What brand of tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand of tape?

Going to be trying the canister from tlc tugger soon and I want to know what brand of tape would be best.

1. Mefix tape: I here good thinks about this tape but it’s expensive. Around $9 for 1 roll of the 2” compared to others you can get 6 rolls for $12.

2. Medipore tape: Almost just expensive as Mefix tape.

3. Micropore paper tape: cheap, breathable, doesn’t leave residue. I’m considering this tape.

4. Transpore plastic tape: also cheap, plastic so it’s waterproof, breathable but not as breathable as micropore? Stronger than micropore but leaves residue

5. Durapore: I think this is the strongest tape 3m makes

If there’s any other brands that you guys want to add feel free. I like the mefix tape but you only get 1 roll it’s too expensive.

I obviously want strong tape but I think the stronger versions might leave residue so if I’m using the tape 24/7 I’ll constantly have the residue on me which doesn’t sound good.

The paper micropore tape is cheap, breathable and doesn’t leave residue but the 3m site says it’s the least adhesive tape to dry skin out of all of their tapes.

Someone mentioned pink tape was super sticky in a google search but it’s kind of pricey on amazon.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-27-2019, 08:32 AM.

Greg b is the tape guru here (if I understand it correctly), so he'll answer soon, I'm sure. I used tape and a canister for years, used paper tape meant for contact with skin, because its' grip is adequate; worked fine for me. I used it in the clinic, too, for dressings.

Comment

I have used three tapes extensively. I started out using 3M Micropore Paper Tape. I used it for the pill tube method and for my own method of t-tape strips and an insert. It worked well, I could get 3 days out of it when I wanted, even taking a shower daily. I simply let the tape dry before adding tension. However, my experience was it would leave adhesive residue most every time, and that was a bit of a pain to remove. When I was only wearing it for 24 hours, I would soak it for a few minutes before trying to remove it, typically at the end of my morning shower. That made removal a lot easier.

After I had grown a lot of skin, I reached a point where, using t-tape strips and an insert, I needed a small dab of lubricant, This cause the Micropore tape to fail within hours. That was not working for me, so I tried Rejuveness. Essentially the same as Mefix from what I have read. Rejuveness worked well too, but had some differences. It is much more pliable, which I found both good and bad. Easier to shape, more comfortable, but a little harder to apply without getting it tangled up. And, Rejuveness withstood the lubricant like a champ. And left almost no residue, maybe a small patch once a month. I only left the tape on for 24 hours during this stage of my restoration, but with the lubricant, I doubt I could have gotten more than 24 hours anyway.

The third tape I have used I have only used with inflation, and just to attach the balloon to an air tube, not applied to my skin, so I do not think it will be useful to you. It is a foam tape, so quite thick, here is a link: https://www.nexcare.com/3M/en_US/nex...4857497&rt=rud

Some final tips:

The longer you wear it, the easier it will come off.

Soaking it in water makes removing easier.

When applying the tape, press firmly to help insure the adhesive is well attached to your skin. And wait a few minutes before applying tension to give the adhesive time to fully adhere.

When removing it, if you are having trouble, try rolling your skin off the tape, rather that pulling the tape off your skin. sounds silly, but it makes a big difference in terms of comfort. also, work slowly.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
        I have used three tapes extensively. I started out using 3M Micropore Paper Tape. I used it for the pill tube method and for my own method of t-tape strips and an insert. It worked well, I could get 3 days out of it when I wanted, even taking a shower daily. I simply let the tape dry before adding tension. However, my experience was it would leave adhesive residue most every time, and that was a bit of a pain to remove. When I was only wearing it for 24 hours, I would soak it for a few minutes before trying to remove it, typically at the end of my morning shower. That made removal a lot easier.

After I had grown a lot of skin, I reached a point where, using t-tape strips and an insert, I needed a small dab of lubricant, This cause the Micropore tape to fail within hours. That was not working for me, so I tried Rejuveness. Essentially the same as Mefix from what I have read. Rejuveness worked well too, but had some differences. It is much more pliable, which I found both good and bad. Easier to shape, more comfortable, but a little harder to apply without getting it tangled up. And, Rejuveness withstood the lubricant like a champ. And left almost no residue, maybe a small patch once a month. I only left the tape on for 24 hours during this stage of my restoration, but with the lubricant, I doubt I could have gotten more than 24 hours anyway.

