Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

de-keratinization?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • de-keratinization?

    hi guys. I am experiencing what I believe to be my glans de-keratinizing. however, it seems a little extreme and also hurts to the touch. for anyone that has gone through this process, does this look normal? has anyone else had a similar experience (with the pain and cracking)?

  • #2
    For me, when I had dekeratinization events, it was like my skin peeling after a sunburn. A thin, whitish layer would peel off, or could be removed, with almost no pain. Under was reddish skin, but not painful either, just a bit sensitive.

    So, your description does not seem to align well with mine. What have you been doing and for how long? Was this sudden, or has it been slowly getting worse? Details may help.

    Regards

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sjt1001 View Post
      hi guys. I am experiencing what I believe to be my glans de-keratinizing. however, it seems a little extreme and also hurts to the touch. for anyone that has gone through this process, does this look normal? has anyone else had a similar experience (with the pain and cracking)?
      No, doesn't look normal. Looks like a yeast infection, or, an infection of some kind, perhaps an allergic reaction; perhaps an STD. When your glans sheds dead cells, it is always a minor event, and it doesn't cause pain. Think: smegma (little bits of soft crap), not desquamation (tissue blistering and peeling).

      See a doctor, have it diagnosed, have it treated, as soon as possible.
      Last edited by Reality; 04-30-2017, 06:41 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I also have to vote for that not being a normal part of restoration. Pain is never a part of healthy or normal restoration.

        Here is a picture of my most "violent" dekeratinization episode - note the uniform, glossy appearance of the underlying skin - and, more importantly, it did not hurt!
        Visit my restoration progress journal.

        Comment


        • #5
          The process of, and the time course of, dekeratinization of the glans and inner foreskin varies a lot from restorer to restorer. Some never see visible signs of dekeratinization at all. It's a slow, steady process for them. Others report visible signs of shedding and flaking. Still others report violent upheavals on their glans and inner foreskins.

          For me, I started shedding for a couple of weeks during the third month of my restoration, then the whole cornified mass decided to lift off all at once, like a wet soggy toenail. QBMan describes a sudden dekeratinization event in his Restoration Journal during month 11 of his restoration (October28,1998 Restoration Journal entry. Near the bottom of the page, with photos.).

          https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...red-to-the-web

          After a sudden dekeratinization event, the underlying mucosal skin can be so hypersensitive that it borders on pain. To desensitize the area so you can get some sleep, or get through your work day, apply some "last longer" sex gel or baby teething and toothache gel (like Orajel or Anbesol). These products contain benzocaine, which will numb you up. One of the three Dollar Tree stores that I frequent in suburban Detroit recently had an Orajel-like product in stock for only $1.

          This could also be a yeast infection, but yeast infections are usually very itchy - more itchy than painful.
          The dead giveaway that you have a yeast infection is if you smell yeast.

          Whether you are dekeratinizing or have a yeast infection, you do not want to overwash the area. That makes matters worse. Soaps and detergents will make the area more alkaline, which favors the growth of yeast. You want to keep the area on the acidic side. You can use a dilute solution of vinegar in water (or lemon juice in water, or citric acid crystals in water) to rinse the area. The best thing to treat your glans with right now is a slathering of pre-cum or cum, or your own urine. It may seem counterintuitive, but these natural agents that come right out of your own urethra are perfect for combating yeast infections. They also promote dekeratinization.

          David
          World As Monkey Island

          I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
          I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

          Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you all for responding. Your input, while freaking me out a little, is much appreciated. I am going to take a closer look at my routine to see if there is something I'm doing that may be causing this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Every once in a while I tend to apply a moisturising ointment and then cover up for the night. I have the feeling that this really improves and results in more sensitivity, even though this is a very slow process. I'm using Nivea Men cream for this, which is typically used for dry hands or dry facial skin. Before I used the standard cream from the same company but that one was a bit more viscous. The good thing about these is that they also contain vitamin E, which is helping in cell growth.

              anyway, I agree with the others here that it's probably wise to have this checked out, as it looks suspicious to me too. Hope it's nothing too serious and that you'll manage to fix it soon!

              good luck!
              There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

              Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Science Monk View Post
                ...





                ...... The best thing to treat your glans with right now is a slathering of pre-cum or cum, or your own urine. It may seem counterintuitive, but these natural agents that come right out of your own urethra are perfect for combating yeast infections. They also promote dekeratinization.

