Question about tension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tension.

Is 10 ounces enough tension to promote growth?

I have been using 18 ounces, but plan to decrease it because of persistent pelvic pain. (prostate or other)

If anyone has used weights for restoration, please throw in your two cents.

PROGRESS GALLERY

Well, the short answer is that if it hurts, you need to scale back the weight.

For me personally, the weight I can tolerate depends on the activity. If I'm in the kitchen, cooking or doing dishes, I find that 16 oz is fine because I'm not briskly moving. If I'm mowing the lawn, however, that 16 oz causes way too much bouncing and jostling so I scale back to 10 oz. Otherwise, my general purpose weight for puttering around the house (e.g. up and down stairs, vacuuming) is 12 oz.

I used to try wearing a weight while walking in the neighborhood but found that even 7 oz rapidly became too much, probably due to the constant bouncing.

I use a pulley system for when I'm in an armchair or lying in bed (awake, not asleep) and I can easily do 17 oz there. I find anything higher than 17 oz cuts off too much circulation to be comfortable.

One thing that helped me is adding a rubber band between my TLC-X and the weight. This functions as a shock absorber and is handy when going up and down stairs when there is a bit more jostling than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by charcoal View Post
      Well, the short answer is that if it hurts, you need to scale back the weight.

For me personally, the weight I can tolerate depends on the activity. If I'm in the kitchen, cooking or doing dishes, I find that 16 oz is fine because I'm not briskly moving. If I'm mowing the lawn, however, that 16 oz causes way too much bouncing and jostling so I scale back to 10 oz. Otherwise, my general purpose weight for puttering around the house (e.g. up and down stairs, vacuuming) is 12 oz.

I used to try wearing a weight while walking in the neighborhood but found that even 7 oz rapidly became too much, probably due to the constant bouncing.

I use a pulley system for when I'm in an armchair or lying in bed (awake, not asleep) and I can easily do 17 oz there. I find anything higher than 17 oz cuts off too much circulation to be comfortable.

One thing that helped me is adding a rubber band between my TLC-X and the weight. This functions as a shock absorber and is handy when going up and down stairs when there is a bit more jostling than usual.
      Ah very insightful, thank you. I will consider scaling back my weight. I am not worried so much about movement, rather effectiveness.

Have you gained more with more weight, or less weight? Or have you noticed?
      PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Personally, I subscribe to the idea of accumulated time spent tugging rather than the force. Force matters, but not at the expense of time.

12 oz is the most comfortable which means I’m more likely to tug. More weight means more discomfort, which ultimately leads to more breaks needed. It’s easier for me to tug with 12 oz for 4 hours rather than, say, 20 oz for 1 hour, break, then repeat 3x to get a total of 4 hours. If I get distracted with a task, I’m likely to forget re-applying the tugger any of those three times.

That’s what has worked for me. You’ll probably have to experiment to find what’s best for you.

Comment

Working...
        X