Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a detailed, illustrated, step by step RSM guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a detailed, illustrated, step by step RSM guide?

Just wondering how many guys are interested?

As I have posted around and some guys get the gist immediately with little to go on and others appreciate a more in depth, step by step illustrated guide. I say this because I still get a lot of confused questions even with the fairly detailed thread posted below.

This would include:
    Materials needed
    How to make everything step by step (Illustrated)
    Tips/tricks
    How to put the device on step by step (Illustrated & possible video version)
    Heads up section - Possible problems - difficulties - resolutions
    Routine/tension suggestions
    Recommended CI

If enough people are keen I will start putting everything together and if you have any more suggestions that could be included, let me know.

Here are the two most detailed RTM/RSM write ups although they're not step by step guides per se:

https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...etching-method

https://www.reddit.com/r/foreskin_re...taping_method/
    Last edited by Restoration-elz; 08-24-2017, 11:05 PM.

Thanks for the post and the links. I feel like reverse tensioning has bee neglected since the pioneering efforts of Nakemon and Matt. It s a good method that needs to be kept alive and used today. I'm not saying it is the only way or is for all Frs, but those who have had little to no results from other methods might find it of use.

Right now I am using a combination of reverse with KT tape to hold the reverse stretched skin in place for several hour after an hour of manual reverse tugging over different lengths of pipe foam.

Comment

I agree somewhat, I think that comes down to the amount of patience RTM/RSM initially requires to get the knack of it, whereas I and many others are guilty of just wanting to find - buy the holy grail, put it on our male members and wake up one day with an elephant trunk in the easiest and fastest route :-)

There's also the aspect of some folk just not being able to conceptualise how the method even works and some who just don't like it in general, which is fine too, we all have our preferences.

But I think like you say, it's certainly a method people turn to after they achieve little to no results from other methods, including myself! And I've never looked back.

However I will certainly be keeping the method alive and I hope you do too ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Restoration-elz View Post
        There's also the aspect of some folk just not being able to conceptualise how the method even works....
        Just a historical note:

I think a lot of guys don't understand how RTM works, currently or historically. When RTM first hit the old forum it was obvious that nobody really understood what it involved then either, or there would've been more negative comments. Back then the common myth was that you had to pull "forward" to grow new skin successfully. That's not true, of course; in fact nobody totally pulls forward with any method out there, be it manual or device. This myth is rarely mentioned nowadays, so maybe it's mostly forgotten, except for one or two holdouts insisting that this will affect "taper"or cause a "loose sock" tube, which it won't, because it can't. If nothing else, if you do understand what's happening with RTM, this method shows that you are not shaping skin with tension (the old "stretching skin" myth).

Comment

Originally posted by Info View Post

Just a historical note:

I think a lot of guys don't understand how RTM works, currently or historically. When RTM first hit the old forum it was obvious that nobody really understood what it involved then either, or there would've been more negative comments. Back then the common myth was that you had to pull "forward" to grow new skin successfully. That's not true, of course; in fact nobody totally pulls forward with any method out there, be it manual or device. This myth is rarely mentioned nowadays, so maybe it's mostly forgotten, except for one or two holdouts insisting that this will affect "taper"or cause a "loose sock" tube, which it won't, because it can't. If nothing else, if you do understand what's happening with RTM, this method shows that you are not shaping skin with tension (the old "stretching skin" myth).
          Good point! I was actually having this very discussion with another restorer who is still convinced that a cone/taper shape is the result of the "skin shaping myth" propagated and that RTM/RSM somehow would produce a "loose sock tube" as you mentioned. Thanks for your input.

Comment

The initial proposition for this topic would be a great idea. The more RSM/RTM information that is readily available to casual readers (and members) of this board, the better!

Comment

One innovation I have recently been using with my RTM, is rather than using one long pipe foam, I will stack two shorter pipe foams on top of each other foe a longer length.

In all my reading I can't recall hearing of anyone doing this before.

When the pipe foam is as long as the flaccid penis and the diameter fit is snug,it is extremely hard to get the penis through a long foam ring.

But, it is quite easy by stacking two shorter length pipe foams.

Getting a snug diameter is most important in getting max tension when the developing foreskin is pulled backwards over the foam and taped in place.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRifleman View Post
                One innovation I have recently been using with my RTM, is rather than using one long pipe foam, I will stack two shorter pipe foams on top of each other foe a longer length.

In all my reading I can't recall hearing of anyone doing this before.

When the pipe foam is as long as the flaccid penis and the diameter fit is snug,it is extremely hard to get the penis through a long foam ring.

But, it is quite easy by stacking two shorter length pipe foams.

Getting a snug diameter is most important in getting max tension when the developing foreskin is pulled backwards over the foam and taped in place.
                I actually used to do this initially with two wooden curtain rings, then I would tape them together to try and prevent any pinching. Which failed miserably! . (Not sure how they still pinched as the two rings were taped together???) That is how I arrived at the one piece moulded ring which alleviated any pinching.

Although foam probably wouldn't pinch much if at all so it definitely could help, but I'd say maybe your ring/s might be slightly too snug??? As I can pull my penis through with ease (any length) and the ring still remains super snug (as you can see in the photo's). I have a 1mm - 2mm gap between my shaft and the ring.

Interesting idea though that certainly has it's place.

Comment

Working...
                X