Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started restoring again and wondering if comfrey root can aid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started restoring again and wondering if comfrey root can aid?

Ive decided to start tugging again after a year off. I got discouraged after years of not much progress. Ive been around long to enough to know that topicals are not going to aid in restoration but Ive recently been looking into comfrey root oil for back pain (it seems to help me somewhat so far!) and have found it was traditionally used to heal fractures and bones and has the common name of knit bone. Whilst looking into this I saw 'allantoin' (which is in comfrey) is able to accelerate cellular 'mitosis...

Which is exactly what we want. I`d love some opinions from the more scientific minded individuals here? Is this only if ingested or?

I know about the possible toxicity but that was based on giving mice huge amounts so not too worried about topical use.

Theres plenty of websites that say it if you give it a google but I havent found a study or anything which is why I thought I`d ask here prior to wasting $ applying it.

For example. Here it includes stimulating the cell mitosis: http://blog.lifeextension.com/2017/1...-Benefits.html

cut and pasted from there:

Allantoin, 5-ureide-hydantoin, has been widely cited in literature as holder of numerous pharmacological activities, among them: wound healing, anti-irritating, hydrating and remover of necrotic tissue, stimulating the cell mitosis; as well as promoter of epithelial stimulation, analgesic action and keratolytic activity,” observe researchers Lorena Ulhôa Araújo and colleagues in a recent article. “For all these reports, allantoin has been used in cosmetic and pharmaceutical preparations for over 70 years with different therapeutic purposes and especially as a wound healing booster.”6

The results of research reported by Araújo (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20877959) and her associates suggests that the wound healing mechanisms induced by allantoin include regulation of the inflammatory response and stimulation of fibroblast proliferation and extracellular matrix synthesis.6 In addition to lowering inflammation, research has shown an ability for allantoin to relievepain that involves the opioid receptor.7

Certainly sounds interesting but Im really not sure if thats relevant at all though? Probably not?

Comment

Originally posted by Reality

You can't just read something on the internet and then make a big jump to what you want to be true. Wanting isn't enough.
      Yep. I wanted it to be true. Thanks for your input. I`ll save it for the backaches

Comment

Working...
      X