X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parsecskin
    started a topic More Skin and Nerves

More Skin and Nerves

As I continue to gain more skin, I got to thinking about what happens with your existing nerves? It would seem logical that the grow along with your new skin, but what about the nerve endings? Do they expand as well?

Post away!

• KragDragon
    replied
    Pretty sure my anger issues go deeper than circumcision, but it's certainly a big item on the list of reasons I'm perpetually pissed off at humanity.

I don't blame anyone in particular for my being circumcised. I blame ignorance, ideology, and belief... three things that can make even the best of humans do terrible things without realizing it.

I'm sure I'm unknowingly being had by those three glitches of human intelligence right now even though I'm aware of them.

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    Well, this thread seems to be in the wreckage of some sort of explosive moment that perhaps none of us really understand.

What I can say is that there are many here who are suffering from PTSD directly from circumcision.

Bear with me. There are many who have expressed disdain and disappointment in their parents, doctors, medical staff. A victim mentality has taken root where a self confidence should be.

This skin was taken from you, and now you wonder who you would be if you had been able to keep it. What would have changed? How much happier would you be?

Obviously some members have such a deep feeling of discontentment that it leaks out in the form of rage.

Please don't blame the new guys, we all had to start somewhere. Blame does nothing, walk against the wind and KOT I say. If anyone with circumcision induced PTSD needs to talk, this IS still the place.

Embrace the journey.

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Reality
    (in hushed voice, to himself) "There, blew out the last little candle..........well, except for this one (and the oooooo ghosty ones)..........wait, does that mean I can't wave my hanky and acknowledge snuffing this one too? Oh jeeze.

I just realized a dead viking can't shoot an arrow in his own boat, so what chance does a willingly-dead chum mucker have . Crap".

(a few minutes later) "Problem solved, I found the switch! This may take a few minutes.....................
    Preserving more photographic evidence that the guy who constantly berates "social media" behavior actively engages in it himself. Next time he gets all high and mighty about being above "social" we can just link back to this thread and smile.

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
    I have experienced sensitivity increase simply from being covered and shedding keratin and gaining moisture content. However, I, remembering what it was like to be intact, feel that expanded shaft skin feels weird. Particularly towards the end where rollover occurs. It's not in a bad way, just different. It doesn't feel like "foreskin", it feels like expanded shaft skin. I'm sure I'll get used to it.The expanded inner skin doesn't feel as weird except for what's missing. This must be due to lack of neurons. Time to retrain the brain!
    Oh I forgot, you're the dude who had a foreskin... Yeah I doubt you will ever have that feeling again... Remember these are faux-skins :P

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    This extra skin provides a similar function of an actual foreskin. It moves LIKE one, and it keeps the glans covered. Look at some pictures of veteran restorers. They have a moist re-sensitized glans.

Those are the main draws of restoration. Aside from that is the LOOK of it, and for some that is another large draw. Personally I started for the look aspect. But as I make more gains, I see how satisfying it is to have the function as well.

Of course most people here will say the sensation isn't even 50 percent of what a real foreskin provides. That number is probably based on the destruction of nerve endings. Restoration is a "take what you can get" deal... Seems worth it maybe... Probably isn't cost effective in terms of time put in to any realistic standard... If one used the time on any other effort, it might be way more desirable. Say instead of tugging, you worked somewhere, or worked out. You would be rich, and buffed out in no time... These are things we must think about in this short lifetime...

But here we are, obsessed as we are.

Leave a comment:

• Restoring2018
    replied
    Hi Reality, I don't know why you attack people openly discussing a topic that has mostly been advanced through shared experience. I don't know how old you are but it's not a very mature way to act and the internet may provide you with a sense of anonymity and power but it doesn't excuse your behavior.

Folks, get the kid or the "sugar" guy to tell you all 'bout them nerves and "imagination" (he just pissed down your shirt collar about the real worth of restoration) 'cause there's a lot we didn't cover."
    You also go on about people not knowing how to read but your reading comprehension may also need to be checked. In no way did I invalidate or suggest that anyone was wrong when I said if it was possible to imagine an increased sensitivity. I know that when your mucosa and gland is covered the skin is revitalized and a newfound sensitivity is definite. Due to an increased amount of skin, the area of sensitivity could be larger resulting from just the basic fact that there is more skin to feel. It was just a suggestion that you took incredibly wrong.

And when you talk about the real worth of restoration being able to feel more pleasure, you're only talking about your own opinion. Some men restore because they have psychological damage from what was taking away from them and restoring brings back a sense of control to their own body. Personally for me, my own worth of restoring is not to feel more pleasure or healing any kind of psychological and visible physical trauma but rather purely for an aesthetic reason. I like the way a natural penis is suppose to look, having a foreskin to cover the glands appears more modest in my own opinion. If all the other added benefits of sensitivity comes with restoring then I'll gladly welcome it as well.

