Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've discovered the BEST tape ever for restoring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've discovered the BEST tape ever for restoring.

Hey everyone, so I've gone back to canister tugging and when I'm not doing that I'm o-ring cross taping. I find mefix tape too hard to remove and a bit uncomfortable so I started looking for a solution.

This new Nexcare "sensitive skin pain-free removal version" is amazing tape not only is MUCH more comfortable than mefix, but you can reapply it several times which is perfect for retaining and checking on things..

I don't think it's strong enough for t-taping but I tell you after a day with this it's heaven compared to the old mefix method.

Try it out.

PS: I made my own "canister" with a pill bottle, drill, 200 grit sandpaper, and a binder clip. Took 15 minutes. If you are waiting to restore and don't have the $$ there's no excuse!
    Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Great post, so true regarding canister tugging, and it takes me back to my past days. For me, part of the self-reliance involved in tugging came from working with, and refining, a canister device.

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post
      Great post, so true regarding canister tugging, and it takes me back to my past days. For me, part of the self-reliance involved in tugging came from working with, and refining, a canister device.
      What did you make your canister out of? What CI are you at now? How long did you wear the canister for?

See my progress gallery

Comment

I made it from a pill vial (the amber colored type). Those suckers are sturdy. I used one that had held pain medication from an old injury. I did what you've probably done: opened the closed end, bored two holes on one end for the binder clip "fingers", sanded the other end so tape adhesive would fill the rough area and cling better. I used plain old paper tape that you can get in most grocery stores ("first aid" section). Your find sounds great, though. With paper tape I had only a few slip-offs in the 3 to 4 years I used a canister (I went to manual after that).

I'm not a CI per se, I just went on tugging until I got every-day reliable flaccid coverage, with a bit more beyond that. I used eye measurement only. I figured I either had what I wanted as a goal, or I didn't, in which case......keep on tuggin'.

When I wore the canister, I found that it still left a tube shape under some trousers, so I cut the canister down to a very short length, something like an inch (and a few tenths over that), which left almost no profile at all. This was only a concern because I was acting in a professional role at that point, and the office politics were brutal; didn't want to give somebody the ammunition.

I did the eight hours (plus) of work with it on (with occasional adjusting in the rest room), and then after work I used it as a device for manual. I pulled on the binder clip with my fingers, circled the stretched out "tube" with fingers of the other hand in the "okay" sign. That's why I eventually moved to manual (still used the canister as a manual aid, from time to time).

Comment

So do you consider yourself "restored"?

See my progress gallery

Comment

Yep. I don't have all the old inner skin some guys say they want, but then I started with enough (for me anyhow), and I started with a fairly loose cut. I eventually got a significant increase in sensation in old inner foreskin, and also some increase in glans sensation (not a lot, but some). I have a "wet" glans, and it's "wet" under the tube. And that tube stays there, day in, day out, until I roll it back (to.....gasp.......wash my penis : )). It is also a "tapered" tube. Did this on its own, as it will for everybody else.

I think it's totally ok to have your own definition of "restored", beyond the very basics at least, and even then, if a guy is happy, then that's all he needs, so everybody else should be happy for him.

Comment

Yep. I don't have all the old inner skin some guys say they want, but then I started with enough (for me anyhow), and I started with a fairly loose cut. I eventually got a significant increase in sensation in old inner foreskin, and also some increase in glans sensation (not a lot, but some). I have a "wet" glans, and it's "wet" under the tube. And that tube stays there, day in, day out, until I roll it back (to.....gasp.......wash my penis : )).

I think it's totally ok to have your own definition of "restored", beyond the very basics at least, and even then, if a guy is happy, then that's all he needs, so everybody else should be happy for him.
              Is there a reason you haven't shared any pictures here? I'd be interested to see your progress.

See my progress gallery

Comment

Not my thing, generally speaking. I personally don't have much faith in photographic evidence, not in the photoshop age, but more important to me, I'm still working in a professional capacity, so internet photos, even behind a screen name, is no protection (the IT guys here are good, so figuring out who's who is no challenge for them). I was "outed" in a temporary work position a few years back, and that was with no photo evidence at all (it might've been because I'm using Distalero's old work laptop part of the time). So......nope, not gonna add to the possible ammunition.

And really, what you see with your own eyes is what counts. Anyone who's got to their goal, and has gone down the usual road to get there, will speak with authority; it will shine through how they phrase things. If somebody doesn't believe me (I remember that Distalero got called on it, a couple of times), that's ok, as long as they tug and get their own resutls. Then eventually they will see that I spoke from the truth of the restoration situation.

Comment

I find this really strange. What do you do that people are so actively trying to slander you? And furthermore, how is a personal and intimate health concern any of their business? Very odd.

See my progress gallery

Comment

"Odd"? Sadly it's not odd to see this comment. Office politics, as I've said. It's been obvious to me that some (most) members on this forum have no idea what goes on in the professional world in general, let alone the professional word of health care. Most members are clueless about the conduct needed in the real world. Sounds like you are too? I'm not a kid surfing the web on his own computer, with impunity.

