Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time does it take you to put on your device?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time does it take you to put on your device?

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering how long it takes all of you to put on your device of choice. I currently own a TLC-X, and I find that sometimes I have to spend quite a bit of time trying to get it on just right. Quite often, the skin doesn't lay smoothly or is overly bunched up. Sometimes, I have to take the device off multiple times to get just the right feel and this forces me to try again and again. I try to get the skin bunched up as much as possible at the top of the silicone, but often find that it's not all distributed as I would like. I am an experienced restorer, but have been pondering these questions for a while:

1. Do you find that you're pretty quick when it comes to putting your devices on? How long does it take you? What about bathroom breaks? Anything to bring for sanitation?
    2. For the TLC-X users, are you able to get the skin pretty evenly distributed under the cone? I'm concerned that I'm tensioning certain parts more than others and am unable to get an even pull.

Any other general advice/comments are welcome! Thanks so much!

I don’t know how long you’ve had your TLC-X, but for me after 2 years of usage it’s just taking me 1 to 2 minutes to put it on. Obviously it goes much faster now than at the start. There are 2 reasons for that I guess:
    1) you get to know the device better and you get more experienced in knowing how it works best for you. I guess the best way of using it might also differ slightly between users.
    2) with progress, there’s more skin available which reduces the risk of slipping and eases the application of the device.

I also changed my way of applying the device as time went by. During the last year, I’ve started using cotton pads (round ones for make-up removal) on top of the pusher, which avoids irritation due to friction with the edge pushing directly onto the glans. I used to get some irritation at my frenulum remnant every once in a while, which now almost never occurs any more. I do apply moisturising cream on the pad such that the inner skin can glide over it, because otherwise it wouldn’t receive proper tension.

For your second part, I can see how an uneven circumcision might make it harder to evenly distribute the skin when applying the device. I also had a bit of an uneven cut, but I’m gradually trying to balance that out. I tend to pull a little bit more skin onto the device on the side where I have shorter skin, such that it receives more tension while the device is on. I also focus on that side with manual tugging. Now I can say that it got more even, but my starting point was only slightly uneven, about 5mm (0.2 inch) or so. If you have only limited skin to use the device, this might not be possible for you yet, but then I’d recommend to also use manual methods to try and even thing out.

I hope this helps a bit! Good luck!
    There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

I use a TLC X and I have devised a way to put it on that is quick and easy. First, clean the device thoroughly so itsiterally squeaky clean. Then take the retaining cone and fold it back on itself half way and find something to stick it in to hold it that way while you get the device body on. Get your skin hiked up as high and evenly on the device body as possible and hold it there with an OK sign type of grip. Now, with the other hand, pick up the retaining cone by your finger tips, keeping it folded back and lower it into position. Then in one fluid and quick motion flip the sides down and remove your hand from the device. Keep some tension on the device at this point to prevent slippage. I highly recommend using a rubber grommet to keep the retaining cone in place. Now push the usher in and out a few times rapidly. This will flatten out the skin on the inside. Next even up the skin on the outside all the way around. I like to have about 1/4" gap at the top of the retaining cone. This may sound complicated, but once you master it its easy. Takes me 30 seconds and I usually get it right the first try. See attached pics.

Comment

Originally posted by BelgianChris View Post
        I don’t know how long you’ve had your TLC-X, but for me after 2 years of usage it’s just taking me 1 to 2 minutes to put it on. Obviously it goes much faster now than at the start. There are 2 reasons for that I guess:
        1) you get to know the device better and you get more experienced in knowing how it works best for you. I guess the best way of using it might also differ slightly between users.
        2) with progress, there’s more skin available which reduces the risk of slipping and eases the application of the device.

I also changed my way of applying the device as time went by. During the last year, I’ve started using cotton pads (round ones for make-up removal) on top of the pusher, which avoids irritation due to friction with the edge pushing directly onto the glans. I used to get some irritation at my frenulum remnant every once in a while, which now almost never occurs any more. I do apply moisturising cream on the pad such that the inner skin can glide over it, because otherwise it wouldn’t receive proper tension.

For your second part, I can see how an uneven circumcision might make it harder to evenly distribute the skin when applying the device. I also had a bit of an uneven cut, but I’m gradually trying to balance that out. I tend to pull a little bit more skin onto the device on the side where I have shorter skin, such that it receives more tension while the device is on. I also focus on that side with manual tugging. Now I can say that it got more even, but my starting point was only slightly uneven, about 5mm (0.2 inch) or so. If you have only limited skin to use the device, this might not be possible for you yet, but then I’d recommend to also use manual methods to try and even thing out.

I hope this helps a bit! Good luck!
        I restored for about a year and then stopped after a while. I'm looking to potentially get back into it, it's just that the amount of time and energy it takes must be compatible with my current schedule. I know in essence it really doesn't take that long, but between bathroom breaks, random erections, and cleaning, it definitely adds up a bit for me.

That's a pretty good tip with the cotton ball. Thanks for the advice!

I don't think the issue is that I don't have enough skin, but that I can't evenly distribute it under the cone. I want to say that it's almost a guarantee that skin will be bunching or folding somewhere under the cone. I just can't seem to get a consistent level (skin to the top of the white silicon) without multiple tries. Maybe this is the norm?

