X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Restoring2018
    "...fucking get at least halfway down the restoration road, THEN open your mouth. You know nothing, you have nothing to offer..."
    Anyone who wrote that has lost the privilege to use our Private Messaging system and is on thin ice for walking among us. They also misunderstand the purpose of our forum.

Again, if we respectfully address the IDEAS in postings rather than focusing on the USER who posted it, we should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    I should add that if someone is not respecting you in private messaging, that would be a serious transgression in my view. One message that says "no further contact please" should end it. Banning for violators is appropriate in my view.

Also, disrupting ongoing public threads by deleting multiple comments is something our code of conduct will cover - if I ever get around to it. I just pisses me off that people who slept through kindergarten and didn't learn how to be decent human beings would make such a code necessary.

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    Next time he come at me, I'm bringin' mah troops.

Leave a comment:

• mattsprofile
    replied
    Reality hits you hard, bro

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    "You have to earn being accepted in the real world", huh? He's sure doing a great job of that, isn't he? ;-)

I'm gonna get myself banned ripping on this guy but I don't care. That dude gets right under my skin with that condescending attitude of his. That's the one thing that will blow me up even if I know better... condescending attitudes.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Restoring2018 View Post
    Hello not sure how to show this to an admin since the contact feature doesn't have an image uploader but this user needs some addressing. Don't know where he gets off thinking this is acceptable.

I can't view your screenshot. But the culture and manners for this forum are enforced by the community. If you see anything you don't think belongs here, go into that posting and then click the FLAG icon in the lower right. This sends a message to the administrators including me.

What does belong here is helpful advice offered with the same respect you would afford friends and family. That doesn't mean we can't speak up when we think something incorrect has been said. But if we are mindful to critique the idea rather than criticise the user who shared it, I think we can all get along.

When we had forum rules of conduct published at the old forum (wish we could find those) they included NOT calling users out in subject lines without their permission, btw.

Leave a comment:

• KragDragon
    replied
    The proper word to describe Reality gets auto-censored on here. It starts with C and ends with unt.

You are totally right in your other post... possessing knowledge doesn't give you a license to kill. Reality could get banned and we'd still have plenty of experienced restorers to learn from, who are able to share their knowledge without a side order of ego-diarrhea.

His knowledge isn't even that great either. I got my best tugging results by emulating guys like MJwise, the Metal One, and DTR Chuck. Reality doesn't even share any knowledge about optimal tugging routines. All you'll get out of him is "just tug in cycles", which is about as helpful as telling a body builder "just lift in reps".

How many reps? How much weight? How often? What lifting technique? You ain't much of a personal trainer if you can't tell your aspiring weight lifter anything more than "just lift", and you ain't much of a foreskin restoration expert if you can't tell your aspiring restorers anything more than "just tug".

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    Originally posted by Restoring2018 View Post
    Hello not sure how to show this to an admin since the contact feature doesn't have an image uploader but this user needs some addressing. Don't know where he gets off thinking this is acceptable.

Ron knows about him. We put up with is attitude around here cause he seems to know what he is talking about, and enjoys discussing restoration. Sorry if he made you feel bad for being new at this. He does it to everyone, so don't feel bad. Just get even lol.

Leave a comment:

• Restoring2018
    started a topic Watch out for Reality.

Watch out for Reality.

Trying to delete the callout post since the issue has been dealt with. Sorry for the unnecessary trouble and thank you to the admins that stepped in. Would delete the thread or at least change the subject title to leave out the username if I knew how so if an admin can delete this thread as its no longer needed that'd be great.

Last edited by Restoring2018; 12-21-2018, 06:06 PM.
Working...
X