No announcement yet.

Wearing the Device Correctly and What Is Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, isopropyl alcohol is a must. The other thing is to make sure you have as much skin as possible trapped in the device and make sure it's laid out as even and flat as possible. NO wrinkles. Another tip is, if you can, tug at 90 degrees or so from your body. This puts even tension all the way around and the device is much less likely to slip. It's just the nature of the TLC devices because they are a straight tapered cone. The DTR is a rounded bell and it does NOT slip at all. I have one, and although I can get it on I don't have quite enough skin for it to be right. Soon, very soon. I'm sooo close to CI4, which is where the DTR starts to fit correctly.

Comment

Ha! post #300. Just to get there!

Comment

I have found that the only time I have trouble applying the device is first thing in the morning - primarily because I have to be completely flaccid in order to get the device on, In the morning it seems like any tactile stimulation produces at least a partial erection and that makes it impossible to put the device on.

Comment

Originally posted by SaturnV View Post
          I have found that the only time I have trouble applying the device is first thing in the morning - primarily because I have to be completely flaccid in order to get the device on, In the morning it seems like any tactile stimulation produces at least a partial erection and that makes it impossible to put the device on.
          So, your rocket likes to launch first thing in the morning, huh? Lol.
          That's normal. You'll get used to it. Try taking a nice hot shower before you apply your device and try to think about how your gonna kick the ass of the person who did this to you.

Comment

The isopropyl alcohol has been awesome. I've been using it for almost a week and notice almost 100% turn around in grip. I don't even use the dish detergent anymore, using that in the dish washer for now on. I went out and bought alcohol wipes from wal marts for $1.55 for 100. There the same thing you use to clean cuts. I use those even time time I go to the bathroom. I clean my skin and the device and have notice stellar results. I am capable of increasing tension now, I couldn't do this before. Now if someone could tell me if they get skin bubbles when they take off the device that would help. I see this quiet often when I take off the device. Generally when I am having a painful tug I'll see this when I take off the device. Some reason the bottom part of my shaft slide back and wrinkles and this is when I usually happens. I have been finding it hard with the weather change outside to get skin around without a little wrinkle...maybe need to remeasure and see if size is still the same?

Thanks a lot,
            The Wonderer

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
              Yes, isopropyl alcohol is a must. The other thing is to make sure you have as much skin as possible trapped in the device and make sure it's laid out as even and flat as possible. NO wrinkles. Another tip is, if you can, tug at 90 degrees or so from your body. This puts even tension all the way around and the device is much less likely to slip. It's just the nature of the TLC devices because they are a straight tapered cone. The DTR is a rounded bell and it does NOT slip at all. I have one, and although I can get it on I don't have quite enough skin for it to be right. Soon, very soon. I'm sooo close to CI4, which is where the DTR starts to fit correctly.
              I don't know about you, but I find it quite difficult to avoid any wrinkling of the skin. I generally try to get as much of them out as I can, but I find if I get completely them out, the device literally hangs on at the very edge of the shaft and doesn't grip all of the skin like it should. Maybe I should work on this. I mean the restoration is still going swimmingly, but you're probably right about the importance of having the skin as wrinkle-free as possible. Any tips for this?

Comment

I find that I get my best wrinkle free application in the morning after my skin has had a chance to go back to its normal state. During the day if inget a bunch of wrinkles I wait a few minutes then re apply the retaining cone. The process of pulling up and evening out your skin stretches it a bit. Wrinkle free is more for comfort than anything else, but the device does grip better if there aren't any. Personally I think the small end of the TLC X should be a little bigger in diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                  The other thing is to make sure you have as much skin as possible trapped in the device
                  How does that work? To me it seems that the less skin held in place by the device, the more surface area that is tensioned. But I must be missing something obvious here, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunism View Post

How does that work? To me it seems that the less skin held in place by the device, the more surface area that is tensioned. But I must be missing something obvious here, eh?
                    You're right about less skin in the device = more skin under tension. BUT if you don't have enough trapped it will slip and be uncomfortable which leads you to not wearing it as much as you could. You also run the risk of skin tears. Ideally I like to see about 1/4" gap at the top of the device. That's a good balance.

Comment

Working...
                    X