Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone regret restoration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by KragDragon View Post
    People always want to cut every unnecessary piece off of men. Hair, beard, foreskin, fingernails... cut it all back to the nub. It's become an obsession of mine to have all of those things, because it's a symbol of freedom to me. A peaceful act of defiance against everyone who thinks men need to be stripped down to the bare essentials for utilitarian purposes.
    I only keep my nails trimmed because I can't stand having dirt under them, and I'd have a beard if I wasn't beginning to go gray only at 20 :/ (I have gray stubble when I don't shave for a few days.) I'd also let my hair grow long if I wasn't curly, lol. I keep it longer on top and short on the back/sides, cause I like to comb it back. I'm surprised it's not starting to curl again, since it's been awhile since my last haircut.

    Comment


    • #32
      I've already mentionned what I believe to be the risks of pulling on your penis, there can also be a strong smell.
      One thing that people should be told is that we still live in a world where people can be rejected because they're intact or restored. So you have to accept the idea that you might miss an opportunity with a guy/girl because of the look/smell of your restored penis. What I hate about this idea is that in the end, this would be once again a negative consequence of circumcision and circumcision culture.
      People should be aware of that "butterfly effect" because it can be horrible to accept.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Janno View Post
        I've already mentionned what I believe to be the risks of pulling on your penis, there can also be a strong smell.
        One thing that people should be told is that we still live in a world where people can be rejected because they're intact or restored. So you have to accept the idea that you might miss an opportunity with a guy/girl because of the look/smell of your restored penis. What I hate about this idea is that in the end, this would be once again a negative consequence of circumcision and circumcision culture.
        People should be aware of that "butterfly effect" because it can be horrible to accept.
        My thoughts on people who'd reject me over my foreskin are the same as people who'd reject me because I'm too skinny/ugly/unfashionable/etc: I don't want people like them in my life, so if my looks chase them away, all the better.

        Comment


        • #34
          A "strong smell" can be a relationship deal-breaker if you don't do anything about it. But you can wash. On the spot, so those smell-squeamish folks can't object. That will take care of it for a time.

          And apropos of that, I have to say, this issue has been on restoration forums for many years, so the thing that comes to mind for me is how unobservant, or uninterested, and most likely, inexperienced, the "it's my smell and I want it", or, " I don't want it" crowd would have to be, when IF they've ever had a sexual partner (gotta say, doubtful), then what the hell do you think she (hetero, here) is doing when she used the bathroom before sex? This is such a common event in sex, you can't miss it, so it makes me laugh.

          Comment


          • #35
            I have now sufficient foreskin to cover my gland in a non erectile state. For the past four days, I have used a 1 3/16" O-ring which suffice in retaining gland coverage. I wear it 24/7. I now noticed a smell. I simply use water to wash my gland daily. It works well. Smell solved. This on going discussion whether to use water or soap is a mute issue if water solves the problem. If water does not and soap does, than let each to his own use the best method. Problem solved.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Reality View Post
              A "strong smell" can be a relationship deal-breaker if you don't do anything about it. But you can wash.
              Yeah, that, and also - people you don't know well enough to have a comfort about how they'll deal with your aroma are the same people with whom you should be gloved up. What are they smelling through latex or polyurethane?
              -Ron Low
              Service@TLCTugger.com
              847 414-1692 Chicago

              Comment


              • #37
                This smell argument is so bad. A smelly person will have generally poor hygiene all round, not just penile hygiene. A clean person will smell normal and even pleasant.
                Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

                Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

                See my progress gallery

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by admin View Post
                  Yeah, that, and also - people you don't know well enough to have a comfort about how they'll deal with your aroma are the same people with whom you should be gloved up. What are they smelling through latex or polyurethane?
                  It's a good point. For a partner who is an ongoing intimate, if you think you detect an odor from this area on your body, talk about it. Make sure it's not an issue that she or he hasn't wanted to discuss thus far. Then wash, if the answer is "yes".

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    No regrets here! my wife says that at it's smelliest, my fauxskin so far smells like "clean vag" in her words. :P

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      You know, I never could understand this obsession with "the evil dirty smelly foreskin". Like gdom said, a smelly person has overall hygiene issues. Also, your mouth gets way grosser if you don't brush your teeth for ONE DAY than your intact dick ever would. When was the last time you shoved a meatball sub from Subway in your dick? Lol.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Truth be told, you can easily have a smelly dick and still be clean elsewhere. Everybody here knows that during, and certainly at the end of, any tugging day, you can have a "trapped" odor from a device and/or retainer. These items trap sweat, urine, and enough resident bacteria to cause a smell. This isn't a reflection on general hygiene, just the effect of those trapping items. Wash them, wash your dick. Simple enough.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Reality View Post
                          These items trap sweat, urine, and enough resident bacteria to cause a smell.
                          The only time I have a noticeable smell is if I've had any kind of sex and then wear my skin over the glans before having a proper shower. Even if I'd carefully used a wash cloth, the smell after a few hours is not a delight.
                          -Ron Low
                          Service@TLCTugger.com
                          847 414-1692 Chicago

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think the only way you could regret restoration is if you got balanitis or cancer in the restored skin, even though the chances are very slim that would still suck!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X