Spring Tension vs Pusher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Tension vs Pusher

Hey all- can anyone speak to the efficacy of spring loaded or rubber band tension vs just using a pusher? I use a TLC-X and both the pusher/collet and the springs have their respective pros and cons in terms of comfort, but wondering if one is more efficient in terms of creating inner tension.

Originally posted by sup9046 View Post
    Hey all- can anyone speak to the efficacy of spring loaded or rubber band tension vs just using a pusher? I use a TLC-X and both the pusher/collet and the springs have their respective pros and cons in terms of comfort, but wondering if one is more efficient in terms of creating inner tension.
    Pushing can be accomplished with:
    - fixed displacement of the Pusher secured with the Collet
    - elastic tension on the Pusher supplied by rubber bands
    - elastic tension on the Pusher with internal spring(s)

With any tension source we need to fine-tune the amount of gentle tension until it's optimal. I recommend the 4-Hour Rule: http://TLCTugger.com/4-hour-rule/ It says to start near zero and experimentally increase the tension by a small increment only after a few successful 4-hour stints. You've got enough tension when it only occasionally gets uncomfortable before you were otherwise ready to be done.

With fixed displacement you can see how far you've extended the pusher. With rubber bands, you can see how many rubber bands you've stretched and by what percent elongation. But with springs you really don't have the precise control to conduct the 4-Hour Rule experiments. TLC-X with Springs should be considered an advanced technique for folks who are really familiar with what gentle tension feels like, and the most compelling reason to give up that precise control would seem to be the need for a device as compact and discreet as possible.
    -Ron Low
    Service@TLCTugger.com
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I guess this makes sense- I have been using standard tension for a long time, and I had gotten to the place where I could comfortably extend the long pusher almost all the way to the top of the device, and keep it on with a strap for four hours. I was confused because the spring did not cause the pusher to extend nearly as far as I could get it manually, except it did cause discomfort, only when strapped though. Should I add more selects if I’m feeling like I have a lot of slack skin? And then just push the pusher in less deep?

Comment

Working...
      X