You may have lived a long time and gain a ton of experience on restoring your own foreskin, which may make you feel entitled to share your knowledge as if it's the undeniable truth. But sharing that information to others, especially new restorers comes with the role of being a teacher, a mentor, a guide to those wanting to learn more about restoring. However your behavior of lashing out to anyone who has a different say than yours or even simple questions on theoretical ideas on the subject and attacking the person not only on an intellectual level but a personal one as well is completely uncalled for, destructive, and flat out rude.

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    Technically, all that us humans perceive is imagination. The color red doesn't exist. Electromagnetic radiation of a specific frequency hits our optic nerves and our brain interprets - imagines - something that we know as a color named Red.

What a restored foreskin gives us is more sensitive equipment with which to detect physical contact on a piece of anatomy that is hardwired to inject a pleasurable sensation into our brain's fabricated perception of existence. More fuel for the imagination, you might say.

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Reality

English as a second language is always problematic, especially when you don't use punctuationYou've cursed us with run-on sentences, so I stopped reading your post about a second into it.I did catch your reference to phantom pain, however do you realize that you have no idea what you're talking about? do my posts read like you can smoke me in basic Neurology Phantom pain has nothing, nothing to do with imagination learn English"Imagination" is the wrong word, and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here by saying this I was amused by the word "linear" though whatever the fuck that means learn English, read about phantom pain, drop your agenda my reference to losing IQ points was a reference to another thread, another "contributor" with a nonsense premise, sometime ago my advice? If you're not an admin, stay the fuck out of it was I being petty, just like you Eeehh, maybe a little.....nah, not really, it was a reference to a totally false idea; someone else's idea, but you picked it up and tried to run with it.But hey, this is the internet, and a site about dicks no less so I have to accept the following if English is your second language and you don't really stay current on this forum and especially if you're just another "gee I feel so angry after reading Reality's posts" type which you seem to be then you would respond the 180 degree way you tried here I provide information; information which can be confirmed what do you do, other than take a garbled, pressured shot.Anyone wondering now why I deep-six these posts soon after If not, here's why: I'm not allowed to say "get fucked, you shallow asshole, you have nothing to offer", but I would if I could 'cause it fits and if I could I'd leave these mofos in print Maybe my advice to this guy learn English,which includes punctuation and vocabulary and then go someplace else and think about why you're here (in every sense of the term)

You know, I tried (not very hard) to use very little punctuation, but basic education just kept rearing it's ugly head. Damn you, periods, and you other dots I don't know the name of
    You're lucky I'm not an admin because you'd be in some shit for that post.

Run-on sentences are indeed annoying but not worthy of going full nuclear on someone over it. Also, if you make a belittling comment and then have a temper tantrum when someone isn't pleased about it, you're even less mature than the bitchy little socmed special ed types you're always driveling about.

I'm mostly replying to this to cockblock you from deleting it and pretending it didn't happen. The freedom to be a dick on the internet is a two-way street.

Leave a comment:

• parsecskin
    replied
    I have experienced sensitivity increase simply from being covered and shedding keratin and gaining moisture content. However, I, remembering what it was like to be intact, feel that expanded shaft skin feels weird. Particularly towards the end where rollover occurs. It's not in a bad way, just different. It doesn't feel like "foreskin", it feels like expanded shaft skin. I'm sure I'll get used to it.The expanded inner skin doesn't feel as weird except for what's missing. This must be due to lack of neurons. Time to retrain the brain!

Leave a comment:

• Restoring2018
    replied
    im pretty sure you can imagine sensations as those who have lost parts of their body can feel a phantom limb, youre thinking of imagination as purely linear as if one is making up something that doesnt already exist compared to perceiving an idea from what youre feeling. imagination is just another form of thought and what science doesnt start off with imagination and hypothesis. so when i say that an increase of sensitivity can be imagined, it may not be from more neurons growing but from what neurons we already have stretched out in a greater surface area and our brains perceiving it as an increase of sensation due to having more skin that can feel.

by the way, your unedited reply was much better. you don't have to be snarky about things especially on a forum for open discussion, comments like losing 100 IQ points and magical thinking are completely unnecessary. oftentimes being genuine and polite are better ways to engage conversations than the way you talk down to people.

Leave a comment:

• Restoring2018
    replied
    is it possible to just imagine the increase of sensitivity resulting from the increased area of sensitivity? same neurons "nerves" but stretched over a wider area making you feel more from the same?

Leave a comment:

• BelgianChris
    replied
    In terms of numbers or neurons I’m not really sure what goes on, but neurons that “die” in events like a stroke do typically not recover from it and as such the functionalities are often lost forever. On the other hand, I’m starting to see more inner skin growth recently and I can notice that that region is more sensitive than before. This is probably also just because I had very little inner skin to start with.

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    Morbidly overweight people give us some insight into the nervous system's plasticity with regards to skin expansion. Getting up over 500 pounds grows several pounds worth of extra skin to accommodate all that fat... one way or another, the sense of touch manages to spread itself out over all that additional real estate. How it does so, I have no idea. Nerves are a mystery to me.

Leave a comment:

• parsecskin
    replied
    So what your saying is that the newly grown skin will have less neuron density due to greater area. How does this affect sensation?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X