Purse String Suture - Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purse String Suture - Is it worth it?

Is the Purse String Suture a cosmetic touch up, or is it an effective restoration technique?

Will the skin - post suture, stretch on it's own?

Is tugging much more effective?

Just wondering if doing a suture will actually grow you a foreskin over time without actually tugging.
    PROGRESS GALLERY

Short answers based on my understanding: 1) primarily cosmetic, 2) perhaps a little, 3) yes almost certainly.

The theory we are working under is that tension triggers cells to grow more skin. If the purse string surgery resulted in enough tension to trigger cells to grow more skin, then it could be a way to grow more skin.

But I would think this effect would be self limiting, as more skin was grown, the tension would be less, at some point it would presumably go below whatever the threshold is that triggers more skin growth. For example, we do not hear from men who simply grew more skin and restored simply because they were cut tight. And it is worth pointing out that using typical methods, we are often doing things to increase the amount of tension compared to what we may have started with. with the purse string, there is no option to add tension over time, as you grow more skin, at least form the little I know about it.

So I would suggest it is not likely to be an effective way to restore, in and of itself, but it may provide a small supplement to conventional restoration techniques, for a short period of time.

I would also suggest that I have not seen any evidence it is needed, even cosmetically, over simply growing enough skin to achieve full flaccid coverage most of the time. To me it is not worth it. It will interrupt your restoration, there are too many variables to predict how well it will achieve even a cosmetic result that is better than you would otherwise get, and it is unlikely to add significantly to your restoration. I am not even considering it, nor would I personally, until several years after I have completed my restoration and had a chance for the skin to return to normal, and I have had a chance to see how happy I am with the results as they are.

Regards

Comment

The suture is done purely as an aesthetic choice. Guys who're done restoring (based on what I've read), worry about the regrown skin not being/looking naturally tight.
      I have never heard of anyone trying to grow skin using that method...if I had to take a guess, I'd say it's probably not very effective (greg_b made some good points there), and I feel pretty certain that it would be painful, as well.
      I have heard from multiple guys who have completed their restoration that the skin will, with time, tighten up a bit and look more natural...without getting the suture.

Comment

Ok, that clears it up for me. Thank you. I assumed this was the case, just wanted to make sure... if it did generate a lot of skin, it might be worth doing it...
        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

You do NOT want anything that introduces scar tissue. Especially at the roll over point. Growing more skin is the answer. The other thing is that whe you stop tugging for a while, your skin will naturally tighten up quite a bit. You also get some rebound shrinkage of about 10% or so. Another reason to grow MORE than you think youll need. Screw surgery! Once was more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
            You do NOT want anything that introduces scar tissue. Especially at the roll over point. Growing more skin is the answer. The other thing is that whe you stop tugging for a while, your skin will naturally tighten up quite a bit. You also get some rebound shrinkage of about 10% or so. Another reason to grow MORE than you think youll need. Screw surgery! Once was more than enough.
            Yes, I see the point, why not be patient and let the skin do the work! I guess there are no shortcuts.

I want to look into getting a device with some sort of heat, maybe a rechargeable battery that heats the cone or tugger. I feel like a small innovation could speed up the process and make it easier for the average joe to restore. But then you put radiation into play and who knows the side effects of heat on the area...

I am honestly impressed with the options out there for devices. Seems like Ron's TLC is the only company offering multiple ways of tugging with a little variation on the same product line. I just seem to think that there might be an idea out there that can totally change the restoration game. We went from tape to a plethora of fantastic devices, maybe we will see this thing go mainstream soon.

I can't believe how many men are restoring, I looked on ebay, this guy sells tons of cat 2 q's. There certainly is money to be made is someone could come out with a revolutionary design, even better than the ones we have now.
            PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Hi Salamander, I had a "tightening procedure done 20 or so years ago wanting to put an end to over 5 years of tugging to a CI 5 or so and have regretted it ever since. The process involved cutting the skin just a 1/4" or so on the top and a little larger on the bottom and then stitched shut in the opposite direction, as in cut horizontally and stitched closed vertically. This did tighten the opening somewhat and the skin hugged my glans most of the time, but it also produced small puckers of skin on each end of the stitched cut. So now I have these weird bumps in my new foreskin. Worse yet, whenever I got hot or maybe a quarter of the way erect, my glans would roll out and say HI. So back in 2011 I decided to renew my tugging program with the hope that I will grow enough skin to prevent unwanted roll out and hide the damage done by the tightening process. Pic attached shows the puckers on the underside which are considerably larger than the top, but not very appealing regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by TuggingNLA View Post
                Hi Salamander, I had a "tightening procedure done 20 or so years ago wanting to put an end to over 5 years of tugging to a CI 5 or so and have regretted it ever since. The process involved cutting the skin just a 1/4" or so on the top and a little larger on the bottom and then stitched shut in the opposite direction, as in cut horizontally and stitched closed vertically. This did tighten the opening somewhat and the skin hugged my glans most of the time, but it also produced small puckers of skin on each end of the stitched cut. So now I have these weird bumps in my new foreskin. Worse yet, whenever I got hot or maybe a quarter of the way erect, my glans would roll out and say HI. So back in 2011 I decided to renew my tugging program with the hope that I will grow enough skin to prevent unwanted roll out and hide the damage done by the tightening process. Pic attached shows the puckers on the underside which are considerably larger than the top, but not very appealing regardless.
                I hear you. I guess you went for the other touch up procedure offered. Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps the suture would have been more effective... Seems like better off just getting more skin.
                PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Do we have here, or are there any on the web, pictures of penises after this proceedure has been done?

Comment

Jim Begelow's "The Joy of Uncircumcising" recounts the experience of one early restorer, who had a platinum ring surgically inserted into the tip of his foreskin remnant to facilitate his restoration (on page 193 of the ©2003 PDF edition). The ring was to be surgically removed after completion of his restoration.

The problem with this strategy was:
                    "the implanted ring caused fibrous tissue to form around it such that the individual had a visible, raised fibrous ring within the skin of the penis after the platinum ring was removed."

Pleeease! Oh Pleeesae! Stay away from surgical methods! Stay away from surgical touchups! We now know that they are counterproductive. They cause more scarification.

Only tugging causes the addition of new cells by cell division. Only tugging produces the nearly perfect results we see after tugging efforts are completed and we give the tissue a rest of a year or more to normalize. In the end, I was delighted to realize that my growing foreskin had no choice but to follow its DNA program. Surgical interventions do not do this.

David
                    World As Monkey Island

I declared myself finished restoring with 3/4 erect coverage (CI-8.5) in 2005. I primarily used T-tape, strapping up and around my waist.
                    I've participated in NORM meetings in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle (RECAP), and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Every doubt, reservation, or concern I had about my restoration was resolved by achieving additional foreskin LENGTH.....So just KOT !

Comment

Working...
                    X