Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 5 years of restoring and need some help

Hello everyone,

this is is my first post here, though have been reading many posts from other folks for years. I have been restoring for almost 5 years and I feel as though I have hit a wall over the last year or so. Perhaps I can give a bit of context.

I began restoring in the fall of 2014 when I bought my first DTR, which I combined with manual tugging and retaining. Growth over the first two years was amazing. In particular, the glide action got rid of the annoying pain and dissatisfaction with my tight circumcision (I started at CL-0, with very little sensitivity and years of abuse from a death grip). After about a year, I stopped manual tugging and began packing with a retainer.

Since then, I have continued to grow more skin, but it has not been as noticeable (ie, the bunching up behind the glans). I have reached a point where I can easily pull my new slack skin over my entire glans when erect, though when I am flaccid, my skin still tends to bunch up behind it. Don’t get me wrong, the extra skin and the glide action are phenomenal, and the sensitivity from my inner foreskin is fantastic (also, I seem to have quite a bit of frenulum left, for which I am immensely grateful), yet I can’t seem to maintain coverage over my glans unless I am wearing my briefs throughout the day. I’ve stopped wearing my retainer because it seems to get urine in it throughout the day and it feels unsanitary. I also just don’t like the feeling of having it on all day.

As I approach my 5 year mark, I am both grateful that I’ve been able to grow as much as I have, and annoyed that I still don’t have full flaccid coverage. I feel that dekeratinization of the glans must be when most of the sensitivity returns. Recently, I purchased a Bathmate after hearing many tales of it helping to restore foreskin. I’ve also begun tugging 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night using MM2/MM3. I still wear my DTR on the highest setting I can for about 5 hours a day. I’d wear it more but I have a very physically demanding job. I’m wondering if there is something I am missing. It seems that many people have been tugging for less time than I have and have had faster results. Am I tugging too much, too hard? Should I be tugging in brief, frequent intervals? Should I be wearing the DTR on a less intense setting?

Anyadvice is greatly appreciated. I should also say that I am a very healthy 29 year old in tip top shape. No smoking, no drinking. Clean living. I know that I can grow skin, because I’ve grown plenty and it hasn’t already changed my sex life for the better. I just need to figure out how to get out of this lull. Thank you so much, and sorry for the essay.

Also, this is where I am now. I don’t have a before photo, but it was tight and dry and awful. This new skin is amazing. Just wish I had more!

Comment

You are at "The Wall" stage as am I. Just keep at it. Remember you need to grow at minimum 15 square inches of skin, a 3x5 card size at least! KOT!

Comment

It amazes me no end, just to get comfortable erections on how much skin those of us who were cut exceedingly short need to grow.

Then on top of that, we need to grow the equivalent of a 3x5 card to feel and appear to be "normal"

None of this happens in a short time.

Patience is truly a virtue in a venture like this.

Just a visual reminder of what is lost, from the red felt tip marks flaccid and then erect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 22.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	34264

Comment

It appears to be just barely starting to roll over, so coverage shouldn't be far away. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get there. With all the skin currently bunched up behind the corona, I'm guessing it might roll over to cover half the glans, once that happens.

For those of us who started out with tight skin, it's easy to underestimate the amount of skin that we need to grow for coverage. I think this is one of the reasons behind the popularity of tugging devices that keep the glans covered - they provide a sort of substitute foreskin while you're waiting for the real thing to develop.

Comment

Most guys who have hit the hump have said they start to see renewed progress by changing whatever stretching techniques they are currently using for something different

Comment

Hello Agnimitra, you are progressing well. Not everyone develops at the same rate, but natural roll-over for a reliable flaccid coverage can require a long wait and a lot of tugging. I started in 2004 and achieved a fauxskin that would stay in place without rolling back sometime in 2014, 10 years later. As you have found out, there are many enjoyable benefits to be had along the way. I have a pictorial blog on this forum that is a diary of my restoration and it might encourage you. Woody

Comment

Wow! WoodyHoody, your progress is amazing. The before and after transformation gives me a lot of inspiration. 10 years is a long time, but at least I know that I am not the only one. I read posts of men who seem to be fully restored in less than a year and I find it baffling.

Ultimately, the shiny glans is what I am really after. I had it briefly when I was retaining 24/7, but it felt like too much work to always be wearing a device. I am grateful that I seem to have 50% coverage during the day now. My nocturnal erections seem to prevent me from having coverage at night, but I know that I will get there with time.

Comment

Yes, 10 years was a long time. 5 years later I am still tugging, but only for short periods each day. As you are only 29 years old, you will still be a young 40 something when you are done, with many years ahead of you to enjoy your restoration. Sadly I was 58 before I discovered FR and I am 72 now. I am convinced that my restoration has enabled me to have a full sex life at this stage in my life. Without doubt, some restorers have experienced very fast results, but there are others whose rapid progress needs to be viewed with a large pinch of salt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agnimitra View Post
                    Hello everyone,

this is is my first post here, though have been reading many posts from other folks for years. I have been restoring for almost 5 years and I feel as though I have hit a wall over the last year or so. Perhaps I can give a bit of context.

I began restoring in the fall of 2014 when I bought my first DTR, which I combined with manual tugging and retaining. Growth over the first two years was amazing. In particular, the glide action got rid of the annoying pain and dissatisfaction with my tight circumcision (I started at CL-0, with very little sensitivity and years of abuse from a death grip). After about a year, I stopped manual tugging and began packing with a retainer.