                David
                World As Monkey Island
                You continually get anatomy wrong, and have done for years. Above you are spreading the same old, and by "old" I do mean decades old, ignorant forum crap. So now, you're getting physiology wrong. All the while by NOT actually looking at the photo, and dealing with the information it provides. Any person with even a bit of knowledge would start with the photo. Maybe you ignored it because it doesn't mean anything to you? You started with the myth, apparently feeling totally confident that you can just pass on myth, as though you know something about it all, without dealing with the evidence. But consider: there's a person on the other end of this thread, who's suffering symptoms. No concern for that?

                1. "Precum" does not "come from the urethra", nor does semen. They travel via the urethra, so the question becomes, so what? Why mention the urethra? You say that like the urethra has some special meaning. It doesn't. These "natural agents" as you describe them, are produced elsewhere by specific organs. The use of the term "natural" in the way that you've used it here, is always a signpost of the uneducated, the magical thinker. And to think that these substances are a treatment, is to know absolutely nothing about them. Myth is not knowledge.

                2. Urine. Jesus, this again? Time after time. Urine is a cast off substance. It's an excretion; excreted material. It's shit, in other words; caustic liquid shit. So you're suggesting this person who's suffering symptoms, use caustic shit to "wash" the infected area. Nice. Here's a little fact that you might consider next time you see an opportunity to pass on myth; various native cultures, for centuries, have used, STILL use urine TO TAN LEATHER. Does that sound appropriate for mucosa? So, really? You're suggesting the OP tan his glans, or at least re infect his tissues with shit, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT? Real good information, there.

                Want a real world example? Ever take care of an infant? Ever see what urine lying on the surface of even regular epidermis does to the tissue IN SHORT ORDER? Hours, or less. And to add to this, how about the "known fact" on forums that urine is a medium for bacterial growth. BACTERIAL GROWTH. You knew that, right? It gets mentioned on forums on a regular basis. So.........maybe there's a contradiction, somewhere, in your "logic", tall enough to trip over? "Natural" vs caustic shit? Knuckle-dragger myth vs the most basic facts of everyday hygiene, let alone complete ignorance of the clinical implications involved.

                This forum needs better information, from members who are actually concerned with OP symptoms, and who have at least the modicum of knowledge it takes to answer. Do the research it takes to confirm what you think you know, first. Then answer. This forum is a pleasing example that restoration forums are slowly catching up with what's actually known by medical science. You aren't helping that trend.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Info View Post


                  1. "Precum" does not "come from the urethra", nor does semen. They travel via the urethra, so the question becomes, so what?
                  For someone who purports to be so concerned with linguistic and technical accuracy, I find it very odd that you attribute a statement (in quotation marks, no less) to Science Monk that he simply did not make. He said "come right out of your own urethra" and you changed that to "comes from the urethra" in order for you to score a cheap point. That kind of behavior seems something less than honest.

                  Originally posted by Info View Post
                  2. Urine. Jesus, this again? Time after time. Urine is a cast off substance. It's an excretion; excreted material. It's shit, in other words; caustic liquid shit. So you're suggesting this person who's suffering symptoms, use caustic shit to "wash" the infected area. Nice. Here's a little fact that you might consider next time you see an opportunity to pass on myth; various native cultures, for centuries, have used, STILL use urine TO TAN LEATHER. Does that sound appropriate for mucosa? So, really? You're suggesting the OP tan his glans, or at least re infect his tissues with shit, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT? Real good information, there.

                  Want a real world example? Ever take care of an infant? Ever see what urine lying on the surface of even regular epidermis does to the tissue IN SHORT ORDER? Hours, or less. And to add to this, how about the "known fact" on forums that urine is a medium for bacterial growth. BACTERIAL GROWTH. You knew that, right? It gets mentioned on forums on a regular basis. So.........maybe there's a contradiction, somewhere, in your "logic", tall enough to trip over? "Natural" vs caustic shit? Knuckle-dragger myth vs the most basic facts of everyday hygiene, let alone complete ignorance of the clinical implications involved.
                  The glans and the inner foreskin can accommodate to being in contact with urine. Given that a normal foreskin does not typically retract for some years after birth, urine is hardly hazardous to the inner foreskin or glans. While I cannot vouch for the idea intentionally slathering your glans in urine, I don't think it's some horrible substance either. Your line of thinking was used for many years to justify forcibly separating and retracting the foreskin of babies in the name of hygiene (not to mention infant circumcision), which is unnecessary.
                  Visit my restoration progress journal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I dont think I'd use urine on a chaffed glans intentionally, but I would have to concur that urine does not harm the glans. When I was intact I used to "pee bomb" it to clean my foreskin chamber all the time when I didn't have access to bathing facilities like when out camping for several days. Just don't do this with your first morning pee. After drinking plenty of water is ideal.
                    Enough of this pissing contest guys (info).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mjwise View Post

                      For someone who purports to be so concerned with linguistic and technical accuracy, I find it very odd that you attribute a statement (in quotation marks, no less) to Science Monk that he simply did not make. He said "come right out of your own urethra" and you changed that to "comes from the urethra" in order for you to score a cheap point. That kind of behavior seems something less than honest.



