Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FInally

Hi all,

I am brand new here. I have always dreamed of having foreskin, however, before now I did not know it was possible. I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you and accepting any suggestions you all may have. I am currently 19 and hope to have full coverage in 5 to 6 years. Some Questions: What exactly does the cross taping accomplish? What does the "Your-skin cone" do and is it worth buying? Are there many guys my age doing the same thing?

Once again I am very excited!

Cheers!

Originally posted by readyforachange View Post
    Hi all,

I am brand new here. I have always dreamed of having foreskin, however, before now I did not know it was possible. I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you and accepting any suggestions you all may have. I am currently 19 and hope to have full coverage in 5 to 6 years. Some Questions: What exactly does the cross taping accomplish? What does the "Your-skin cone" do and is it worth buying? Are there many guys my age doing the same thing?

Once again I am very excited!

Cheers!
    the your skin cone is part of the TLC tugger, a restoration device, but also retains your restored foreskin in place once restored.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and to the world of restoration.
      Like you I did not know it was possible either, only found out about it last year when I stumbled across it. Only wished that I had discovered it when I was your age rather than 30 years later, but no point in hanging onto "if only's" . Anyway, I'm still excited about restoring.

I have no idea about cross taping as I haven't really looked into it, I'm sure someone on the forum will answer that question for you.

However, "Your-Skin cone", as I understand it, is meant to help cover and protect the glans while you are not tugging. On the forum there seems to be divided opinion of the benefits of this. I did try using it for awhile and yes I did start to regain some sensitivity. The glans started to act the way they should when they are covered by a foreskin, etc. Not to mention the change in colour, I've never seen it that colour before, but luckily (from the forum) I knew that was normal and what it should be. I gave up using it for now, unfortunately I did lose a few (don't ask me how as I have no idea) I think must have forgot that I was wearing it when rushing to the bathroom. Anyway, give it a try for a few weeks if you want to get a "sample" of what it might be like to have the glans covered all the time. Personally I found it to be a little bit annoying wearing it. But like most things it properly takes time to get use to it, so something I may have another go at wearing in the future.
      If your friends doubt the benefits of having the glans covered, like a foreskin does, challenge them to do this for a month and experience it for themselves.

From what I've seen on the forum, there are definitely people your age restoring as well.

Comment

Hello and welcome!

I don't know how much useful information I'll be able to offer, but I'll tell you where I'm at. I started restoring 10 months ago (cross taping) and last month, I felt that I had enough movement in my skin to use a device.

There is a lot of help and advice on this forum,

Good luck!

Comment

Cross taping and the Yourskincone accomplish the same task of keeping your foreskin remnant forward, encompassing the glans. Overtime this will help to remove the many tough layers that have built up on not only your inner foreskin but glans as well. I'm 21 now but when I was 16 or so I cross taped for a month and had a lot of "top" skin peel off of my inner foreskin remnant however I stopped retaining due to the nature of tape and skin adherence. At that time I was between a c2/c3 and now as I am reaching c4, from 3 months of restoring, I have concluded the best course of action for me is to not retain until I am at least c6. I am focusing purely on inner skin until this time and then tugging outer skin until I am c9 and "finished". I was high cut so if I am c6 based on tugging inner skin alone my scarline will be far enough back that when moved forward by outer skin tensioning my glans will be completely covered in inner skin upon completion. Why do this? Why not retain now? By focusing on inner skin first I can use the DTR with little discomfort, although I recommend you have many methods as for example I am currently using direct air. As outer skin tensioning is usually done by tugger or by weight with enough inner skin I will accomplish the same thing as if I was cross taping or using the Yourskincone while finishing this.

This process takes a LONG time. We are working on the microscopic level here. You can't get upset after a week and quit. I'm only 21 and I wish I had purchased my TLC/DTR products when I got my first debit card. Five years time "wasted". But I can't look back, neither of us can; we aren't going that way. My advice is to find a routine and make it part of your day, just like brushing your teeth. If you think applying aloe or taking a multivitamin helps you, it will even if its just the mental aspect alone it is influencing. There is a lot of "snake oil" on the market so be careful.

To be honest a majority of why I am restoring is the aesthetic. I remember as a small child thinking my circscar was a birthmark and pulling the skin over my gland was a neat trick only I could do. This stuff will really screw you up if you think on it too long. Thinking your parents possessed zero critical thinking skills on the topic or recognizing your parents as hypocrites on the subject when arguing with your mother leads to you exclaiming, "if it's useless skin how about we go to the hospital right now and you get your clitoral hood removed because its the anatomical mirror"and a dumbfounded look in return. The problem is, when you're older you don't give younger people the same humanity as yourself. You don't recognize that they will be on the same plain as you in 20+ years. Not to mention literally all American media on the subject is procircumcision even if its just some dressed up bird saying she likes the look better but if you even mention its illegal to cut a girl but praised to cut boys you're the bad guy because you didn't bow down to the alter of FGM.

I digress, you will have moments on this journey where conversation is inevitable. Your friends will ask if they see a device. Your significant other will notice the change. Hell if you get nervous at the doctor you may even get spontaneous coverage and be asked about it, albeit you'd have to have gone to the same one since childhood like me. All I can tell you is keep moving forward. even if you can just wear a device for an hour or can only do manual tugs for 5 minutes in your bed. You're in the train station, you've bought the ticket and the train is leaving. Are you going to get on?
          Last edited by Fishkeeper; 06-15-2017, 10:29 AM. Reason: Word choice/grammar to stroke Info's insatiable ego
          Currently on the cusp of being completely confident in claiming c4 and will begin dating my progress here whence accomplished.

Comment

As I understand it, cross taping is primarily used as a method of retaining, just like the YourSkin cone.
            Because restoration is such a private, sensitive thing, there is no data regarding how many men out there are doing it, or have done it. So, it's impossible to say how many people your age are doing it.
            I do know that this forum has guys of all ages on it, so that probably indicates the ages of the FR participants as a whole...to some degree.

There are a lot of different ways to restore, so figuring out which one appeals to you most is probably where to start. From what I've seen on this forum, using manual methods or a device like the TLC-X or DTR is the most common way to go about it. Hit up google, and learn as much as you can about the various methods. This forum also has a lot of useful information.
            I've only started restoring pretty recently, but feel free to PM me if I can do anything to help.

Best of luck getting started.

Comment

Just for the record, and because restoration is learning about a buncha junk:

1. The word is "glans". Not gland, not glands.

2. The word "glans" is singular. When someone says "my glans" he is referring to one thing, that knob on the end of his dick. So you don't say "my glans are" unless you have two or more knobs on your dick-end. You say "my glans is". A common sentence would be: "Yes Sir, that is my glans in your daughter's ear".

3. Just because the word ends in an 's' doesn't mean it's plural. So you shouldn't treat it as plural in your sentence (unless you have two or more..blah blah blah).

There: I think I've said it enough ways to get the message across.

Comment

Oh, and once you are restored? You won't need a cone, or anything else as a "retainer". That's a total crocka-dooky.

1. The word "restored" means you have enough skin to stay forward on its own. Even in a strong wind.

2. The thin layer of smooth muscle under your shaft skin will contract, which narrows the end of the temporary skin tube, which helps keep that tube forward. I suppose you could also throw in the fact that any mucosa you have will start to at least get sticky, likely wet (with long-term coverage), and that adds (minimally) to the "forward" thing via surface tension.

3. That would be surface tension (not tugging tension) on your glans as well as any mucosa in your sulcus (only one of those, too), proximally to your scar line.

See? Learning a buncha junk.

Comment

Working...
                X