The third tape I have used I have only used with inflation, and just to attach the balloon to an air tube, not applied to my skin, so I do not think it will be useful to you. It is a foam tape, so quite thick, here is a link: https://www.nexcare.com/3M/en_US/nex...4857497&rt=rud

Some final tips:

The longer you wear it, the easier it will come off.

Soaking it in water makes removing easier.

When applying the tape, press firmly to help insure the adhesive is well attached to your skin. And wait a few minutes before applying tension to give the adhesive time to fully adhere.

When removing it, if you are having trouble, try rolling your skin off the tape, rather that pulling the tape off your skin. sounds silly, but it makes a big difference in terms of comfort. also, work slowly.

Hope that helps.

Regards
        Nice glad to hear the micropore tape worked ok. Did it stay on well during high tension sessions? Micropore is probably the best cheaper option. Although I just read this today from an article comparing the tapes.

“Mefix is noted for being especially skin sensitive, no doubt thanks to the polyacrylate adhesive, which is water-based and 100 percent solvent-free.”

The fact that the mefix has that water based adhesive is a big plus being that the tape will be on 24/7. Any other application I wouldn’t care too much about the adhesive but this has to be on the penis basically 24/7 so you want the safest stuff you can find.

I would even wear the same wrap a couple of days to get my moneys worth out of the mefix. Can’t wait to stretch all day and night with comfort and see results.

Comment

I just ordered four 2” rolls of the mefix tape. It actually wasn’t a bad deal when you figure how long it should last. The 4 rolls should last me about a full year.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Nice glad to hear the micropore tape worked ok. Did it stay on well during high tension sessions? Micropore is probably the best cheaper option. Although I just read this today from an article comparing the tapes.

“Mefix is noted for being especially skin sensitive, no doubt thanks to the polyacrylate adhesive, which is water-based and 100 percent solvent-free.”

The fact that the mefix has that water based adhesive is a big plus being that the tape will be on 24/7. Any other application I wouldn’t care too much about the adhesive but this has to be on the penis basically 24/7 so you want the safest stuff you can find.

I would even wear the same wrap a couple of days to get my moneys worth out of the mefix. Can’t wait to stretch all day and night with comfort and see results.
            Define "high tension". It stayed on well for me, using the highest tension I used. No issue with it failing due to tension.

Note: Tugging while sleeping carries risk of too high a tension occurring. always best to try it (simulate it) while awake first. get in bed dressed for bed and tugging. Roll around, gives yourself several good hard erections, see how it goes. You might be surprised at what you do while sleeping. If all goes well, give it a go. Myself, I doubt that it is a very effective way to tug, nor do I subscribe to tugging for long periods, so I never did that.

Regards

Comment

I’m thinking about using the size genetics extender with the canister to tug at night at low tension but not sure if it would be comfortable. Ron’s dangler method looks comfortable he’s making a video on it soon.

Comment

Also, how many days do you think I can keep the mefix tape on? Will I do any damage if I kept it on more that 24 hours?

Comment

I have not tried keeping Mefix on until failure. When I started using Rejuveness, I had settled on 4-6 hours tugging per day, while at work, 4 days a week. After I finished tugging, I left the tape on until my morning shower, and at the end of the shower removed it. That regimen worked well, and that way I did not have to worry about holding power over how many days.

With the Micropore, I did leave the tape on as long as possible at first, and found that 3 days was the limit. That included a daily shower. But at the third day, I occasionally had one tape strip fail, which was not biggie, I just replaced it and kept going. I will also point out that if I went swimming with the tape on, it failed after, even with time to dry, so it partly depends upon how dry you keep it.

I can't imagine any damage, other than getting an allergic reaction, and that may happen to anyone using tape. And, since Rejuveness and Mefix are designed for long term wear, that is less likely.

That said, as I mentioned in my previous post, there is a risk if you have tension on while sleeping, due to a nocturnal erection causing too much tension.

Regards

Comment

I’m surprised the micropore stayed on 3 days with showers. With the the mefix I’m thinking I can wrap plastic wrap around it before showering and just wash my balls. I might try to go a week with the same wrap do get the most out of the mefix.

Yea I was sold on the mefix when I read that it used water based adhesive so it’s especially sensitive to the skin. The fact that it’s comfortable is a big bonus especially if I’m going to be wearing it days on end.

I’m pretty excited about the tape and canister because it seems like it’s going to solve all my problems. No pinching and taking the thing on and off.

