X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel Magazine 2016 feature on creator of Foreballs Device

https://melmagazine.com/i-grew-back-...o-20693e1c0152

Wayne Griffiths is featured.

The PUD was created by Roland Clark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zS9JT6s7YWc
    -Ron Low
    Service@TLCTugger.com
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Oops sorry, thought it was the same guy!

Comment

As somebody who is as interested in the history of restoration, it irks me to see Griffiths described as the "father" of restoration. Aside from the fact that this practice goes back centuries, as far as any modern practice is considered, he is also hardly the modern "father". There have been several known individuals who came before him, and without a doubt BUFF deserves this title far more than Griffiths does.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
          As somebody who is as interested in the history of restoration, it irks me to see Griffiths described as the "father" of restoration. Aside from the fact that this practice goes back centuries, as far as any modern practice is considered, he is also hardly the modern "father". There have been several known individuals who came before him, and without a doubt BUFF deserves this title far more than Griffiths does.
          It's not about who started the practice.

Wayne was instrumental in spreading the word about restoring to the masses. He was also originally on the BUFF mailing list, along with NORM's other co-founder, Tim Hammond, but their idea of creating a support group turned out to be a good one. Having actual physical advertised meetings opened up an opportunity for public outreach that just didn't exist when it was merely a group of people sending letters back and forth. Others on the list surely agreed; I've met a few BUFF members in the past who were involved in starting the Southern California NORM group.

This guy held together a nationwide network of these groups for over 25 years, and made himself available for interviews on the subject even after everything was available on the internet. I would say that he deserves recognition for that.

Comment

But the "father"? Nope, not hardly (and that site needs an overhaul to bring it up to the actual "modern" day).

History gets blurred pretty quick on the superficial level (popular press and social media), so it takes a malcontent like me to raise his finger (yep, that one) and point this out. Not a huge deal, though, just an "irk", and anyhow ........ my meds are finally kickin' in, so..........

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
              "father"? Nope, not hardly
              It's not like Wayne was anything but modest. He wasn't grabbing for recognition or titles like the "King of Pop" or anything. Hell, the Chicago Tribune once called me the "Savior" of restoring men. I'm glad we don't have to own or take the blame for everything every copy editor wrote.
              -Ron Low
              Service@TLCTugger.com
              847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                It's not like Wayne was anything but modest. He wasn't grabbing for recognition or titles like the "King of Pop" or anything. Hell, the Chicago Tribune once called me the "Savior" of restoring men. I'm glad we don't have to own or take the blame for everything every copy editor wrote.
                One thing I forgot to mention before - writers like to exaggerate. Call it sensationalism, but in this case, overstating any one person's influence does have the effect of making his achievements stand out in the reader's minds. Perhaps more people are likely to remember a "savior" of restoring men than simply a guy who makes devices for people to pull on their dicks.

Last night I saw the film American Circumcision, which has a segment on restoration featuring interviews with both Ron and Wayne, among others. One thing this film doesn't do is make any one person stand out from the rest - in terms of contributions to intactivism, restoration, or anything else. During the Q&A session afterward, the film's composer pointed out that he made an effort to arrange the music in a manner that sounded respectful of anyone being interviewed - each of them had a perspective on the matter that he or she felt was important, and the filmmakers didn't want to minimize that.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                  Haha, point taken, and it's my point every time I throw shade on the popular press. I've found that the history of some event, or in this case a practice, is continually rewritten, through agenda or just plain disinterest, so counterpoint has to go on being re addressed as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X