Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

Hey thanks for reading,

I've been tugging fairly consistently for around 4 years now. I'm looking for suggestions, because I'm not seeing the progress I feel I should have seen after 4 years.

I started at a CI-1 (see pic 1) and I'm almost to a CI-2 (see pic 2) on a good day. My first 2 years of tugging I used a standard tlc tugger, and then I tried to use the tlcx but decided it was so difficult to put on with how little skin I had, that I really needed to wait to use it, and went back to the regular tlc. I came to terms with the fact I was having very slow progress and learned that guys with tight CI-1s often had to start with manual tugging and/or taped methods. I moved to taped/canister around 2 years ago, (maybe a bit less) and have been doing that since. However, I've still not seen any improvement in speed.

My routine is typically this: tug/tape every day of the week except weekends as shown in pics 3, 4, 5 (pic 3 my thumb is pointing at the whitish line where the tape actually folds my skin, pic 4 is with the tape/canister on, and pic 5 is tugging). I tug for about 8-12 hours, and dont really have the lifestyle to do manual tugging consistently, so it's 100% tape. I dont tug at night except a few times a month (I dont actually use a strap at night, merely having the canister on provides plenty of tension during nocturnal erections, and I dont want to hurt myself), and I dont frequently miss days but it does happen a few times a month (less than 5).

I have a few speculations: maybe I'm not taping correctly? I try to aim for the tape to be somewhere around my circumcision scar (because I want it to disappear, so I'm trying to primarily grow my outer foreskin), and you can see the wrinkle/white line in pic 3 hopefully to indicate where that fold is relative to everything else. I dont experience any pain even though pic 5 looks like excessive force, and I forget I'm wearing it all the time. Maybe I need to do it more or less?

I actually ran some math (nerd) and figured out that at the rate I'm currently going, it will take me around 36 years to get where I want, which to me is a clear indication that I'm doing something wrong. There's no way it should take that long.

So what am I doing wrong? Anyone have any suggestions? Am I taping correctly, or should I try something different? Frequency/tension/method/etc? Any ideas or questions are appreciated
    Attached Files

Welcome! You sound thoughtful and willing to experiment, that will serve you well in this endeavor. And, you sound reasonable in terms of time to restore, that will help.

When I started out, I tried for 24/7/365. All that was typically advised was to apply tension. I started with the pill tube method, and quickly switched to a method I devised, essentially the pill tube method without the pill tube, and with easier tape application, at least for me. And, during that time I had great progress, but also periods of little or no progress. I just continued, assuming that this was part of the deal.

Until I noticed a pattern to these on again off again periods of progress. What I noticed was that whenever I restarted tugging after a break, or switched to a longer insert, I had great progress for a while, then the progress would fall off. So, I tried making sure that I always used the amount of tension, ie it felt like, when I started using a longer insert. To describe it, it felt like I was putting a lot of tension on the skin when I first applied tension, but then, after a few moments, I could forget I had anything on. Bingo, no more slow/no growth periods.

So, my suggestion is that you experiment with tension. Don't change anything else just yet. If it were me, I would increase the tension a bit, and see how it goes for the next month or so. For me, just slightly less than optimal tension and my progress falls way off. Of course to do this, you will need to have some confidence it two things. First in setting tension consistently, second in observing progress. If it takes a few weeks to sort that out, make sure you take the time to do that. Once you have found the optimal amount of tension, then play with other things if you still want to.

Everything else sounds fine, to me, about what you are doing. Keep in mind that where you put the tape, what method you use, and most other details, are, well details. good to get right, but not the key. the key is to get enough tension to trigger skin growth. Nothing more. And, tension is tension. How you apply the tension makes no difference to the skin.

And, if you are curious, here is the method I used for most of my restoring:

http://www.restoringforeskin.org/ima...llustrated.pdf

Currently I am using inflation, which requires enough skin to use.

Regards

Comment

I agree with greg, maybe increase the tension, and apply that tension in bursts, or cycles. Tension "on", hold it for a period of time, and then release it. You can do this with your fingers, or by gripping tape, or by using a canister taped to your doubled over shaft skin.

