Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call-out for Australia / NZ restorers - SBS The Feed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Call-out for Australia / NZ restorers - SBS The Feed

    Australian and NZ restorers please get in touch.

    I'm a producer with SBS' The Feed program and I'm looking into a story on foreskin restoration.

    I'm just in the research phase so please don't be hesitant about contacting me. It won't be an interview, it'll be a confidential background chat to learn about the scene here.

    Ultimately however I am looking for people who want to share their story and see a public interest in doing so. My TV report will likely be about 10 minutes long, will feature a number of stories, it'll will air in early July, and most importantly, people will be treated with respect. The Feed is not tabloid, rather we're known for telling compassionate, informative stories with heart.

    Contact me on:

    +61 (0)439 782 727 (mobile, WhatsApp, Signal)

    [email protected]


    Thanks and I hope to hear from you ASAP.

    Cheers
    Colin Cosier
    Last edited by colincosier; 06-02-2019, 09:33 PM.

  • #2
    I'm curious, how many of you contacted Colin? I did, but he seemed fairly uninterested in my own story.

    Comment


    • #3
      I responded by email about a week ago but did not even receive and acknowledgement of my email

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Barry 47 View Post
        I responded by email about a week ago but did not even receive and acknowledgement of my email
        I hear the reporter is getting back to people as time allows.
        -Ron Low
        [email protected]
        847 414-1692 Chicago

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi guys, sorry if I've been slow getting in touch with everyone who contacted me. I've spoken to quite a few men and I've found those who will be in the story. Not everyone wanted to speak publicly on the record and that's fine, I enjoyed speaking with everyone and hearing the varied stories. Thanks again, Colin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dragons View Post
            I'm curious, how many of you contacted Colin? I did, but he seemed fairly uninterested in my own story.
            I'm sorry if I came across this way. I don't remember being uninterested in anyone's story. I did get to a point where I needed to focus on those who would speak publically and I apologies if I came across uninterested, it wasn't my intention. I'm grateful to all who wrote to me.

            Comment


            • #7
              When is likely to air

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by andy932 View Post
                When is it likely to air
                It will air early July, and be released to YouTube a week later.
                -Ron Low
                [email protected]
                847 414-1692 Chicago

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by admin View Post
                  It will air early July, and be released to YouTube a week later.
                  That's right, thanks Ron. For those in Australia, it'll air on Thursday 4 July, on The Feed, 8:30pm on SBS Viceland (SBS 2).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here is the video piece that the reporter filed. I'm delighted with it.

                    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed...e-to-australia
                    -Ron Low
                    [email protected]
                    847 414-1692 Chicago

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wow, that was very special... The mom and son moment at the end was touching. What a great mom.
                      PROGRESS GALLERY

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by admin View Post
                        Here is the video piece that the reporter filed. I'm delighted with it.

                        https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed...e-to-australia
                        I hadn't remembered the sound effects on the Howard Stern Show clip. Got a chuckle out of me.

