Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenulum?

I'm assuming I don't have one, but wanting another's opinion. Thank you

It looks like you have alittle remaining, at least on the top by your glans.

Comment

For sure there’s a little bit of it left...
      My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous27 View Post
        I'm assuming I don't have one, but wanting another's opinion. Thank you
        Yep, you have a remnant of a frenulum. So the question becomes, what is your understanding of a frenulum? In other words, what is your understanding of it's size, shape, and function? Maybe we can help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post

Yep, you have a remnant of a frenulum. So the question becomes, what is your understanding of a frenulum? In other words, what is your understanding of it's size, shape, and function? Maybe we can help with this.
          Yeah, I know nothing about anything you asked. I understand it is used to keep the foreskin tighter when it covers the head, but nothing more than that...

Comment

Yeah, I know nothing about anything you asked. I understand it is used to keep the foreskin tighter when it covers the head, but nothing more than that...
            Nope. The preputial sphincter (natural tapered end) does that. The frenulum is where the ridged band comes together.

Comment

From the standpoint of simple anatomy, a frenulum is where two planes of tissue are joined by a perpendicular piece of tissue; a kind of connecting, structural support between those two planes of tissue, when they are under some physical stress. You have a number of frenulae in and around your body. As an example, take your tongue and run it across your upper front gums, and you'll feel a frenulum between your upper lip and your gum tissue.

Does your penile frenulum (if you are intact) act as a tightener? There's a lot of argument over that, by anatomists who ought to know, but don't so much. In other words, nobody's decided that action actually exists.

Does this frenulum cause the foreskin to return forward? Well, not necessarily. This action hasn't been agreed on, either, by the same guys. On restoration forums, both actions (tightening and "return") are taken as gospel, by guys who only have frenulum remnants. But nobody else does; not the professionals, and not some of the intact guys who show up here, or some intact guys I've talked with.

But ... what your frenulum does have is a more dense distribution of pleasure nerves, so for that reason it's always better if you were left with as much as possible. Beyond that, it apparently doesn't do that much, except act as a kind of connecting link between the area just under your glans, and your inner foreskin surface. In fact, it can get torn in rough sex, if you are intact. There's always a downside to everything.

Here's the good news: in restoration, you work with what you have, and as it turns out, you won't need a frenulum to tighten anything. If you develop enough additional skin by restoring, most of that will be new shaft skin, and as it turns out, your shaft skin has microscopic swirls of smooth muscle fibers, under the shaft skin, which contract, and they will do this at the leading edge of your skin tube, too, so you have tighening action right there in place. You will see a kind of taper at the end if you grow enough skin to rest past the tip of the glans.

This is why we say, just tug and keep at it, and you will see everything you wanted to see (other than your original foreskin).
              Last edited by Reality; 02-12-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the info guys !

Comment

Working...
                X