2 months, not much change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 months, not much change

I haven't seen much change in 2 months. I should at least see something right?

Hi,
    I assume that you are talking about 2 months of restoring (manual and using a device). Anyway, I'll jump and pre-empt what Info might say.
    You won't get dramatic results after 2 months as it is a slow process for growing skin and you have to grow a lot of skin. Some say it requires years of patience and constant application. Which, personally is why I prefer to use a device to sustain that tension for periods of time to stimulate those skins cells into reproducing to cover a bigger area.

You may well feel a loosening of the skin before you visually notice any difference.

Do you also take monthly photos? For something that can take a long time to achieve it can be difficult to see the change or the brain to notice the changes, so pictures would help. Say comparing six months progress against when you started. Remember, a couple years of your life working to achieve the goal is nothing when put into context of your whole life. At least you will develop patience as well as a new foreskin at the end of the process.

For achieving long term goals I find that keeping an eye on the end goal while doing something everyday that takes me a little bit closer to the end goal will get me there. You'll be surprised by what you can achieve in life just by doing that.

Anyway, everyone is different and it would appear that people restore at different rates. A bit like starting on body building or some sort of fitness regime. Two similar people can take different lengths of time to achieve the same end results even though they are using the same training program.

As they say on the forum, Keep on Tugging.

Comment

I will second what Phoenix said. The rate of growth is slow. All we can do is trigger a few cells at any given time. the research papers on skin expansion I have read suggest about 5% of the cells may be dividing at any given time. That suggests that only about 5% may be able to be triggered.

When you say you have not seen much change, what you need to do is sort out a way for you to see that change. Not much change could be exactly what you would expect, or iot could be that you are not seeing any change. Words are ambiguous.

My recommendation to people starting out is to figure out two things. First, how to judge that you are making progress. You may simply look at coverage, multiple times a week, then judge you have made some progress, or you may want a more systematic way to do that that could involve measuring.

Second, you want to be able to use the same amount of tension every time you tug, and be able to know you have increased or decreased tension, when you want to change tension levels. This may be important, as my experience suggests that tension is the most important variable.

If you can do both, you can experiment and find out what tension level works best, and that you are making progress.

Regards

Comment

You guys are trying to reason with a kid who claims a cognitive issue. I happen to believe that claim, based on what he's done on this forum so far, and because of the fact that he's playing with you here. Don't think so? Fine, then think about this, if he's not playing with you, then he is clearly not up to even a basic understanding of what "restoration" involves, or how to find out. See?

A lack of basic understanding is why I don't think kids should get anything other than a stock answer here, especially when they are clearly unable to understand anything beyond that. A stock answer just for safety's sake, theirs and yours.

And, just for the record? "Loose skin" isn't the first sign of anything. NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE. That's the same old forum nonsense. I'm surprised I even have to say that. Haven't we moved beyond that? The first sign of results are tiny, more or less circumferential wrinkles in shaft skin. THAT signifies additional growth. It happens that way for everybody, so that should be the answer for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
          You guys are trying to reason with a kid who claims a cognitive issue. I happen to believe that claim, based on what he's done on this forum so far, and because of the fact that he's playing with you here. Don't think so? Fine, then think about this, if he's not playing with you, then he is clearly not up to even a basic understanding of what "restoration" involves, or how to find out. See?

A lack of basic understanding is why I don't think kids should get anything other than a stock answer here, especially when they are clearly unable to understand anything beyond that. A stock answer just for safety's sake, theirs and yours.

And, just for the record? "Loose skin" isn't the first sign of anything. NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE. That's the same old forum nonsense. I'm surprised I even have to say that. Haven't we moved beyond that? The first sign of results are tiny, more or less circumferential wrinkles in shaft skin. THAT signifies additional growth. It happens that way for everybody, so that should be the answer for everybody.
          Do you think there is really the need to cause a hassle on this forum. You can not just make him get lost of this forum. He is asking a simple fucking question and you think he has low understanding of restoring?? This site is suppose to be supportive and helping each other restore. Stop being negative on him and if you have such a huge issue with him just dont find the need of replying if you have anyhing negative to say right? If you do however, dont cause drama and instead privwte message me or market for concerns and not ruin the reputation of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsNotJustSkin View Post
            Do you think there is really the need to cause a hassle on this forum. You can not just make him get lost of this forum. He is asking a simple fucking question and you think he has low understanding of restoring?? This site is suppose to be supportive and helping each other restore. Stop being negative on him and if you have such a huge issue with him just dont find the need of replying if you have anyhing negative to say right? If you do however, dont cause drama and instead privwte message me or market for concerns and not ruin the reputation of this forum.

