No pain, no gain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pain, no gain?

Hello. I've been restoring for three days. With a tugging method. wear it for 5-6 hours per day depends on my job. I wonder if it doesn't get a bit pain while restoring it means good thing, right? Sorry for short write in thread but I'd like to know how to use it safety that's all

You derive no benefit from continued tugging when pain sets in. In fact, it's counterproductive.

As a rule, pain is accompanied by the release of inflammatory mediators by the cells. This causes swelling, and eventually leads to callusing within the tissue. Swelling and callusing are the enemies of restoration progress.

If you are using a cone-shaped device, like the TLC tugger, the onset of pain after a number of hours of wear means the blood circulation is being restricted by being between the two cones. Stasis and oxygen deprivation are bad for restoration progress, so remove your tugger. Massaging the tissue will help restore blood flow.

So don't figure yourself a hero by tugging through pain. You're actually slowing your progress by doing so.

On the other had, we know from the scientific literature that cyclic stretching of a tissue results in the cells releasing anti-inflammatory mediators and growth factors into the vicinity. This occurs over a wide range of frequencies, from cycles measured in microseconds to full seconds. However, the production of a practical motorized cyclic stretching restoration device is something that has never been achieved. Vibrations produced by fresh resilient elastic with each stride you take when you walk can perform the same cyclic stretching function, and for us, is a practical technology. (These vibrations are often imperceptible to the restorer.) I've long been an advocate of using rubber band inserts in one's tugging train. The rubber bands can be replaced often (I replaced mine every three days.) so you are always tugging with fresh resilient rubber.

David
    World As Monkey Island
    I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

I don't what to say .

Well, I do: as Monk says, pain is just pain, it doesn't mean anything other than your body is telling you something, telling you to take notice and stop what you're doing. That is what pain is there for, to say "STOP!". Nobody has to experience pain with tugging. Pain does not mean you are doing it "right". Pain means you are close to doing it wrong. So listen to your body, ease off on the tension or the cycles, rest, start again later.

Everything else said here is ... uh.....bizarre nonsense. But luckily it didn't address the question in any sort of way, so it can be ignored. As it should be.

Comment

Yeah pain is the indicator. A little mild soreness (like an extremely mild sunburn) at the end of the day is ok as long as it's gone by morning. If its not, youre tugging too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
          Yeah pain is the indicator. A little mild soreness (like an extremely mild sunburn) at the end of the day is ok as long as it's gone by morning. If its not, youre tugging too hard.
          Well said, parsecskin.

Those who use manual methods say that progress is fastest when they feel a little soreness deep within their foreskins at the end of their manual tugging sessions, just like the bodybuilders like to feel soreness in their muscles after a workout.

I was a T-taper, and like I've said before, progress was fastest for me when I was being a little reckless.

However, if you even suspect you are experiencing discomfort because the circulation is being cut off, it is time to STOP and give things a rest. The last thing you want to do when tugging is cut the circulation off.

I like the bodybuilders' saying, "No pain, no gain."
          But the bodybuilders, themselves, will tell you the phrase comes with a proviso.....and that proviso is that the pain should not be the kind of frank pain that indicates that serious damage is being done.
          I think "No pain, no gain." DOES apply to our restoring efforts too.

Putting on my device every day for years was a pain, whiteout which there was no gain.
          But I kept to the discipline, and now have a beautiful natural foreskin as a result.
          KOT, guys!

David
          World As Monkey Island

Last edited by Science Monk; 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM. Reason: usage
          I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
          I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

I know that TLC Tugger-users use the 4-hour rule to fine tune their tugging sessions.

Since I've never used the TLC Tugger (I finished my restoration before it came on the market.), I think it my be more appropriate for someone else to direct the original poster to this topic toward its use.

Will a TLC Tugger-user please chime in?

David
            World As Monkey Island

Comment

Pain:

1. It's subjective. One person's "pain" isn't another's pain. So right off, we aren't necessarily on the same page. To use the word as though it is the same for everyone is concerning, and potentially harmful. Here's why:

2. Some people can't feel pain, or can't feel pain until there is significant tissue damage. There are a number of conditions out there, one of them might be undiagnosed in a member. So ... caution. Not conversation for the sake of conversation, but caution. Sounds reasonable, right? How ya gonna know who you're talking to? Don't you want to keep 'em safe? Only general information will do that.

3. To go ahead and characterize "acceptable" "pain" as "deep" is downright dangerous. Ignorant to characterize it as "pain", and as acceptable, and dangerous to follow.

4. To imply that there is a overlap between body building and skin expansion is also ignorant; ignorant of the two physiological processes. Body builders in fact damage their tissue. They cause micro tears in their muscle tissue. The muscle tissue repairs itself by growing a bit more tissue.

So do I need to say it? WE DON'T; WE DON'T WANT TO CAUSE TEARS IN OUR TISSUE. That isn't how skin expansion works. So should we try to follow anything, anything at all, that they do, feel, experience, etc? The idiot phrase, long since thrown out BY BODY BUILDERS THEMSELVES, "no pain, no gain" has NOTHING AT ALL to do with skin expansion the way we do it, the way we should do it.

5. But here's the real thing in this thread: There should be no pain AS A TECHNIQUE, AS AN END GOAL, OR AS AN INDICATOR OF "THE RIGHT WAY". That was the OP's question. Two of us replied with that in mind. Apparently this sailed right over the third guy's head. Not unusual.

So: take the "advice" on this forum with a grain of salt. THINK about what is being said. Does it match with the question? Is the term being used appropriately?. Is there any term description at all? No restorer should feel any pain. Period. Discomfort you will feel (jeeze you got me talkin' like Yoda). Discomfort isn't pain; two different words, spelled differently, with different meanings. AND IF YOU FEEL ONGOING DISCOMFORT, THAT'S JUST AS CONCERNING.

So look at the individual posts, see how the word "pain" is being used. Is discomfort the word evading this guy? Or is he talking about actual pain? Protect yourself. The ignorant abound, especially on restoration forums, and your penis is made of delicate tissues..
              Last edited by Info; 07-17-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

When I first started restoring, there was a bit of an adjustment period during the first week. It sounds weird to say it this way, but it was like the skin had to get used to being stretched. Considering you're only 3 days in, I'd suggest taking it a bit slower. Using the gym analogy again, you wouldn't try to start by curling 60 lbs dumbells on your first day in the gym...you build up to it.
                So, reduce the intensity of your tugging routine, and slowly try adding it back in over the next week. If you cut back on the tension/time, and still get pain, then it is likely from poor circulation, like science monk said. Just take your device off for like 20 mins, let everything relax, and the pain should subside enough to allow you to try continuing.

Comment

LOL

Sailed over two heads at this point (can no one read a simple question?). Still not unusual, considering the heads.

Comment

I am not consider myself a hero by doing it reckless. I simply asked and you corrected me. That's all. Thank you for informations as I exactly needed. Have a good day/night.

Comment

Working...
                    X