By the way, would you recommend the manual method? I never had this as part of my routine, but did read about it. Is that extra time worth it? Are the results really that significant?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
          I use a TLC X and I have devised a way to put it on that is quick and easy. First, clean the device thoroughly so itsiterally squeaky clean. Then take the retaining cone and fold it back on itself half way and find something to stick it in to hold it that way while you get the device body on. Get your skin hiked up as high and evenly on the device body as possible and hold it there with an OK sign type of grip. Now, with the other hand, pick up the retaining cone by your finger tips, keeping it folded back and lower it into position. Then in one fluid and quick motion flip the sides down and remove your hand from the device. Keep some tension on the device at this point to prevent slippage. I highly recommend using a rubber grommet to keep the retaining cone in place. Now push the usher in and out a few times rapidly. This will flatten out the skin on the inside. Next even up the skin on the outside all the way around. I like to have about 1/4" gap at the top of the retaining cone. This may sound complicated, but once you master it its easy. Takes me 30 seconds and I usually get it right the first try. See attached pics.
          This sounds like incredibly useful advice and something that I am looking for. The only thing is that I want to clarify the fold in the cone. You mean to say that you inverse it? Kind of like a sock, lifting the outside over the top? Then just quickly let it go back to its neutral position at the exact moment that you let go of the ok symbol around your skin? Also, where would be a good place to purchase a grommet, and why is it so advantageous?

Thanks again for your time!

Comment

Yup. You got it. This gives you the extra split second you need to trap more skin before it recedes back a bit. You know you got it right when you hear an audible "snap". Its kind of like the way you flip down the retaining cone on a DTR. Check out their video. You can get a grommet at any hardware store. You have to make a cut down one side so you can get it in there and you may have to grind the thickness down a bit. When your device is under tension the grommet should float a bit so it does not increase the clamping pressure. Dont need a blue foreskin! (Unless you're a smurf).

Comment

Originally posted by urethramaster View Post

I restored for about a year and then stopped after a while. I'm looking to potentially get back into it, it's just that the amount of time and energy it takes must be compatible with my current schedule. I know in essence it really doesn't take that long, but between bathroom breaks, random erections, and cleaning, it definitely adds up a bit for me.

That's a pretty good tip with the cotton ball. Thanks for the advice!

I don't think the issue is that I don't have enough skin, but that I can't evenly distribute it under the cone. I want to say that it's almost a guarantee that skin will be bunching or folding somewhere under the cone. I just can't seem to get a consistent level (skin to the top of the white silicon) without multiple tries. Maybe this is the norm?

By the way, would you recommend the manual method? I never had this as part of my routine, but did read about it. Is that extra time worth it? Are the results really that significant?

Thanks again for all of your help!
              I've always combined manual with the TLC-X, so I cannot really say how much each method contributes, but I believe that for me it really helps to focus on the inner skin. I'm slowly starting to see more progress there, but I had very little inner skin to begin with.

For the cotton, I really use the round flat pads, as they are most convenient for me. I tried cotton balls at some stage, but they were just not as handy. I included a picture of pads similar to the ones I use. These have also got some stitches around which avoids that the pad tears up in layers, as some of these tend to do.

For the manual tugging, I use methods 4/5 and the squeeze-stretch method, as shown here:
              http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...method-4-and-5
              http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...stretch-method
              There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Comment

Originally posted by parsecskin View Post
                Yup. You got it. This gives you the extra split second you need to trap more skin before it recedes back a bit. You know you got it right when you hear an audible "snap". Its kind of like the way you flip down the retaining cone on a DTR. Check out their video. You can get a grommet at any hardware store. You have to make a cut down one side so you can get it in there and you may have to grind the thickness down a bit. When your device is under tension the grommet should float a bit so it does not increase the clamping pressure. Dont need a blue foreskin! (Unless you're a smurf).
                Ah I see! Thanks again for the wonderful advice!

Comment

I've always combined manual with the TLC-X, so I cannot really say how much each method contributes, but I believe that for me it really helps to focus on the inner skin. I'm slowly starting to see more progress there, but I had very little inner skin to begin with.

For the cotton, I really use the round flat pads, as they are most convenient for me. I tried cotton balls at some stage, but they were just not as handy. I included a picture of pads similar to the ones I use. These have also got some stitches around which avoids that the pad tears up in layers, as some of these tend to do.

For the manual tugging, I use methods 4/5 and the squeeze-stretch method, as shown here:
                  http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...method-4-and-5
                  http://www.restoringforeskin.org/pub...stretch-method
                  Thanks for the further documentation and links! Do these also help with absorbing any extra urine which may have remained after a bathroom break? Or is that unrelated?

Comment

That has happened, but that’s unintentional then. On a regular day that doesn’t seem to happen. I always use plenty of moisturising cream such that the cotton pad remains moist all day (I topically tug around 10 hours at work and do manual at home at night in front of the TV).

I just updated my progress gallery BTW with side-by-side comparisons of 2 years ago, 1 year ago and today. I’m happy with the results I’m getting, although some seem to progress faster. I’m beyond my initial target anyhow and got to full flaccid coverage with consistent overhang, so all I add now is just a bonus

Comment

That has happened, but that’s unintentional then. On a regular day that doesn’t seem to happen. I always use plenty of moisturising cream such that the cotton pad remains moist all day (I topically tug around 10 hours at work and do manual at home at night in front of the TV).

I just updated my progress gallery BTW with side-by-side comparisons of 2 years ago, 1 year ago and today. I’m happy with the results I’m getting, although some seem to progress faster. I’m beyond my initial target anyhow and got to full flaccid coverage with consistent overhang, so all I add now is just a bonus
                      Thanks so much for the great info! I really appreciate your help and advice!

Comment

No problem, feel free to ask for input if anything is unclear!

Comment

Working...
                        X