Injury - edema/swelling in foreskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury - edema/swelling in foreskin

ive been restoring for about 2 years seriously. Started with Tlc-x moved to the Hyperrestore DA and then manual methods. Got a little tired of manual and went back to HyperRestore DA. I’m the past I had one incident where I went too much pressure with the HR and had edema (fluid swelling) in foreskin. It caused a lot of anxiety but it cleared up after a week or so.

Well this time I went back to the HR DA and was careful to take it slow and ramped up air pumps over the last 3 months. I got to 10 pumps and held steady there, wearing it about 12-15 hrs a day. Never felt pain or saw any injuries. Decided one day that I’d switch back to manual because I wasn’t seeing great results.

A day or so after stopping, I noticed edema flaring up again across my foreskin. Which was a surprise to me. I tried massaging, applying pressure and the edema is still there a week later along with some bruising, which seems to be clearing up slightly. I also feel a bit of a “rope burn” type feeling across the foreskin. Basically I must have been going too hard for quite too long.

Now im nervous as hell that I’ve done some serious damage. The foreskin is still swollen (it’s gone down very slightly) and it looks puffy after a whole week off.

Has anyone had a similar experience? How long will this healing take? I feel like maybe going to the doc but I have a feeling they won’t be able to do much except say let it heal. I attached some pics from a few days ago and today.

Originally posted by tugwar View Post
    ive been restoring for about 2 years seriously. Started with Tlc-x moved to the Hyperrestore DA and then manual methods. Got a little tired of manual and went back to HyperRestore DA. I’m the past I had one incident where I went too much pressure with the HR and had edema (fluid swelling) in foreskin. It caused a lot of anxiety but it cleared up after a week or so.

Well this time I went back to the HR DA and was careful to take it slow and ramped up air pumps over the last 3 months. I got to 10 pumps and held steady there, wearing it about 12-15 hrs a day. Never felt pain or saw any injuries. Decided one day that I’d switch back to manual because I wasn’t seeing great results.

A day or so after stopping, I noticed edema flaring up again across my foreskin. Which was a surprise to me. I tried massaging, applying pressure and the edema is still there a week later along with some bruising, which seems to be clearing up slightly. I also feel a bit of a “rope burn” type feeling across the foreskin. Basically I must have been going too hard for quite too long.

Now im nervous as hell that I’ve done some serious damage. The foreskin is still swollen (it’s gone down very slightly) and it looks puffy after a whole week off.

Has anyone had a similar experience? How long will this healing take? I feel like maybe going to the doc but I have a feeling they won’t be able to do much except say let it heal. I attached some pics from a few days ago and today.
    When in doubt: ICE IT!

Go to your closest drug store, or online. Look for an item called "inflamma-less" by irwin naturals. It should help, just take one when needed. It helps me a lot with recurrent issues like this. It is essentially fish oil, vitamin c, and zinc, with some indian herbs like tumeric mixed in. Not good for long term use, I think it is hard on the kidneys.

You could also try gingko biloba but it is dangerous long term as it thins the blood. I don't think aspirin can actually help here but it might. Red Raspberry leaf is another good one, but I am allergic to it unfortunately.
    Last edited by salamander6773; 12-26-2018, 06:46 PM.
    PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

I have recurrent pelvic pain issues... I am thinking of cutting my tension in half to try and alleviate the issues. It is debilitating.
      PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

The urologists are really not much help with small injuries. They worry about older people with prostate issues first.

I forgot to mention a great help for any injuries. ICE PACKS. They work great for most issues like this.
        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Thanks. I've seen the swelling go down a bit but it's still not 100%. Close to 80% better, which is a relief. Still can't tug or have sex for awhile. Want to make sure it heals completely.

Comment

Update - tried to have sex and literally felt nothing in my foreskin. almost like it was a piece of leather. It then burned and was inflamed after I stopped. seriously having a panic attack right now. To have no feeling after almost 2 weeks of letting it rest is giving me extreme anxiety.. what have I done.

Comment

Yikes. Sounds like it's time to see a doctor a.s.a.p.
              I have no idea what would cause that... looks like an infection to me, but that's just a guess.

Comment

That does sound scary, I can see feeling panic.

How was your skin reacting to that much tension for that long? How did it feel when you removed the tension for a few minutes to pee? Any signs along the way that this regimen might be causing trouble? Pain, tingly feelings, skin cold and odd feeling for a time after removing the tension? Anytime we apply tension we run the risk of reducing blood flow. Do that for long enough, and you can run into problems. Perhaps this was the cause?

A doctor can give you a better diagnosis, as long as you tell him what you were doing. He can check other things that could be going on as well. That seems a good option at this time.

Let us know how things proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
                  That does sound scary, I can see feeling panic.

How was your skin reacting to that much tension for that long? How did it feel when you removed the tension for a few minutes to pee? Any signs along the way that this regimen might be causing trouble? Pain, tingly feelings, skin cold and odd feeling for a time after removing the tension? Anytime we apply tension we run the risk of reducing blood flow. Do that for long enough, and you can run into problems. Perhaps this was the cause?

A doctor can give you a better diagnosis, as long as you tell him what you were doing. He can check other things that could be going on as well. That seems a good option at this time.

