Progress slowed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress slowed

I have been restoring for 8 months and progress was pretty good for the first 5 months, than progress slowed between the 5th and 6 month to 1 mm, progress was better again at 7 month gaining about 3mm, but now that it is the 8 month progress slowed again to 1mm again. I have been using a TLC stretch 4 Tugger with a strap mostly as it seems to stay on better with my active work day, I also use a TLC-X with dual spring with a strap for about 1 hour a day or more usually in the morning, I also use the TLC-X with weights some of the time. I tug for about 12 hours everyday of the week. I retain all the time when not tugging with either a o-ring for my skin cone. I currently have a FEC of 172% so have made pretty good progress since before I started to restore I could only get my shaft skin to my corona, and have full flaccid coverage with overhang most of the time. Any suggestions to to kick start the growth again.

Take a break for a week or so to let your skin recover. When you resume, tug in cycles like for a couple hours at a time then remove the device and give it a rest for an hour. Triggered cells need blood flow to complete division and all devices restrict blood flow to some degree. Cyclic tension is proven to be most effective and you also don't need to tug anywhere near 12 hours per day as long as you have the tension right. Basically you want to go to the elastic limit of your skin plus a little more. If it hurts, that's too much. KOT!

Comment

What is the purpose of taking a break for a week? What is the ultimate time amount of tugging each day if 12 hours is to much time? How much time should I be shooting for?

Comment

Are you careful to keep the tension at the level that it was when you had good progress? Your experience sounds like mine, I didn't realize I was lacking off the tension as tugging became routine. Once I realized that, by seeing the pattern of times when progress slowed vs was good, I paid better attention and progress stayed good. For me, it seems that just a bit less tension drops my progress a lot.

Regarding time under tension, I have found that the amount of time is pretty much irrelevant. I currently tug for 20 minutes, twice a day. My progress is as good or better than when I tugged for a lot longer. This makes sense when you listen to the words we use, we apply tension to trigger growth. Triggers do not need to be held down for long time periods. Manual tuggers are great examples of short time periods being effective.

Regards

Comment

I have pretty much always been aware of the tension and have been aware of keeping the tension up as progress is made, I pretty much gauge that if I don't have steady constant tension then I adjust to keep the skin taunt under tension.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundog View Post
            What is the purpose of taking a break for a week? What is the ultimate time amount of tugging each day if 12 hours is to much time? How much time should I be shooting for?
            I will expand on "to let your skin recover" from my original post. At some point the skin cells that have already divided simply stop responding to tension. They need rest for nutrients to get into them and for your DNA to do its thing so they will divide again. This takes time (a break). I have noticed some of my most significant gains after a prolonged break. There is no "standard" amount of time for tugging due to the many variables involved. Finding YOUR ideal tension/time combination takes some experimentation. Some people, like myself, get good growth from only a total of 2-3 hour per day in 30 minute sessions. The key is YOUR ideal tension level.

Comment

Working...
            X