help save my son's foreskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help save my son's foreskin

My 5 year old son’s foreskin opening has gotten so tight that he has a very difficult time peeing and is only able to get a thin stream. Similar to the smallest pinprick in a water balloon. We saw a urologist a few weeks back, she recommended: steroid cream, release cuts, or full circumcision. She said we could try the the two more minor methods but in my sons case would likely need full circumcision eventually.

We have been using the steroid cream for 3 weeks now and it seems to be getting worse. Today he is only able to get some drops of pee out by using a ‘milking’ action on his ballooning foreskin. I have been restoring my self for 6 years and want to save my sons foreskin more than anything. I need advice because he seems to be at the stage of needing some kind of surgery almost immediately.

Thanks!

See more doctors, not sure if this forum is knowledgeable with children that young - see links in the UK links below.
    Speculation only from forced retraction that shouldn't have been or their are skin conditions causing the ring to tighten.
    Ballooning is normal in ~ 5 years old, but they should be able to pass urine still so yes this is serious in his case.
    For those smug about Circumcised Infants - they get similar meatalstenosis - narrowing of the opening in the glands meatus reducing / preventing urine flow.

I do hope you can find a knowledgeable doctor that can help in the least intrusive manner.

See:
    https://www.baus.org.uk/patients/con...eskin_phimosis

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/phimosi...roduction.aspx

Comment

I was partially circumcised at the age of 4 and a half year and that left me with half to 2/3 of the glans covered after the surgery. I know this urologist has performed similar partial circumcisions on friends, relatives and their children. I've never heard of anyone still getting problems afterwards, so I'd look around for a foreskin friendly urologist that does these partial circumcisions more often. I was always happy that only part was removed, but now I'm also glad that I managed to get to full flaccid coverage, and now working on some overhang. There are some cases of tight foreskins where a (partial) circumcision is nearly unavoidable, but it should only occur in less that 1 in 20 boys. Often this clears up by puberty (stretching due to erections), so if there are no severe issues with ballooning or infections, I'd try the steroid cream first and see where it gets you.

good luck, and feel free to ask if you'd have any more questions...
      There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

There is a device called "Phimocure". It's basically a series of progressively larger rings that are inserted into the opening in conjunction with betamethasone ointment to stretch it out over time. You do need a certain size opening to start with though. If surgery is needed, only remove what is needed to have a functioning and retractable foreskin. DO NOT GO FOR THE FULL CUT! Find another doctor who is foreskin friendly.

Comment

thanks for the advice. partial circumcision is something to keep as a last resort. Glad it left you with no retraction problems and mostly full coverage.

Ive see the skin tunnels like Phimocure and we may be there eventually, but for now can't get anything in there. wondering how to start stretching when it's so tight t start with.

Comment

Personally I don't have any negative feelings towards my parents as circumcision is not really anything common in Belgium. They took an informed decision based on what was known to them. Now I'm just glad that I can restore back to something more natural. In that respect, if a (partial) circumcision would be unavoidable, you shouldn't feel bad about it. If no other way out is left, it's the best option, as years of foreskin troubles could also be cumbersome...
            There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Comment

If you check the starting pictures on my gallery, you can see what things looked like when starting with TLC-X. The results before with O-rings mount up to half a cm to one cm in terms of coverage. I think I "lost" a bit of progress in my penis still growing during the initial years of restoring, but I'm glad with how things move right now.

Just FYI, below some examples on a Belgian website of what I'd call a foreskin friendly urologist.

partial circumcision: http://www.voorhuid.be/besnijdenis/p...e-besnijdenis/

Let me know if you would have any questions, glad if I can be of any help!

Comment

hi sorry im new here but iv'e been kind of a lurker and taking peoples advice on restoring and when i saw this post i felt like i had to try to help in some sort of way. Headgear is it possible that your sons' foreskin is swelling or inflamed? i don't know for sure if this is a possibility because i never had a foreskin but if i ever have a son i would try every possible option to avoid him getting the knife. Anyway though if his skin is swollen maybe you could use a cool wet washcloth to get the swelling down and relax the skin and maybe get it to loosen up enough to urinate and maybe use the phimocure rings mentioned by parecskin, i hope something like that would help and i would look for opinions of other doctors that don't want to cut part of your sons penis off , thats just my 2 cents though. I hope I was of some kind of help to your decision

Comment

No swelling. the tissue looks very healthy other than the scaring at the tip and almost total lack of opening.... ive been doing tons of research. today i found someone that had better progress using 1% steroid cream instead of the 0.1% the Dr gave us. I'll be calling the office tomorrow to see if we can get some. than stretching the best we can.

