Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been at it for 5+ yrs?

Hey guys,
    I been restoring constantly for a little over 5yrs now. My problem is that I'm not close to where I was expecting to be at this point. I figured I'd have reliable partial coverage by now, but it hasn't happened yet. I have a lot of skin bunched up behind my glans that just won't push over.
    Where are you 5+ year guys at with your progress? Anyone having a similar issue?

Thanks

I've been around the community for around six years but I didn't begin restoring until early in the year and didn't start actually keeping track until about three months back. What's your routine, diet, and overall health? Did you start at less than a Ci1? I can't imagine what that slow of progress has done to your psyche. I just made the decision to make this a part of my life for the foreseeable future due to its ease of use so to speak. My goal is to reach at least Ci9 when I can claim 5 years of restoring such as yourself. I started with a lot of inner slack, I work out everyday, I avoid food additives and I have a ton of protein in my overall diet. I also drink A LOT of water and I am young so that can only help. I guess I, we, would need more information to logically explain this situation. Best regards if I don't hear back from you! KOT

Comment

Hey, Into The North
      Thanks for the reply! As far as my psyche goes, I'm not a basket case or anything lol. It does get to me from time to time though. I made good progress in the first few years of restoring. Over the years I've used many different methods and devices. Currently I'm using the CAT IIQ for tugging, the HOPE for inflation and retaining, and a baby bottle nipel retainer for skin on skin retaining. I was using the CAT IIQ for bi-directional tugging for a while. After some time I realized I had grown more inner skin than outer, so I started tugging with the leg strap.
      Last edited by Jeffbhodapp; 07-08-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Five years would be way above the average (if there was an average) if it brought you flaccid coverage, so no worries, just hammer away at it. No other way to get what you want. It was 9 years plus, for me. And the guys here who I trust have done similar stretches (), or a bit more. 10 plus, at least, in reaching their goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
          Five years would be way above the average (if there was an average) if it brought you flaccid coverage, so no worries, just hammer away at it. No other way to get what you want. It was 9 years plus, for me. And the guys here who I trust have done similar stretches (), or a bit more. 10 plus, at least, in reaching their goal.
          Thanks, Info
          That makes me feel a lot better.
          I've been having doubts lately, and you've restored 😁 my hope!

Comment

14 years, but had not much skin left to start with and had a lot of no tugging holidays, but it is worth it !

Comment

Originally posted by OzVic View Post
              14 years, but had not much skin left to start with and had a lot of no tugging holidays, but it is worth it !
              Thanks for sharing!
              So far it has been worth the effort. I was feeling like my progress stopped. Kind of like that was it for me. It's good to know that I'm not off track.

Comment

I just had my 5 yr anniversary with this in june. Started at a stupid tight CI 1and am now STILL in the hump stage. I do notice some gains every couple of weeks, but still no reliable rollover.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                  I just had my 5 yr anniversary with this in june. Started at a stupid tight CI 1and am now STILL in the hump stage. I do notice some gains every couple of weeks, but still no reliable rollover.
                  Thanks, Parsecskin
                  It seems like I'm in good company!
                  How're you feeling about your progress so far?

Comment

I have been at it for 16 years now, rounded to years. I take time off each year, so an argument could be made for 12 years. I started with almost no inner skin, and no movement when hard. I now am mostly covered, working toward full coverage and some overhang, with inner skin on the inside and outer skin on the outside.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffbhodapp View Post
                      Thanks, Parsecskin
                      It seems like I'm in good company!
                      How're you feeling about your progress so far?
                      Some of my process was hindered to let minor injuries completely heal before resuming device use. During those periods I continued to use manual # 2 working on outer skin, which is what most guys need more of anyway. It's so easy to over do tension, particularly with the inner mucosa. It's pretty delicate. The thing with this, though, is that your growth increases as you gain skin. Thats why the beginning seems so slow. We all want faster progress, but your skin is going to do its own thing. Best thing is consistency. Keep at it. You'll get there. Remember we're re growing 15-20 square inches of skin. That's a lot and it takes time.

Comment

I'm 2 1/2 years in and noticed increased momentum over time, as Parcskin points out the cells seem to compound so gains may amplify. No race, brah. Just keep it in your regimen as lifestyle permits. Take a break if it tears. Change up methods. Don't look down and expect visible progress. But, occasionally think back to where you started. You'll realize it is working. Our timelines are wildly different based on observing this forum. I don't do a photo record as some do. Occasionally I marvel that stuff is progressing though. Feeling wise too, sexually. I recently told a new girlfriend about it and showed full disclosure including demonstrating my manual and DTR. She was supportive (and a little like "huh, wah ?"); though I felt a bit vulnerable sharing this private secret. We talked about the meaning of her having circ'd her son. She was compassionate and open minded; perhaps I detected a little regret on her part, but I didn't try to make her feel bad as an uniformed parent. Just do what you do. Eventually cells divide and skin expands, rate is irrelevant. Others' opinions have no bearing. It's your body. Best of luck, and sustaining.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                          All of your posts have renewed my motivation. I've changed up my method/ routine, and have noticed some change. Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Yup I thought I'd be done 3 years ago. Takes MUCH longer than I'd thought, but to be fair I haven't been consistent. It's so damn hard to wear the devices they require so much maintenance and attention. but I'm trying my best.

I also injured myself a few times and had nasty recurring prostate infections. Not fun at all. Slow and steady wins the race.
                            Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

Almost 20 years since I started. The effort has not been consistent however. Started with a typical tight cut, now, generally covered when flaccid. Wanting more overhang and coverage when erect, just because. When I see those in videos, it just looks so right, the way I should have been.

Think tortoise, not hare, as you progress through your restoration journey. Your body would have taken about 15 years to get to full adult coverage anyway, even if you weren't cut as an infant.
                              You're undoing the results of that cut, as well as redoing what nature would have done.

If you're at the point of skin bunching up behind the glans, it means your efforts are having an effect. Be warned, getting past that takes a while just to get over the hump of the corona of the glans. Once it starts going over, you really feel like it's working.

Comment

Working...
                              X