Canisters cheaper on Ronlow.info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canisters cheaper on Ronlow.info?

When I type in “tlc tugger canister” on google a site will come up, Ronlow.info >prodck

This site for some reason sells things for cheaper than the tlc tugger main site. It says 2 canisters for $12.. meanwhile on the main site you only get one for $17.

I emailed Ron on Thursday because I wanted to ask if this site is legit so I can order but received no answer.

Then I emailed through the contact page and got a response saying just to order on the main site and that my email was in the inbox waiting to be read.

I don’t think that answer was from Ron himself so I’m still not sure where to order.

The Ronlow.info site uses PayPal so I’m not sure if I should transfer money into my PayPal because I don’t know if this site is legit or not?

Cause the 2 canisters for 12 sounds better than paying 17 for just 1 canister lol.

I was also wondering about the super canister advanced model. It looks similar to the PUD but cheaper. There’s more surface area to put the tape than the tlc film canisters and looks like it’s made better. Has anyone tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinim57@yahoo.com View Post
      When I type in “tlc tugger canister” on google a site will come up, Ronlow.info >prodck

This site for some reason sells things for cheaper than the tlc tugger main site. It says 2 canisters for $12.. meanwhile on the main site you only get one for $17.

I emailed Ron on Thursday because I wanted to ask if this site is legit so I can order but received no answer.

Then I emailed through the contact page and got a response saying just to order on the main site and that my email was in the inbox waiting to be read.

I don’t think that answer was from Ron himself so I’m still not sure where to order.

The Ronlow.info site uses PayPal so I’m not sure if I should transfer money into my PayPal because I don’t know if this site is legit or not?

Cause the 2 canisters for 12 sounds better than paying 17 for just 1 canister lol.
      Hi,
      Thanks for your detective work. Years ago, when I was trying to build a Ron Low info site, I first copied the whole OLD TLC Tugger site in, and then deleted stuff I didn't need. So what you're seeing is 8-12 year-old pricing on a subset of products. I carelessly forgot those product pages lived there. But I don't recall 2 for $12 was ever a thing. I do know we only had one size canister then, and that they were made from 35mm photo film canisters which used to be very cheap in bulk. Then Geo-Caching hobbyists started buying them, and more companies stopped making them, and the price has shot up ten-fold. Also, the canister back then was offered AS I USED IT when I taped - with the flange where the lid snaps on left in place. These days if that tube was someone's best fit we would grind that flange off in a manual operation.

Apparently those old buying links still work because we occasionally get orders at the old price and sizing scheme, but we assumed guys had used cached pages or were using the Wayback Machine web site to see the old site. We direct them to the actual TLCTugger.com site to re-order.

You have discovered for me a major screw-up by myself. Thanks, I owe you one.
      -Ron Low
      Service@TLCTugger.com
      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Glad to be of service Ron, I was wondering what that page was. Here’s the link where it said 2 canisters for $12.

http://ronlow.info/prodCK.htm

Comment

You can just as easily use a pill tube. You might already have one, or a relative might have one they can give you (for free ), or you can ask the staff (or pharmacist) at a supermarket pharmacy for a pill tube. I used these for years with great success. Same surface area, just cut the closed end off, use a binder clip on the this end. Cushion the open/shaft contact end with tape. I cut down the pill tube to just about an inch and a quarter to make a stealth canister, worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

Hi,
            Thanks for your detective work. Years ago, when I was trying to build a Ron Low info site, I first copied the whole OLD TLC Tugger site in, and then deleted stuff I didn't need. So what you're seeing is 8-12 year-old pricing on a subset of products. I carelessly forgot those product pages lived there. But I don't recall 2 for $12 was ever a thing. I do know we only had one size canister then, and that they were made from 35mm photo film canisters which used to be very cheap in bulk. Then Geo-Caching hobbyists started buying them, and more companies stopped making them, and the price has shot up ten-fold. Also, the canister back then was offered AS I USED IT when I taped - with the flange where the lid snaps on left in place. These days if that tube was someone's best fit we would grind that flange off in a manual operation.

Apparently those old buying links still work because we occasionally get orders at the old price and sizing scheme, but we assumed guys had used cached pages or were using the Wayback Machine web site to see the old site. We direct them to the actual TLCTugger.com site to re-order.

You have discovered for me a major screw-up by myself. Thanks, I owe you one.
            You might want to remove the product pages on ronlow.info as soon as you can. Anybody can Google them - I searched for "ron low canister kit", and the link Trinim57 posted was the first one in my results. Finding the TLC page isn't nearly as easy, but it's certainly still indexed. There's also a possibility that your product pages might be back-linked from other's people's websites, forum posts, email messages, old bookmarks, etc. - but unless you're able to see referrer information, there's no real way of knowing.

Comment

Working...
            X