Let us know how things proceed.
                  I noticed a little discoloring near the scar line after about a month or so on the regimen, but I didn't feel any pain or discomfort at that time. Also, my sensitivity was fine and had no issues with sex. Yes, the skin was cold at times, but I always took the device every 2-3 hours (I pee a lot). The skin was definitely getting stretched and it would appear to be a solid ci-4 after removing the device, sometimes it would even look intact for some time before unraveling (i've seen other restrorers' pics that had a similar coverage after removing a device, so this didn't worry me at the time).

One night before I stopped for good, I did feel some pain on the left side of my foreskin with the device on, so I took it off, and decided to give it a break, which is when this whole thing started. Basically any time I play with my foreskin, I get a burning sensation. Visually, I can see a bit of discoloration but if I showed my penis to someone, I doubt they would think there's anything wrong with it (the edema has gone down significantly).

I am debating on the doctor, my general feeling is that they are going to say give it rest. At worst, I've done nerve damage, and hopefully not severe enough that it won't heal correctly. If I did do nerve damage, I read that it could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to heal. (http://nerve.wustl.edu/NerveInjury.pdf) but nerves should heal up to 1in/month, so I would assume that it would be quicker since the area of the injury is small.

It is strange that I'm feeling the burning sensation still after two weeks though.

Comment

Here’s what the foreskin looks like today. There’s some darker discoloration around the scar line and some redness in the center part of the foreskin. Still some edema but noticeably better the earlier. I guess I should feel somewhat good about the edema going away.

i can still feel things on my foreskin. I tried touching around it with objects without looking and could feel the item touch the skin. It’s just not pleasurable when I stroke it. And it burns after messing with it.

Comment

Well, I suggest it is not what they say to do, but what they say might have been the cause that will make going to a doctor worthwhile.

It seems unusual, I do not recall men reporting this, though since words have some ambiguity and symptoms variability, I cannot be sure. Based on what you have said (thanks for the additional information) it does not sound like you were doing anything that many other men have done. Please keep us informed so that others can learn from your experience.

I will point out that you do not need to tug for that long, all you need to do is trigger the cells to grow more skin. Think about the word "trigger". You might consider shorter periods of tension when you get back to tugging. Try to be more like the manual tuggers, perhaps.

Best wishes

Comment

I have been dealing with this same thing for years now. I really need to cut my tension in half, but I am stubborn and continue finding ways to just get by. Don't be like me, cut your tension in half, and if that doesn't work. Try taking supplements, but be careful what you take. I have tried everything in the book. I am convinced it is pressure on my prostate that triggers my issues. Obviously you are probably in better shape than me. Most tuggers have no issues... I can suggest you search the forums to see any advice about such issues. I think ICE is the safest bet. Right now I am experimenting with herbal supplements that have bad hormonal side effects. But they help the inflammation that I get after tugging.

I do intend on decreasing my tension, I just have to get to that point, right now I am in a struggle to gain as much as I can, it seems self defeating. The harder you push, the more it backfires. I think GENTLE TENSION as was outlined by RON so many times is the key here. Unfortunately I am stubborn and strive to get this process done with... Good luck bud.
                        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

I'm giving myself another 2 weeks heal time. If by that time, there's no improvement to the burning sensation, I'll make an appt. with the doctor.

Comment

Happy to report that the burning sensation in my foreskin is 95% gone and my sensitivity is back to normal. The edema (fluid buildup) is completely gone now as well.

Last week I purchased some organic shea butter and began applying it to my foreskin and glans and within a day, the burning sensation began to fade. I'm not sure about the correlation between using the shea butter and the improvement in my symptoms, but all I can say is, I felt relief within a few hours after my first application.

There's still darker discoloration around the scar line and I do believe the glans is also a darker color than before my injury, but there isn't a noticeable difference in sensitivity anymore. I successfully had sex with my girlfriend last night, and it felt like it did prior to my injury. I'm also getting strong nocturnal erections again.

As you can imagine, my relief is palpable. I'm no longer anxious about the long term health of my penis or my ability to perform in bed.

My gameplan going forward:
                            • Continue to apply shae butter
                            • Sex 1x a week until 100% healed
                            • A full month off any tugging (possibly more if needed - hoping to see discoloration clear up although I'm not very hopeful - it looks permanent)
                            • Never use a device again. 100% manual/Andre's method going forward

Comment

Happy to report that the burning sensation in my foreskin is 95% gone and my sensitivity is back to normal. The edema (fluid buildup) is completely gone now as well.

Last week I purchased some organic shea butter and began applying it to my foreskin and glans and within a day, the burning sensation began to fade. I'm not sure about the correlation between using the shea butter and the improvement in my symptoms, but all I can say is, I felt relief within a few hours after my first application.

There's still darker discoloration around the scar line and I do believe the glans is also a darker color than before my injury, but there isn't a noticeable difference in sensitivity anymore. I successfully had sex with my girlfriend last night, and it felt like it did prior to my injury. I'm also getting strong nocturnal erections again.

As you can imagine, my relief is palpable. I'm no longer anxious about the long term health of my penis or my ability to perform in bed.

My gameplan going forward:
                              • Continue to apply shae butter
                              • Sex 1x a week until 100% healed
                              • A full month off any tugging (possibly more if needed - hoping to see discoloration clear up although I'm not very hopeful - it looks permanent)
                              • Never use a device again. 100% manual/Andre's method going forward
                              Way to play it safe. I've been trying to "power through" similar injuries for 2 years now. You are probably better off.
                              PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                              X