Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How pliable should your outer skin remain when tugging manually?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How pliable should your outer skin remain when tugging manually?

When I first start a session, my outser skin is like a sheet of relaxed rubber - it flexes and stretches wonderfully. But, immediately after I start messing with it, it contracts like a shrinky-dink and quickly loses this pliability - usually about 15 seconds into a session. It’s as if the skin become scared and responds with a “retraction reflex”.

In and of itself, this would not be a big deal, but I have a spot on the right underside at my circumcision line that can become incredibly painful when conditions of “overstrecth” are met. It’s a neurological pain I’ve had since time immemorial…any time the skin is pushed past its limit. This can be cause by the occasional “more impressive than usual” type of erection when I’m at my physical and psychological best, as well as the gliding action of intercourse when I’m not at my best, and the skin is less pliable (the penis can be a good barometer). Even “rough sex” can cause this pain…essentially any time the skin is asked to stretch a little more than it’s currently willing or able to do. Normal, run-of-the-mill sex and masturbation do not cause any problems - just overstretch. This pain isn’t an abrasion or infection, but a type of nerve pain, that lasts for a few days, and is localized to that one particular spot in my circ line. There is nothing remarkable about the skin at that point (thick scarring, redness, etc.) - just a burning pain in the skin when stressed. Doctors offer a “dunno” response…typical of anything related to circumcision, as if I’m a dolt for suggesting that problems could arise from such a well-established routine medical procedure.

My point is that this “retraction reflex” I speak of is particularly bothersome, because it doesn’t allow a proper stretch to happen, and in turn...cause a flare-up of that nerve due in some way to the tightness. I’m split about 50/50 with inner and outer skin. For this, I am thankful and realize how lucky I am in that regard. But I know that my scrotal skin was asked to do “double duty” because of my very tight circumcision. I know very little about Dartos and Cremaster muscles, but it seems as though this outer skin behaves more like scrotal skin. Perhaps anxiety plays a part, since I'm new to the manual method (have previously used T-tape exclusively). Whatever the case, this “retraction reflex” is hampering my efforts to restore.

So, I’d like to know from fellow penis owners and tuggers, does your outer skin behave this way? If so, do you have any hints as to how you keep your outer skin pliable while tugging? I’m looking for any advice you can give...lotions, medical abstracts or musings, experiences, candles and soft music ...whatever. I'm grateful for anything you can offer!

Hmmm. Mine behaves just the opposite. The outer shaft skin and the scrotum contain a smooth muscle layer, the dartos facia, that reacts to temperature and stress levels. Ever notice when its cold you suffer "major shrinkage" and when its hot your junk hangs really loose? That's why. Don't know why yours is behaving this way, but when doing manual #2, don't tug on your inner skin. Grasp your outer skin just below your scar line. This should alleviate any over stretch on your scar line. When you have grown a lot of outer skin, get a device.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
      Mine behaves just the opposite.
      Yeah, I'm starting to get that feeling…that I'm a bit of an oddball. I've watched a lot of videos on the TLC-X, similar devices and manual methods, and it seems that those guys' skin remains essentially the same between sessions of either tugging or applying the device. Mine runs away from me once I mess with it - even with little or no tension. The first time I try to apply my TLC-X, I can usually get it on just fine. But by the time I go to adjust the skin under the cone, the skins crawls back in defiance and subsequent attempts are a bust.

don't tug on your inner skin. Grasp your outer skin just below your scar line. This should alleviate any over stretch on your scar line. When you have grown a lot of outer skin, get a device.
      I will try this. As obvious as it seems, I haven’t thought to do that. I think I'm instinctively trying to include the scar line in my stretching, so that the tension is further away from the trunk of whichever nerve I'm tweaking. If nothing else, I can fall back on tape only. I've got a few brand new wrinkles for the last month of work, so I know it's working. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Originally posted by Reality
      It seems you are associating skin "pliability" with a history of pain in just one area. I wouldn't be so sure you can do this.
      This is true. I know with certainty that the former begets the latter. But, you're right - they could be unrelated. For all I know, I could be irritating the skin from the callouses I have from years of lifting and exercise. One particular callous falls right at that spot when wanking.

