Am I stretching or growing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I stretching or growing?

Great forum, guys. I'm learning a LOT from those of you who have been dealing with this longer than I have, and have done a lot more research than I have. Thanks so much for all your comments and posts!! I have been restoring for about 4 years now. I use the DTR and wear it most all day every day...usually 8-10 hours. I wear it as tight as I can without pain and it's usually pretty tight. I have a small amount of scar tissue immediately behind the corona of my glans on the top of my penis. When I remove the DTR in the evening...and for most of the rest of the evening...I have a lot of coverage. Not sure about the "C-scale" but probably 3/4 of my glans is covered. By the next morning though, its pretty much all pulled back behind the glans and doesn't look too different than when I first started the process. I feel there was a good bit of progress from the time I started till about a year ago. For one thing, I now have enough skin to use the "glide method" when I masturbate. However, I don't seem to be making any additional progress. A couple of questions:

1. Is there an optimum amount of tension to use that promotes growth as opposed to simply stretching the skin?
    2. Is it possible that the small amount of scar tissue on the top of my penis is preventing further growth?

Again, thanks for your comments and insight.

The "optimum" is different for everyman because everyman has his own unique genetic lineage. There are some men that only take 2 years to go from a low to a high C#, others it takes a decade. Do you have a photo journal? I'd recommend having a monthly routine in the sense that on every calendar month, so like July 7th for example, you get out of the shower/bath, dry off, stand for 2-5 minutes then take a front and side view image of your progress. Obviously you can only attempt to standardize the geometry of your penis month to month but keeping a photo diary will allow you to see how you're doing. From what you have described it likens me to believe you are somewhere between a C3 and C4. This is the literal "hurdle" of this process and you're going to have to gain a lot of slack skin for the entropy of it all to overcome your corona. Especially if your glans flair out at the base or the glans is quite larger than the shaft. I'm about 2.5months into my DTR use and I just changed my routine yesterday. I am now incorporating the metal screw to maintain tension and altering it when the skin picks up slack from stretching out over time. I am creating a cycle by reintroducing tension events. This way of doing it has allowed me to place my circ scar within the tube of skin being tensioned and thus grow inner and outer skin overtime and hopefully "destroying the scar line" allowing it to fade overtime as the trend in this community. Previously I had been focusing on inner skin so heavily that my DTR gripper had inner skin within it and my circ scar was outside the device. I was left with what I assume the vast majority of my frenulum and by focusing directly on the inner skin right before my glans I have jimmy rigged my frenulum remnant to act like it should to an extent, I'll never get what it should be obviously. Nevertheless I seem to be rounding the corner on C4 more everyday with only inner skin as my circ scar is still high, which I am working to bring down by tensioning my outer skin. As a matter of fact a majority of us will have to grow more outer than inner depending on our preference of course but I plan on attaining a C9. If you have heard of Andre's method, which is manual tension, grabbing the scarline in the front, side then back and extending as far as comfort allows for 20 seconds each twice every waking hour you will be aware that tension cycles seems to be producing the best results throughout this community. Having a lackadaisical routine in which you apply a device at low tension then forget about it until you have to pee again leads one to a decade long process. When you say scar tissue on the dorsal side of your penis I am going to assume you mean from your cut. Scar tissue can stretch, if you pay close attention to some progress galleries or read other's anecdotes you will notice their circ line fades over time as it is under tension. IF the scar is from your circ I would recommend you focus on tugging the inner skin in front of it and work to make it so your scar line will eventually be at the tip of your restored foreskin or just within the pucker.
    Last edited by Into The North; 07-06-2017, 06:38 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Thanks so much for all the info. Very helpful! As to the scar, it is literally a white scar that has to be the result of the tugging. It is a hardened "knot" (very small but pronounced) right at the place on my penis where the corona begins. There is then a very thin line of white scar tissue (I'm assuming that's what it is) that extends from this along the top of my penis to almost where my circumcision scar it. At the end of the day, if I have any discomfort from stretching at all, it's at this particular place. It doesn't really bother me, but I'm hoping that it isn't prevent further progress. I don't know if this kind of thing will stretch itself over time, or if it has ground the process to a halt.

Comment

Ah. It might be collateral damage from your circ that was brought to light from tugging, meaning you agitated it more and thus produced what you see now. If you are able to tug I say keep on keeping on and it will most likely remain a part of your inner skin but in the end it shouldn't be so detrimental that the entire process wasn't worth it. It will fade overtime and at the end result will most likely soften due to the environment it will be within. KOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

1. Is there an optimum amount of tension to use that promotes growth as opposed to simply stretching the skin?
          2. Is it possible that the small amount of scar tissue on the top of my penis is preventing further growth?

Again, thanks for your comments and insight.
          1. Nobody "stretches" skin permanently. Skin only stretches temporarily, or it rips. No in between. Cycles of tension on skin stimulates it to add a few additional skin cells per cycle. Skin is programmed to do that. Do that over time and you begin to see a little growth in the form of small wrinkles. Nobody has ever "stretched" skin. Any additional skin, obesity, pregnancy, etc, is additional skin which was stimulated to grow by cycles of tension. So don't worry, #1 is a non-issue.

2. Any scar tissue which is cyclically worked by tension will eventually reduce a bit. This depends on how much tension it "sees". Typically a circ scar fades over time. This is a result of tension "working" it, causing the definition between actual skin and scar tissue to "blend" as it were. Remember, you are growing additional skin cells, so they have a tendency to infiltrate that area at the scar line, if that area sees tension on a regular basis. This commonly happens, at least to some degree, for less pronounced scars.

If you are referring to a scar separate from your circ scar, or if it is part of your circ scar but doesn't see as much tension as your skin does (for whatever reason), then it may not fade, but it will never stops the built-in response of skin to be stimulated by cycles of tension. Skin will grow, guaranteed.

If you have a tendency to grow keloids, then all bets are off. You have to be very careful about the amount of tension you use, and for safety, you might want to run your restoration efforts past a physician to see if you in fact have that tendency.
          Last edited by Reality; 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X