Those of us who have flogged away at this concept over the years have noticed a value of tension which, for want of a better description, we call the "sweet spot". If you experiment with what we are suggesting, you will find this sweet spot, where your skin is pulled out, and takes a "look", and which "feels" "stretched" (but not painful per se). It takes experimentation to find this feeling, but you will find it, guaranteed. You will be shooting for this feeling, no matter what method or schedule you use, although with manual it is most easily felt.

And the problem with math (fellow nerd) is that even overall progress, assuming you've hit on an effective routine, isn't linear. Mitosis is not a linear process, not at the maintenance rate, or at an accelerated rate.

So.......short term progress isn't linear either. One of the hardest realities to accept in tugging is that short term results are essentially invisible, and long term indications of progress take the form of tiny wrinkles in your shaft skin. No dramatic changes, just a very small addition of skin cells, on that microscopic level, over a whole lot of time. Think: rear view mirror; changes happen, but you notice them later, after they've happened.

And while nothing involved in this process is linear, I can guarantee that it won't take you 36 years! But it will seem like it along the way ! Just hang in, use more tension in shorter applications, along with some rest time, and in another 4 years you will see much more than you see now.
      Last edited by Reality; 08-11-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Vekkus.

You should have better results. Your tug time is something I am very jealous of as I can't tug very long as I can't wear a device to work.

Look. You need a device that can fold your skin over into. A device that pushes the head back in, and allows taping to be done correctly.

I started in the same boat, at square one, with no skin.

It takes a couple months of manual tugging to get enough starting skin to even use most devices.

Get a PUD or a TLC tugger. Only tape the last bit of skin that you have available. The deeper down you go on the shaft, the thicker and harder to stretch the skin is, and it does not grow quickly.

You should have changed and evolved when seeing no results. You should be ever so slightly tearing the skin to generate growth. This will be like a burn sensation, it is the sweet spot, and gives you results. But there is a fine line between damage and that effective feel the burn stretch.

The fact that you can tug as long as you do, there are people that are done in 2 years with time like that on their hands.

I would get a small medium size pud and wear it all day... Or a tlc tugger and wear that all day.

Take vitamins, and supplements for skin and circulation...

EDIT: Upon closer examination, your application looks perfect... Must be the tension is too small like greg said. Get a heavier weight or apply more tension...

Try weights, With weights, gravity gives you an accurate gauge of tension in ounces. So you can adjust more or less easily.

If you use a strap, you are angling your device and that will give you uneven results.

Try like 12 to 18 ounce range.

quit smoking if you do. Also... dont injure yourself. I have many times, and it sets you back weeks, even months. cause is usually too much tension, or a prostate pressure related issue...

herbs that have helped me raspberry leaf, vitamins, hair skin nails supplement, super beta prostate supplement.

EDIT:

THAT STRAP IS DOING LITERALLY NOTHING IN THE PHOTO PROVIDED. When using a strap, it must actually stretch to provide tension. Straps are annoying as hell... get some weights man.

Comment

I don’t see any issues in the way you tug, but I agree you might need to experiment with finding the optimum tension. I would also recommend adding manual to your mix. You say it wouldn’t really work for you, but I often tug a few minutes or half an hour at night when watching TV or before going to sleep. Even when I’m travelling and take a short break from TLC-X I tend to do manual in between. The good thing is that you can combine your regular tugging with high tension manual sessions to add more variation. It won’t harm to try and after a while you can see if you like it and if it assists your progress.

Good luck!
          My best advice to anyone is to KOT!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

By the way, don’t bother too much about the appearance of your scar line. It seems like you were lucky to get a “clean” and “even” cut, which looks much better than some mess ups other people got. Typically with progress, it fades by itself. On the other hand, manual can be very good to really target specific areas!

Restarted restoring after a long break of about 12 years. Switched from multiple O-rings to the TLC-X tugger, and happy with the progress. https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Thanks very much to all for these helpful replies!

The general consensus seems to be that I should increase the tension. I’ve since done that, and feel a constant pull but not necessarily pain. I never forget that I’m wearing it now, and seldom through the day I might feel a minor pain which I alleviate with a quick adjustment.

