DTR vs Cat II Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTR vs Cat II Q

Which of them is more efficient in terms of restoration results? Which has a firmer grip?

I have personal experience with neither, but I have seen more than one complaint that the gripper on the Cat II is poor. I would buy a DTR before I would buy a Cat II.
    Visit my restoration progress journal.

Comment

I had a CAT II for a while. I didn't like it so I got a TLC X.

Comment

I prefer the CAT II. I don't have problems with the gripper and I find it's easier to wear for longer periods of time, especially with the soft deep pusher.

The DTR grips really well, but I need to take it off more frequently because it will turn the skin underneath the gripper red/purple from lack of blood.

Comment

It's the CAT II Q for me. A great device that is so simple to use and with a little care to keep the gripper and skin free of oils and sweat, the hold is very secure. I have used it both with added weight and just as it comes. Get the soft "deep pusher".

Comment

I’ve never used the DTR, but have used the CAT ii Q for a while. It definitely has helped in terms of growth, although I’ve found that I need to get the skin positioned just right when putting on the silicone cone, as I’ve had it bunch up a little at the top and pinch the skin. If I get it on right, it stays comfortably for a few hours at a time.

One issue I do have with the CAT is the deep pusher rod does not always stay on the base. It’s nice that it comes apart for cleaning. But when I’m stretching with the deep pusher, there’s more loose skin on the top then the bottom, and it almost always angles the base to where the rod comes off and then is like a harpoon inside, making things rather uncomfortable. It would be great if anyone had suggestions on how to secure the base better to the rod.

Comment

Originally posted by awstephens View Post
              I’ve never used the DTR, but have used the CAT ii Q for a while. It definitely has helped in terms of growth, although I’ve found that I need to get the skin positioned just right when putting on the silicone cone, as I’ve had it bunch up a little at the top and pinch the skin. If I get it on right, it stays comfortably for a few hours at a time.

One issue I do have with the CAT is the deep pusher rod does not always stay on the base. It’s nice that it comes apart for cleaning. But when I’m stretching with the deep pusher, there’s more loose skin on the top then the bottom, and it almost always angles the base to where the rod comes off and then is like a harpoon inside, making things rather uncomfortable. It would be great if anyone had suggestions on how to secure the base better to the rod.
              i had this issue as well....im a jeweler and a tinkerer so i do have fun tools and skills, but this is how i fixed the issue on my cat. I used a 1mm round bur and "routed" a small indent all the way around and about 2 mm from the base of the rod. so when you put the pusher back on the rod you could see a little channel on the rod through the silicone pusher about halfway between the opening and the bottom of the pusher. then i twisted a small piece of wire around the silicone pusher...this causes a pinch with the silicone in the little grove. it holds it perfectly in place to the point where the silicone would tear before popping off the rod. to keep from being in contact with the wire i used some silicone tape to cover and seal it (https://smile.amazon.com/X-Treme-Tap...=silicone+tape). i used the same tape on the blue cone to give a little better grip on the inner skin and makes it a bit tighter on the snap cone, i now never slip off unless im using a lot of tension.

Comment

DTR works very well - no complaints, good results.

Comment

Working...
                X