Comment

Make sure it's betamethasone.

Comment

thats weird it sounds like the tip is trying to re-adhere to itself, which wouldn't be good. Hopefully different steroid cream will work for your son and keep us posted if anything changes please
                      Last edited by resto-mod; 08-16-2017, 12:52 AM. Reason: edited from re-fuse to re-adhere (more correct terminology)

Comment

Why don't you dab a q-tip into coconut oil, and stretch some of skin with the q-tip inserted into the narrow opening for a few minutes? Similar to a foreskin restoration technique. Or something else with a very soft end that can absorb an oil or other moisturizer? If you were able to make a cone with a soft end, that also could help. This guy on YouTube made a cone, attached the come to his faucet, allowed warm wAter to flow from the faucet, through the tube, and into his phimosis foreskin. It was similar to using the inflation method of foreskin restoration. I hope I am not too late to give input. I recommend just telling your son to use foreskin restoration exercises.

5 year olds are more intelligent than you would think.

But, yea, good luck!

Comment

I haven't posted on here in quite awhile, but just saw this thread. Here's a list of foreskin-friendly doctors in the US:
                          https://www.yourwholebaby.org/doctors

Good luck, and please keep us informed of progress.

Comment

Originally posted by headgear View Post
                            My 5 year old son’s foreskin opening has gotten so tight that he has a very difficult time peeing and is only able to get a thin stream. Similar to the smallest pinprick in a water balloon. We saw a urologist a few weeks back, she recommended: steroid cream, release cuts, or full circumcision. She said we could try the the two more minor methods but in my sons case would likely need full circumcision eventually.
                            I heard of another parent, who had a young son who also only had a pinhole stream a urine, and she was instructed to do only watchful waiting. She was told that the pinhole stream was a difficult phase that many small boys go through. Her son's pinhole stream of urine eventually resolved itself.

I don't like how your son's doctor is handling the situation. It sounds like she started out thinking of a full circumcision as a foregone conclusion. I think that you should use that list of intact-friendly physicians above. (The opinion of a second doctor from the same institution, or the same circle of aquatinted doctors in a small town, is NOT a genuine second opinion. In such cases, they often have a "gentlemen's agreement" not to tell on each other. One will lie, and the other will swear to it.)

The CIRP Library's advice on phimosis now takes the position that circumcision is only advised in CERTAIN cases of phimosis complicated by the dreaded condition known as BXO:
                            http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis/
                            There are more conservative options even for BXO.

David
                            World As Monkey Island
                            Last edited by Science Monk; 08-21-2017, 11:51 AM. Reason: typo, clarification of CIRP's position on circ as a treatment for BXO
                            I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
                            I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Originally posted by headgear View Post

We have been using the steroid cream for 3 weeks now and it seems to be getting worse. Today he is only able to get some drops of pee out by using a ‘milking’ action on his ballooning foreskin. I have been restoring my self for 6 years and want to save my sons foreskin more than anything. I need advice because he seems to be at the stage of needing some kind of surgery almost immediately.
                              Tight is the normal natural state of a child's foreskin. The child's own curious manipulations usually make the foreskin comfortably retractable some time around puberty. Unwarranted intervention can cause symptoms like you're describing. Premature forcible foreskin retraction can cause scarring and tightening of the foreskin tip.

Ballooning of the foreskin from constricted urine flow is normal and occurs at some point for nearly all intact boys.

You may still be convinced you need to fix something, although I strongly suggest you seek advice from a doctor who HAS a foreskin. Betamethasone cream is not a fix. It FACILITATES a fix in conjunction with gentle stretching exercises, possibly involving blunt tools which I'm not sure are a good idea for a 5-year to wield.
                              -Ron Low
                              [email protected]
                              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Working...
                              X