Specific responses in order of appearance:
              Greg_b: if I’ve understood correctly, it looks like your method is strapless? I’m eager to try that, as I find the strap really annoying in its inconsistency (less tension when sitting, potentially painful amounts when walking or running), but I want to make sure I’ve understood it correctly.

Reality: I think I get the bursts of tension when I walk, but I often stand and sit at work while I’m tugging, so that makes it even more on and off…. Unless you meant more or less than that? I’m thankful for your explanation of the ‘sweet spot’ which I think I’ve found? And you’re right about my math assumption, and I secretly was hoping that having more skin means more surface area with which to encourage mitosis over, which would mean faster progress the more skin I have. Still frustrating though in these early stages (feels weird to call it early though, with 4 years of tugging). I do plan to continue taking pictures to make my progress more clear to me so I don’t lose motivation, to your point.

Salamander: I sadly cant do manual tugging, my lifestyle just doesn’t allot me the time. I have a tlc tugger and tlcx but cant really use either as I don’t yet have enough skin. I agree, which is why I’m here looking for advice and I do wear the device I am able to use all day for the most part (explained in my original post).

BelgianChris: Thanks for the encouragement. While I’d love to add manual, I just cant find the time. I’ll see what I can do though, since everyone is encouraging it so much. As for the comment on the scar line: do you mean that the dark tint gets spread out over more skin, thereby making it less visible (like if you get charcoal on your fingers, it’s quite black, but if you smear it around on your fingers, it blends outward and seems less dark)? Or do you mean that it disappears into the foreskin (basically becoming inner foreskin) from stretching so much outer skin? I just want to know what to do to best address the issue, is all.

Thanks very much everyone for these thoughtful replies!

Comment

Well in the end there is always a difference in appearance between outer and inner skin, which will never disappear and never should. In your case, it’s still very apparent that there is a scar where the two meet. The colour difference won’t disappear, but the transition will over time look less apparent. Most restorers aim to have the scar line to end up right on the inner side of their restored foreskin at the end, as on an uncircumcised penis typically that is where the transition between inner and outer skin is. I’m also hoping to have it end up there, but I need to grow quite some more inner skin, as I had very little of that to begin with. Since you seem to have a lot of inner skin, with any dual tension device you will be tensioning both inner and outer skin anyhow. Once you have more skin to work with, those devices also allow you to tune the region you tension by deciding how you mount them. I wouldn’t worry about it too much in your case, as I suspect you are tensioning the scar line anyhow, and with growth, the scar will automatically start fading. I’m not saying it will be totally invisible at the end, but you’d probably have to pull all the way back to even notice it at that stage. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by veckus View Post
                  I sadly cant do manual tugging, my lifestyle just doesn’t allot me the time.
                  How much time do you think it takes to manually tug?

Comment

Originally posted by veckus View Post
                    Thanks very much to all for these helpful replies!

The general consensus seems to be that I should increase the tension. I’ve since done that, and feel a constant pull but not necessarily pain. I never forget that I’m wearing it now, and seldom through the day I might feel a minor pain which I alleviate with a quick adjustment.

Specific responses in order of appearance:
                    Greg_b: if I’ve understood correctly, it looks like your method is strapless? I’m eager to try that, as I find the strap really annoying in its inconsistency (less tension when sitting, potentially painful amounts when walking or running), but I want to make sure I’ve understood it correctly.

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town. Yes, the insert provides the tension.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by mattsprofile View Post

How much time do you think it takes to manually tug?
                      1-2 hours per day is what I've read. I'm not really interested in debating this specific point, I'm looking for improving my tugging device/passive methods.

Comment

Ok, no debate (you did ask for advice, though). But for the rest of the forum readers, silent or noisy:

1. A typical manual method takes just minutes, several times per day. With manual you can fit it in, here and there, in any work day; at the work place or at home;

2. There is no such thing as a passive method. You are either placing cycles of tension on your tissues, or you aren't. Restoration is not a set-it-up, forget-about-it kind of thing. It all depends on you and your attention. Devices aren't a set-it-up kind of thing either. No device has ever worked like that. And this isn't "debate", this is the plain truth.

Anyone who hopes for something else will be disappointed, and skin-tubeless.

Comment

Working...
                        X