                      The glans and the inner foreskin can accommodate to being in contact with urine. Given that a normal foreskin does not typically retract for some years after birth, urine is hardly hazardous to the inner foreskin or glans. While I cannot vouch for the idea intentionally slathering your glans in urine, I don't think it's some horrible substance either. Your line of thinking was used for many years to justify forcibly separating and retracting the foreskin of babies in the name of hygiene (not to mention infant circumcision), which is unnecessary.
                      Ok, if you insist, but the point remains, why mention the urethra? What does that have to do with anything? It was reference to a fact that is meaningless, but it was used to simulate meaning, and then it went downhill from there. I'm sure you got that, although you don't mention the downhill aspect; your comment doesn't address my other points about "natural", et al, which also happen to be valid observations. Bad information is bad information. The OP needs professional eyes on the situation, not some guy with a cartoon avatar and decades of internet myth.

                      You guys who think the intact penis, with it's delicate tissues and structures, and its exposure to the usual list of suspects, is somehow totally unaffected by the usual conditions and diseases. It isn't. It is as prone to bad things as any other organ. More so, actually. It's outside, where many of the beasties are. Thinking otherwise is the usual forum myth too.

                      Considering that you brought it up as an argument, do you think that infant penises are bulletproof? They aren't. They should, except in situations of intractable infection, or neoplasm, remain untouched in regard to circumcision. We all know that's a no-brainer. But on this rock there are diseases and infection, some of which resist all conservative treatment. Maybe you haven't seen that, so it isn't real to you. So what do you suggest in that situation?
                      Last edited by Reality; 05-02-2017, 03:23 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                        I dont think I'd use urine on a chaffed glans intentionally, but I would have to concur that urine does not harm the glans. .....
                        Exactly. Why suggest it for a symptomatic area on the glans, when that area is.........obviously symptomatic, unless you don't know enough to see that, and you're trying for the same old myth, for whatever reason somebody would still do that at this late date. I know you don't want to admit it, but Monk is potentially harmful. Ignorance always is. Is urine harmful on a fully functioning, intact penis? It can be, if it's retained somehow (I've seen it), even though the entirety of intact mucosa produces enough transudate to slough off the salts ordinarily, AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL. (and how often does that happen?).

                        Just as you've said, you wouldn't want it to leave it there, and your body doesn't want that either, so it does what it can to "wash" the area. This can be inadequate in the best of situations. So, on top of the fact that the OP has symptoms, does he have enough mucosa to help with the situation? I'm saying "no". You've suggested to not use urine, in the way that Monk suggests. Wasn't that my bottom line too? I was just a bit more detailed about it.

                        Here: I'll simple it up for everyone in the thread. Info's suggestions:

                        1. If an OP provides a photo, any member who replies should look at the damn photo, and comment on what you see. That's basic.

                        2. Unless any member is a physician, don't try for a specific diagnosis in your comment. A differential is pushing up against the line, and I knew that when I did it, and there's a reason I did it.

                        3. Keep other members safe. Make very conservative suggestions, ie "see a doctor to be safe". Why?

                        4. If you can't come up with a reason on your own, how about: because, you aren't there. You. Aren't. There. So you don't know what else is going on in the OP's life. Or even if it's a photo of his dick. So if you don't have the training, don't try to sound like you do with comments about "natural agents" and a shortsighted view.


                        Really, can anyone object to this? On restoration forums BS has historically ruled. I don't let BS slide, especially if it potentially affects members psychological or physiological well being. I don't think anyone should, but some do think that, in the interests of making nice, and a vanilla flavor. I think that's BS too. There has to be something similar to my voice on each and every forum out there, and I have to say, there has been here, lately, more often than used to happen. (parsec and mj have done some of it).


                        Good thread. Keeps focus on members and issues.
                        Last edited by Reality; 05-02-2017, 03:26 PM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X