Since then, I have continued to grow more skin, but it has not been as noticeable (ie, the bunching up behind the glans). I have reached a point where I can easily pull my new slack skin over my entire glans when erect, though when I am flaccid, my skin still tends to bunch up behind it. Don’t get me wrong, the extra skin and the glide action are phenomenal, and the sensitivity from my inner foreskin is fantastic (also, I seem to have quite a bit of frenulum left, for which I am immensely grateful), yet I can’t seem to maintain coverage over my glans unless I am wearing my briefs throughout the day. I’ve stopped wearing my retainer because it seems to get urine in it throughout the day and it feels unsanitary. I also just don’t like the feeling of having it on all day.

As I approach my 5 year mark, I am both grateful that I’ve been able to grow as much as I have, and annoyed that I still don’t have full flaccid coverage. I feel that dekeratinization of the glans must be when most of the sensitivity returns. Recently, I purchased a Bathmate after hearing many tales of it helping to restore foreskin. I’ve also begun tugging 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night using MM2/MM3. I still wear my DTR on the highest setting I can for about 5 hours a day. I’d wear it more but I have a very physically demanding job. I’m wondering if there is something I am missing. It seems that many people have been tugging for less time than I have and have had faster results. Am I tugging too much, too hard? Should I be tugging in brief, frequent intervals? Should I be wearing the DTR on a less intense setting?

Anyadvice is greatly appreciated. I should also say that I am a very healthy 29 year old in tip top shape. No smoking, no drinking. Clean living. I know that I can grow skin, because I’ve grown plenty and it hasn’t already changed my sex life for the better. I just need to figure out how to get out of this lull. Thank you so much, and sorry for the essay.
                    We feel your pain!

I'll add my name to the list of people stuck at "the wall" stage, before flaccid coverage. My coverage is excellent only after I take off my underwear (my retaining device), but soon disappears as rebounding occurs. The sheer amount of skin needed to get REAL coverage that is reliable is incredible. It is the big plateau, possibly the most important milestone of restoration. Think of the bright side, when you do get reliable flaccid coverage, you can safely say that you are restored. The rest is icing on the cake, and up to the tugger whether or not to pursue erect coverage... Or the kneecap.

Sounds like your routine is working, if it gets stagnant, then you must change it. Watch closely, make sure you are still making progress. Make sure the device is doing what it is designed to do, and if not, get a new one. Everyone evolves and adapts, making slight changes, maybe even big changes, making sure progress is happening. If you are healthy and fit, all I can suggest is maybe taking a multi vitamin...

If anything hinders progress, it is usually a bad application of a device. You need at least 10 to 18 oz of tension. Feel something that heavy and compare it to your strap tension... Sounds like you have a winning plan, 5 hours should be plenty... 8 is ideal. MJWISE got 12 hours a day in, and was covered in 2 yrs. I believe he also used a DTR.

Good luck!
                    Last edited by salamander6773; 05-15-2019, 08:00 PM.
                    PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post

We feel your pain!

I'll add my name to the list of people stuck at "the wall" stage, before flaccid coverage. My coverage is excellent only after I take off my underwear (my retaining device), but soon disappears as rebounding occurs. The sheer amount of skin needed to get REAL coverage that is reliable is incredible. It is the big plateau, possibly the most important milestone of restoration. Think of the bright side, when you do get reliable flaccid coverage, you can safely say that you are restored. The rest is icing on the cake, and up to the tugger whether or not to pursue erect coverage... Or the kneecap.

Sounds like your routine is working, if it gets stagnant, then you must change it. Watch closely, make sure you are still making progress. Make sure the device is doing what it is designed to do, and if not, get a new one. Everyone evolves and adapts, making slight changes, maybe even big changes, making sure progress is happening. If you are healthy and fit, all I can suggest is maybe taking a multi vitamin...

If anything hinders progress, it is usually a bad application of a device. You need at least 10 to 18 lbs of tension. Feel something that heavy and compare it to your strap tension... Sounds like you have a winning plan, 5 hours should be plenty... 8 is ideal. MJWISE got 12 hours a day in, and was covered in 2 yrs. I believe he also used a DTR.

Good luck!
                      please state your sources for 10-18 pounds of tension. are you trying to get this man to rip his penis clear off his body?

Comment

I think he meant ounces.

10-18 pounds is possible, but inadvisable:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jim_best_jugs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	34319

Photo credit goes to the late Dr. James A. Haughey (pronounced "hoy"), inventor of a restoration device called the Tug Ahoy.
                        http://intactwiki.org/wiki/James_A._Haughey
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tommyreptar3 View Post

please state your sources for 10-18 pounds of tension. are you trying to get this man to rip his penis clear off his body?
                          hahaha, my bad man. I edited that I meant OUNCES, YES OUNCES!
                          PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
                            I think he meant ounces.

10-18 pounds is possible, but inadvisable:

Click image for larger version Name:	jim_best_jugs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.7 KB ID:	34319

Photo credit goes to the late Dr. James A. Haughey (pronounced "hoy"), inventor of a restoration device called the Tug Ahoy.
                            http://intactwiki.org/wiki/James_A._Haughey
                            hahahahaha

That milk gave him some nice tan lines hahahaha

post of the year ^^^^
                            PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

I don’t know how anyone can wear a DTR for more than 6 hours a day. For me, my skin gets too tender and I have to take it off for long periods of time. But I usually wear it on the highest setting possible. Is there merit in wearing it with less tension?

Comment

Working...
                              X