In no particular order of importance:

1. I gave a two part post. You focused on only one part. I wonder why. The second part is just as worthy. More worthy, actually. It gives at least as much information.

2. Your post causes the "hassle" in this thread, by being forcefully worded. If PMs are so important to you, why didn't you PM me first? That would've been less hassle for the thread. You had a choice, and then you chose the one you're accusing me of, rather than the one you say I should've chosen. Curious. So....seeing you did:

3. Your post shows that you don't understand the issue in the part you did focus on. I didn't say he only "has low (sic) understanding of restoring". I wonder why you didn't get that. "Low" is not synonymous with "poor", by the way. Could it be that.....

4. English is a second language for you. That's certainly the way your post reads (bad grammar, bad vocabulary). If so, I suppose we need to give a bit of slack to how you've worded your post. So I'll do that.

5. But ... you've also given me orders, in essence. You've told me how you want me to handle things when I post. You weren't friendly when you did it, and it isn't your role here. And I'm not sure, based on your apparent grasp of, and use of, English, that you'd understand anything I post in the future. In fact, I'm betting you won't. You haven't so far. Could that be why you didn't focus on the second part?

So I'd have to say, it sounds like the "drama" you're concerned about is coming from you, all puffed up and manly sounding. From me, all anybody got was logic, a way to look at an ongoing situation, couched in a more general concern. And, of course, basic information associated with restoration. I didn't address the OP directly at all, and people here can reject the logic involved (and my concern), or not; up to them. Most of the time they understand what I'm saying (whether or not they agree with it).

However ... if you did mean to give me forceful orders, then.......

4. Who the fuck are you, again?

Me, I'm ................. done with this thread (unless somebody wants to talk about wrinkles).
            Last edited by Reality; 05-08-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I did not know there where cognitive issues involved, but I knew “The Market Libertarian” is a young teenager so I tried to phase what I had to say to his age. Perhaps “loosening of the skin” was not a technically correct phrase to use, but perception is a funny thing and sometimes it is better to take a poetic license when trying to explain something without getting technical.

Anyway, Info I appreciate what you are trying to do in keeping the forum fact based and information centred around scientific / medical facts and away from “bro science”. Believe it or not I have learned a bit from your posts, even though I sometimes had to work my way through all the rage to get to what you are trying to say. Your message gets lost when you do that. I would suggest that we (the collective we) start up a discussion group that outlines the medical facts about restoration as they are known today. That way we can have a reference on the forum that people can refer to when discussing a particular topic. Unless there is already one and I haven’t noticed it, which is possible. There is a lot of golden information hidden away in various posts which is difficult to find, especially for someone just starting.

Comment

In no particular order of importance:

1. I gave a two part post. You focused on only one part. I wonder why. The second part is just as worthy. More worthy, actually. It gives at least as much information.

2. Your post causes the "hassle" in this thread, by being forcefully worded. If PMs are so important to you, why didn't you PM me first? That would've been less hassle for the thread. You had a choice, and then you chose the one you're accusing me of, rather than the one you say I should've chosen. Curious. So....seeing you did:

3. Your post shows that you don't understand the issue in the part you did focus on. I didn't say he only "has low (sic) understanding of restoring". I wonder why you didn't get that. "Low" is not synonymous with "poor", by the way. Could it be that.....

4. English is a second language for you. That's certainly the way your post reads (bad grammar, bad vocabulary). If so, I suppose we need to give a bit of slack to how you've worded your post. So I'll do that.

5. But ... you've also given me orders, in essence. You've told me how you want me to handle things when I post. You weren't friendly when you did it, and it isn't your role here. And I'm not sure, based on your apparent grasp of, and use of, English, that you'd understand anything I post in the future. In fact, I'm betting you won't. You haven't so far. Could that be why you didn't focus on the second part?

So I'd have to say, it sounds like the "drama" you're concerned about is coming from you, all puffed up and manly sounding. From me, all anybody got was logic, a way to look at an ongoing situation, couched in a more general concern. And, of course, basic information associated with restoration. I didn't address the OP directly at all, and people here can reject the logic involved (and my concern), or not; up to them. Most of the time they understand what I'm saying (whether or not they agree with it).

However ... if you did mean to give me forceful orders, then.......

4. Who the fuck are you, again?

Me, I'm ................. done with this thread (unless somebody wants to talk about wrinkles).
                Lighten up Francis, he's just a kid. And don't go off on some other tangent saying "my point exactly". Your efforts could be better spent reaming out your professional peers on the subject of circumcision. After all, it IS your ilk that caused ALL of this in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X