbroken by circumcison and want it to get banned snd believe it will jf there is enough awareness. I wouldlove a reply back

I would not "confront" them. Instead, I would ask them about the aspects you are curious or concerned about, taking effort to make them feel safe to have the discussion with you. A great resource that will help immensely is Crucial Conversations:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Conve.../dp/0071771328

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by ItsNotJustSkin View Post
      I got circumcised when i was born, luckily it was not tight and still have my a bit of my frenulum. Until i got into my teen years i had thought i was normal and like everybody else. I was very confident and did not find ir a problem to speak to girls. I knew i was circumcised but i had thought everyone had to go through the procedure and that the "skin" at the front of my dick my parents referred as ugly and dirty. Until i was 12 i from the UK btw. My group of friends I talking bout sex. I got asked if i was circumcised. I had said proudly thst i was. They were all schocked and laughed at me.I was confused at why. They had ssid i could not hsve plewsurable sex like them. I said bsck being very naive at that time that it was far much better than having a foreskin. It goes on and soon stops. By 13 i had done resewrch on this. I was upset and my heart sunk. i typed in on youtube videos on baby boys getting circumcised and stopped watching and cried. A few months later i have a baby brother. I did not want him circumcjsed but did not have the gut to tellmy psrents sbout this. It was too late i then got depressed and lost confidence. I then saw and someone told me about FR. i thought it was bullshit and was a scam bit it turns out to be realI do not really want to go into detail with myrestoringbut seeing progress so far! i am a CI2 been restoring for 2 weeks. I told my mum abojt circumcison but she did not bepieve and did not really care. I gwve up on it. I am afraid to tell my dad he is very strict and is from Canada. I am wanting to bring the topic again but dont have tbe courage.I am a healthy 14 yr old kid who has a normal ljfestyle and no mental isues however feel heartbroken by circumcison and want it to get banned snd believe it will jf there is enough awareness. I wouldlove a reply back
      I had this issue, I used to be a circumcision enthusiast even. I just told my mom it was Genital Mutilation and didn't stop. She hasn't changed her mind thus far. I haven't told my dad though, I had the temptation once, but I refrained. He isn't strict but I just didn't want to tell him for some reason.

Comment

Working...
      X