1. As far as the pain goes, you (and your physician(s)) would know more about that than we would. If nothing else, we can't diagnose.
      Neither can my primary care doc. I'm not overly worried about the cause - it's been this way a very long time, but I may still try again to get back to my Neurologist. She fixed an unrelated issue of neurological testicular pain on the opposite side about 10 years ago. She is much more open-minded than he is.

2. As far as how pliable your skin is, it's expected that it stiffens when it's under tension
      No, this is more of a retreat after manipulation not a response during tension. The skin visibly contracts, like a wool turtleneck in a hot dryer - after I release my grip. I have enough skin to do MM #3, but I can only do it once. The presence or absence of any appreciable tension doesn't matter. After I release the skin, it contracts in defiance from being manipulated and there isn't enough slack to grab it in that manner again, so I have to resort to MM #2.

So perhaps this is where anxiety is again playing a part
      Probably very, very true. I know the pain is real, but the skin response may definitely be a learned trait I accrued over the years. That was my reasoning for asking - to compare myself to others and learn a little about myself. For the past 20 years, groin pain in some incarnation or another has just been a part of life, despite being blessed with very good health otherwise. I do, to some degree, subconciously associate non-sexual interaction with my penis with the concept of pain. I restored a decade ago for a time to get relief from an insanely tight circumcision–what I believe is the cause of most of this pain. The first round of restoration took care of some of it, as the skin grew and released some of its tension. Now, I'm hoping to help the remainder. Maybe in the process I'll get to know my junk a little better outside of the context of pain.

Comment

You may think I'm a bit crazy on this one, but try smoking some weed. Seriously. Weed has a way of relaxing the dartos facia muscle considerably, at least for me it does.

Comment

As we talk, it’s dawning on me that it just may take a little getting used to. I mean…this sensation of skin “rolling over itself” is completely foreign to me. I’ve never felt it before in 47 years. Even at my absolute smallest flaccid size, I could never get the skin to roll over the corona, no matter how much I wanted it to. Then, after restoring for a while in my 30’s, I could get it to roll over, but only a few millimeters past the corona.

Now, after the past month of effort, I can get it to roll completely past the tip of the glans, albeit at my smallest size only. Still - a huge advance. And, though it feels wonderful, both when it happens on its own, and when I do it myself…the manual manipulation still makes me think of the kids in grade school who would turn their eyelids insides out to scare all the girls. Part of it, well…gives me the willies.

Don't get me wrong...I love it, it's just...new. With time, I'll get used to it, and learn how it's supposed to work along the way. Also, I'm sure my limited skin, though it feels like a lot to me, isn't really comparable to folks who have restored to a greater degree.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

You may think I'm a bit crazy on this one, but try smoking some weed. Seriously. Weed has a way of relaxing the dartos facia muscle considerably, at least for me it does.
          It's been many years...I'm due!

Comment

I'm not trying to imply I've grown inches of skin. By "huge advance" I mean figuratively, not literally. Rollover only happens on its own (and even then minimally) when I'm sitting, and lean forward, e.g. crunches at the gym, sitting at my desk and reaching for a pen, etc. And, when doing MM #3, I have to compact my junk a few inches inward to get it to roll to the tip the glans. But, no–this action of "rolling" back and forth has never happened for me before. It may have "bunched" to a degree when compacting my junk–but it has never rolled like this. Perhaps the majority of this can be attributed to the skin being more pliable and relaxed from tugging for the past month, but it has grown a little as well.

Whatever the case, the takeaway is that I probably don't have enough skin yet to reliably do MM #3 - it just just feels like a better stretch than MM #2. And safer for me, because I can keep the circ line contained and not irritate that nerve. That is why I am curious how to the outer skin of other guys behave, and if there might be a way to keep it more relaxed when tugging, because when it contracts, MM #3 is no longer possible to do.

Comment

Working...
            X