                        That was the first time I've ever seen a crocheted dildo. I had no idea it was possible to get so detailed with a 3 dimensional object.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ron, it was short changed. My utter hatred of SBS - parent ABC (Australia) is totally confirmed once again.
                          Eg....
                          Advertised as Genital Obsession... First 10min's of Australian Christian Democrats internal political struggle, then Asian presenter saying Asian's are dumb skit, more presenter verbal dribble until after 19mins finally the main topic. (15min + some after discussion). Wonder how many potential viewers turned off by this stage?
                          Max from Intact Australia spoke very well, then being the SBS a gay Jewish restorer for balance and then you via Howard stern.
                          So glad they Included Michael Little from Foreskin Revolution with many great comments.
                          Where this so called report lost the plot is not challenging the Circumciser in Sydney Dr. Anthony V. Dilley who has performed 25,000+ over 20 years....
                          He either mis spoke or really does offers a unique circumcision = GENERAL ANESTHETIC (Much more expensive)
                          From the 70's it was supposed to be local anesthetic yet even TODAY Religious ones and my era pre 1970's in Australia are / were NO ANESTHETIC.
                          Dr. Dilley also demonstrated the small amount removed on his glove and this is incorrect as it s typically 50-80% of skin length, plus that fathers don't know how to look after a nature son? Why they didn't comment it is easier .... only the owner allowed to pull back skin many many years into the future and H20 to wash is that so difficult?
                          Typical of the SBS Australia.
                          Guess it's a start and for a society as any discussion on the topic is welcome, Australians just needs better journalists / reporters (maybe regular private TV channel) and put it first as advertised. SBS ~ Sigh.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OzVic View Post
                            Dr. Dilley also demonstrated the small amount removed on his glove and this is incorrect as it s typically 50-80% of skin length, plus that fathers don't know how to look after a nature son?
                            I wish the doctor's comments would have been known to Winnel or myself. Easily debunked. But his motives were transparent.
                            -Ron Low
                            [email protected]
                            847 414-1692 Chicago

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OzVic View Post
                              Ron, it was short changed. My utter hatred of SBS - parent ABC (Australia) is totally confirmed once again.
                              Eg....
                              Advertised as Genital Obsession... First 10min's of Australian Christian Democrats internal political struggle, then Asian presenter saying Asian's are dumb skit, more presenter verbal dribble until after 19mins finally the main topic. (15min + some after discussion). Wonder how many potential viewers turned off by this stage?
                              Max from Intact Australia spoke very well, then being the SBS a gay Jewish restorer for balance and then you via Howard stern.
                              So glad they Included Michael Little from Foreskin Revolution with many great comments.
                              Where this so called report lost the plot is not challenging the Circumciser in Sydney Dr. Anthony V. Dilley who has performed 25,000+ over 20 years....
                              He either mis spoke or really does offers a unique circumcision = GENERAL ANESTHETIC (Much more expensive)
                              From the 70's it was supposed to be local anesthetic yet even TODAY Religious ones and my era pre 1970's in Australia are / were NO ANESTHETIC.
                              Dr. Dilley also demonstrated the small amount removed on his glove and this is incorrect as it s typically 50-80% of skin length, plus that fathers don't know how to look after a nature son? Why they didn't comment it is easier .... only the owner allowed to pull back skin many many years into the future and H20 to wash is that so difficult?
                              Typical of the SBS Australia.
                              Guess it's a start and for a society as any discussion on the topic is welcome, Australians just needs better journalists / reporters (maybe regular private TV channel) and put it first as advertised. SBS ~ Sigh.
                              Thanks for the feedback OzVic and fair criticism.

                              The Feed is a current affairs, comedy and music show and it always includes a mix of segments. I'm sorry if you expected all 55 minutes to be about restoration however that's not how our show works. The ordering of segments in the show isn't my job.

                              Dr Anthony Dilley was interviewed to show that circumcision in Australia is still practiced and to give the viewer insight into the thinking of a prominent practitioner. Meanwhile the glove demonstration was just that, a creative demonstration that I don't think should be expected to be a perfect example of a circumcision. The story doesn't attempt to be an activist piece against circumcision, nor was it pitched as such.

                              There's only so much that can be achieved in a 10 minute story and I devoted most of the time to hearing the personal experiences of people who are restoring their foreskin. I don't know of another Australian TV story that has done that. Personally, I find their experiences, including Ron's, moving and insightful. I'm grateful to Max, Chad and Ron for sharing their very personal stories so publically. I'm also grateful to the dozens of men who contacted me off the back of this call-out and Ron's own emails who privately shared their own stories and back grounded me on the world of foreskin restoration.

                              I'm glad that international viewers seem to be able to watch the SBS version here: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed...e-to-australia

                              The Youtube version will be out in a few days however YouTube being YouTube, we've had to censor Ron Low's Howard Stern appearance.

                              Thanks again everyone,

                              Colin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X