Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we keep the glans covered at all times?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we keep the glans covered at all times?

I read that it's important to never leave the glans uncovered, how do we keep the glans protected 24/7 when we're not restoring? (e.g . like while sleeping), do we tie the tip with a rubberband? Is there a device we can use to keep the glans covered easily/comfortably at all times when the restorer is off?

You could check out the 'your skin cone' from TLC tugger. https://tlctugger.com/your-skin-cone/

I definitely might be wrong here but I don't think it is super important to try to cover the glans 24/7 until you have a lot of restored skin to 'help' with that effort. Personally I haven't made that effort yet and I have pretty solid coverage while I am flaccid. The cone would be a cheap way to give it a try though. Hope that helps!

Comment

Keeping the glans covered does help to restore the natural texture, gloss, colour and smell. The restoration of my glans was one of the triumphs for me in my long journey. As soon as I could, I wore an O ring when not tugging to facilitate the process. Don't select a ring that is too tight if you are going to wear it at night. The one in the picture would pop off if I got a nocturnal erection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oring.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	31974
      Attached Files

Comment

IF you have enough skin, O-rings work great. If not, don't worry about it until you do.

Comment

I want to try retaining for real eventually as well but the o ring LOOKS like it might hinder blood flow slightly. And the tlc cone may fall off during movement without underwear holding it tight. I am interested in any alternatives or how anyone gets by with the skin cone, a superb invention. Anyone use the fail safe string, is it convenient or a hassle? On and off for bathroom visits annoying or easy?

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
            I am interested in any alternatives
            I think the baby bottle nipple retainer is great, better than the TLC cone if you ask me. You just have to find a nipple that is the right size, the Dr Brown wide neck nipples work for me.

But while I have tried the nipple retainer and it has done a good job of retaining, I only retained for a short time before deciding to just not bother.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsprofile View Post

I think the baby bottle nipple retainer is great, better than the TLC cone if you ask me. You just have to find a nipple that is the right size, the Dr Brown wide neck nipples work for me.

But while I have tried the nipple retainer and it has done a good job of retaining, I only retained for a short time before deciding to just not bother.
              Yeah, I figure it won't be an authentic restoration until the sensitivity starts coming back without help.

Comment

Sometimes simple is better, along with the other suggestions, I'll add a couple more. Depending on how much loose skin you have, a simple tape strap does a very good job of keeping the glans covered. I fold the very edge over on each side so I can remove easier. If you're a very tight cut like me, you don't want to do this overnight, the nocturnal erection can be too much tension. I had to release in a hurry when I tried taping overnight.

You can also look into a device called the man hood. It's a very soft material made to cushion the glans, They also have a hood for tuggers that is supposed to help keep glans covered. I've used these for over a year.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Usseeerrrr View Post
                  I read that it's important to never leave the glans uncovered, how do we keep the glans protected 24/7 when we're not restoring? (e.g . like while sleeping), do we tie the tip with a rubberband? Is there a device we can use to keep the glans covered easily/comfortably at all times when the restorer is off?
                  Why do you think it is important to do that? If you simply read someone saying that, and they did not give any reason, then think about what you think is important about it. if they did state why they thought is was important, then consider whether you agree with that.

I am happy to argue it is not important, because the reasons people give for it being important are not important to me. My goal has been to grow skin, and I am doing that fine without keeping my glans covered.

If you feel it is important, there are many ways to protect your glans, some of which have been mentioned.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post

Why do you think it is important to do that? If you simply read someone saying that, and they did not give any reason, then think about what you think is important about it. if they did state why they thought is was important, then consider whether you agree with that.

I am happy to argue it is not important, because the reasons people give for it being important are not important to me. My goal has been to grow skin, and I am doing that fine without keeping my glans covered.

If you feel it is important, there are many ways to protect your glans, some of which have been mentioned.

Regards
                    The reason people do it is clear: increased sensitivity.

It's almost like opening the presents before Christmas.

Comment

I use the DTR retainer when I'm not actually stretching. After a couple years of restoring, I have found that I HAVE to keep it covered. Even just lounging in pajamas is too rough now.

Comment

How acts restored foreskin while doing sports because there is a lot of moving? Do you have to correct it all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post

The reason people do it is clear: increased sensitivity.

It's almost like opening the presents before Christmas.
                          Sure, but I was asking the OP, not you, to get him to consider why he thinks it is important.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Simchhh View Post
                            How acts restored foreskin while doing sports because there is a lot of moving? Do you have to correct it all the time?
                            If you start with a freshly washed device and skin and wear briefs to keep the Your-Skin Cone's weight from pulling it down, you might be able to run and jump and stop and start. But we should ALWAYS be prepared for a device to loosen before we planned. On a few occasions while biking I have reached UP my shorts to get hold of a loose cone and put it in my pocket until later.
                            -Ron Low
                            Service@TLCTugger.com
                            847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Because I'm a grower I can't keep it covered 24/7 even after years of restoring. Gets too tight during an erection.

You just don't worry about it till you can I guess.

One day...

PS: Your skin doesn't stay on at all. Ron you need to design one without the gigantic lip that gets stuck on everything and falls off. The device is completely useless.
                              Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

See my progress gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X