Is this what over tugging look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this what over tugging look like?

I have been using my home made dtr and a little bit of manual tugging for about 2 weeks now. Today I had discomfort on my scar and noticed some "opening" that was sensitive when moist but doesn't hurt once I had the device off for a couple hours. Is this what over tensioning looks like?

Sounds like it will heal quick, play it by ear until you feel safe tugging again. Maybe use less weight/tension for a couple days, or take a break altogether. I think blood blisters are way worse and take longer to heal from pinch points. You have quite a lot of inner skin it seems.. Almost looks like you are uncut.
    PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
      Sounds like it will heal quick, play it by ear until you feel safe tugging again. Maybe use less weight/tension for a couple days, or take a break altogether. I think blood blisters are way worse and take longer to heal from pinch points. You have quite a lot of inner skin it seems.. Almost looks like you are uncut.
      Yeah started as a CI2.5 and now a CI3 that's it's been stretching for 2 weeks. I do have a lot of frenulum for a cut person. I think before I was pinching the skin. I added a rubber grommet on my pill bottle today to grip better without having to pinch the skin to hold it and it was much less painful. I also split the day into two sessions with an hour break instead of one long 10 hour session. You can checkout my device a couple posts down. But i have a tlcx on the way. Just wanted to make my own to see if I could commit for a couple weeks before dropping $90.

Comment

I had similar issues with using baby bottle nipples, they just seem to pinch the skin to much. Take is easy for a month or so the skin has to get stretched to its extreme limits first before growth will happen. Once the skin tube gets stretched out and using the TLC-X or tugger with a my skin cone I found that I didn't get the soreness as with a baby bottle nipple.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundog View Post
          I had similar issues with using baby bottle nipples, they just seem to pinch the skin to much. Take is easy for a month or so the skin has to get stretched to its extreme limits first before growth will happen. Once the skin tube gets stretched out and using the TLC-X or tugger with a my skin cone I found that I didn't get the soreness as with a baby bottle nipple.
          That's good to hear about the tlcx being less pain than a nipple! You must've seen my diy post lol. Ive been doing good now for two days after adding a thin piece of a nipple onto the pill bottle to hold better without have to stuff as much skin into the holder nipple and it's doing a lot better.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dman223 View Post
              I have been using my home made dtr and a little bit of manual tugging for about 2 weeks now. Today I had discomfort on my scar and noticed some "opening" that was sensitive when moist but doesn't hurt once I had the device off for a couple hours. Is this what over tensioning looks like?
              This might sound like going backwards for you, but try using tape. It is guaranteed to never pinch, and if the skin is clean, it won't come off.
              PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Working...
              X