IT does regular checks into the use of office to office interaction, and especially into internet vs intranet use. So think about it. There is no "personal and intimate" use of the internet in an office building or a facility, nor with the technology that connects to it. That's a fact of life where I work. I had a "conversation" with a supervisor some time ago about "foreskin restoration" because of a comment IT made. This was when I lurked on the old forum. It became a teaching moment, luckily, but it could've become something else, which was the underlying message I walked away with. You want pictures of dicks, you'll have to rely on any you find here, or somewhere else, but that won't include me.

What I've just described is a piece of the real world. Anyone who lives in it, will immediately recognize it. Will the clueless? Will it matter if they don't?

Regarding information based directly or indirectly on skin expansion, or information I've been taught in university, practice, and continuing education about human anatomy or physiology, all of it can be checked and verified online. Like Distalero, I encourage people to do just that; it will be another kind of teaching moment. Restoration needs fewer clueless people. I owe professionalism to the people I come in contact with professionally, but I don't owe anything to anyone here, other than the truth as I've learned it in theory, or as it's happened to me, and that's out of personal ethics. This puts me in a minority, as it happens. Anything I say about my tugging history, you'll just have to believe, sans photos. Or not. Your choice.

Comment

"Odd"? Sadly it's not odd to see this comment. Office politics, as I've said. It's been obvious to me that some (most) members on this forum have no idea what goes on in the professional world in general, let alone the professional word of health care. Most members are clueless about the conduct needed in the real world. Sounds like you are too? I'm not a kid surfing the web on his own computer, with impunity.

IT does regular checks into the use of office to office interaction, and especially into internet vs intranet use. So think about it. There is no "personal and intimate" use of the internet in an office building or a facility, nor with the technology that connects to it. That's a fact of life where I work. I had a "conversation" with a supervisor some time ago about "foreskin restoration" because of a comment IT made. This was when I lurked on the old forum. It became a teaching moment, luckily, but it could've become something else, which was the underlying message I walked away with. You want pictures of dicks, you'll have to rely on any you find here, or somewhere else, but that won't include me.

What I've just described is a piece of the real world. Anyone who lives in it, will immediately recognize it. Will the clueless? Will it matter if they don't?

Regarding information based directly or indirectly on skin expansion, or information I've been taught in university, practice, and continuing education about human anatomy or physiology, all of it can be checked and verified online. Like Distalero, I encourage people to do just that; it will be another kind of teaching moment. Restoration needs fewer clueless people. I owe professionalism to the people I come in contact with professionally, but I don't owe anything to anyone here, other than the truth as I've learned it in theory, or as it's happened to me, and that's out of personal ethics. This puts me in a minority, as it happens. Anything I say about my tugging history, you'll just have to believe, sans photos. Or not. Your choice.
                      I'm a 30 year old man with a professional career, Info. Why are you acting all "holier than thou" and insulting me? Not my fault you work with assholes *not* everyone is like that.

See my progress gallery

Comment

Ps: OF COURSE you shouldn't use this website at work (or any other personal site for that matter)...

See my progress gallery

Comment

Not trying to insult you (believe me, this is the usual language where I work), just speaking plainly, and covering all bases. The trigger for me was the word "odd". Egos, most of them huge, some of them quite fragile, are rampant in my workplace, because the stakes are high. Everyone has a level of anxiety, to be frank. So the use of language, down to individual words used, is always under the microscope. Believe me, I have stories.

You can't judge other situations by using yours as the guideline, and that's something I obviously need to keep in mind as well. So point taken, sir. Even if yours was the standard (and in my experience in several areas, it's not) it wouldn't change my situation. Photos: just not my thing. In part because I'm not publishing, I'm just conversing, but mostly because for me they would be personal and intimate, and I'm pre-social media, so I don't "share" in quite the same way.

Comment

Regarding sharing photos, i think your last point is more to thr point: sharing dick pics online might just not be your thing! Fair enough.

i do it for three reasons: self motivation and documentation of restoration, so that others can see what honest progress looks like and maybe learn or be inspired from it, and lastly and most importantly, so that anyone curious about the harm of circumcision can become more informed and perhaps not cut their son.

if I have saved one future man from the internal struggle and feeling of loss I have suffered due to forced circumcision it's worth all the potential shaming in the world.

See my progress gallery

Comment

I've worked for years giving in-services regarding the cons of RIC, to several different (and generally resistant) disciplines. Belly of the beast. But I have been invited back; a good sign.

Had I used photos of my penis I would've been shown the parking lot within the hour. And for good reason: a photo of my penis would have absolutely nothing to do with the subject. It has to stay professional, ie objective. So my first point is really the strongest for intactivism.

You and I work in two different worlds. Mine, you don't seem to accept. But see? Not "holier", just much closer to ground zero. In a real war.

Comment

Working...
                              X