I see what you mean though about the tension being too much with erections, I see how it could happen. But did Ron mention using danglers then and selling them on his site? The weights are only a few oz’s I would assume that’s safe, no?

Comment

The issue with sleeping is not being able to correct things. I am not sure how weights would work while sleeping, when I sleep I am lying down and a weight would simply lie beside me on the bed, no? I move around way too much to sort that out. But some men have reported setting up a pully system and then sleeping on their backs. However you decide to do it, try it while awake first, move around and give yourself erections. I suggest doing that for a bout 30 minutes to see how it works. Be cautious, no need to take a chance and get hurt.

Regards

Comment

Any brand sport/athletic tape works fine. I go through alot of it and it does get frustrating. You must clean the skin before applying the tape, otherwise it can easily slip off.

Only reason I haven't gone tapeless is that the tape does not inhibit bloodflow at all, and does not constrict the skin, while tugging with a decent weight is still possible.

Someone suggested duck tape, but it didn't seem any better than bulk sports tape off amazon.
                        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by greg_b View Post
                          The issue with sleeping is not being able to correct things. I am not sure how weights would work while sleeping, when I sleep I am lying down and a weight would simply lie beside me on the bed, no? I move around way too much to sort that out. But some men have reported setting up a pully system and then sleeping on their backs. However you decide to do it, try it while awake first, move around and give yourself erections. I suggest doing that for a bout 30 minutes to see how it works. Be cautious, no need to take a chance and get hurt.

Regards
                          Hmm, but with a pulley system wouldn’t you be able to sleep on your side if the pulley was on the bed post? Below is a quote from Ron...

“New TLC Danglers are available now, but not listed at the web site yet. Here's a write-up about them.
                          = = =
                          If you like the idea of weighted tension, know that we can now make new TLC Danglers, a system of weights I've been using in bed that can also hang discreetly down your pants leg. The advantage compared to TLC Hangers (which attach right to the end of the device) is that the Danglers weight can bear over the edge of a chair and hang down to tug even when you're seated. Our set also includes a long lead and a pulley to help you tug up past your face while sleeping. The pulley guides the cord over or through or beside the headboard so the weights can dangle just above the floor and pull with constant gentle tension. Danglers aren't listed at our site yet but you could choose Hangers: https://tlctugger.com/product/tlc-ha...s-13-5-oz-set/ and include a note in the box at checkout if you want us to sub the Danglers. See attached pics.

Danglers Pricing:
                          1 ounce $11.50
                          2 ounce $12.25
                          4 ounce $13.50
                          8 ounce $16.00
                          Short lead $6.00
                          Long lead/pulley/S hook $15.50
                          ALL of this above $72

16 ounce $21.00

Bedtime method:

I apply the device to my penis. I lie back in bed. I point my penis toward my face. I clip a 5-foot long cord to my device. The cord runs over a pulley that is attached to the headboard and then the cord bears straight down. At the lower end of the cord weights are hooked to the cord dangling just above the floor.

Everybody has their own sleeping arrangements. If your bed is low to the ground this dangling is not workable. It's ideal when there's a headboard that's not solid. Mine is basically like this one https://secure.img1-fg.wfcdn.com/im/...+Panel+Bed.jpg The pulley is fixed to the lower rail of the headboard by an S hook (included in our set). Some guys have to make themselves a 1-foot by 4-foot sheet of pegboard to hook the s-hook in. The pegboard could stand next to the bed (so you're sleeping at a bit of an angle toward the corner of the bed) or it stands between the mattress and headboard/wall. I'll have a video on this before I list the Danglers on the site.”

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
                            Any brand sport/athletic tape works fine. I go through alot of it and it does get frustrating. You must clean the skin before applying the tape, otherwise it can easily slip off.

Only reason I haven't gone tapeless is that the tape does not inhibit bloodflow at all, and does not constrict the skin, while tugging with a decent weight is still possible.

Someone suggested duck tape, but it didn't seem any better than bulk sports tape off amazon.
                            I don’t think sports tape and duct tape are good to have on your skin for long periods of time. Especially duct tape, it’s not even breathable. Even sports tape, I wouldn’t trust that adhesive that they use for the purposes we are using it for.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

I don’t think sports tape and duct tape are good to have on your skin for long periods of time. Especially duct tape, it’s not even breathable. Even sports tape, I wouldn’t trust that adhesive that they use for the purposes we are using it for.
                              Ok, then get a tapeless device for convenience, but watch out for pinching and uneven tugging.
                              PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                              X