Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I still have a frenar band and frenulum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I still have a frenar band and frenulum?

Can it be surgically restored?
    Last edited by EthoneMTV; 08-14-2019, 01:45 PM.

When the foreskin is amputated, it is typically held in some way that pulls the tip of it (the opening) so the it is easy for the doctor to cut it off. That means that the parts at the opening/tip are removed. The parts at the tip, or opening, include the frenar band and the frenulum, if I understand what you mean by those terms. Here is a drawing showing the anatomy, just to be clear:

http://www.cirp.org/pages/anat/

You may still have parts of either, but you are unlikely to have enough of either to function the way they would have if you had been left intact. You may have a lot of sensitivity in the areas that were left, many men report that. Hope that helps.

Regards

Comment

Comment

Ventral view of erect glans. Notice remnant frenulum.

Comment

If you were circumcised then no, you don't have your frenar band. It was cut off. And no, it can't be surgically restored. The band is a distinct band because it is made from a natural combination of a particular type of muscle tissue, and a particular type of tissue cells. What is gone, is gone. So this brings us to the question; why is your frenulum so important? What function do you think it will have for you than you can't do for yourself as a result of "restoration", or some mechanical device?

Comment

https://www.i2researchhub.org/articl...john-r-taylor/ this link associates with what is known regarding the frenar band. The frenulum itself is much more a debated tissue structure.

Comment

Originally posted by J9+stk View Post
              Ventral view of erect glans. Notice remnant frenulum.
              Yeah, okay, it seems I only have a partial frenulum. I meant to post a picture, but whatever.

Comment

Glans dorsal view

Comment

Working...
                X