Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays-tretch-ery
    replied
    After 20 months I have been able to get most of my scrotum where it belongs. Slow is the word, patience is the key. Persistence is the answer.

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    Originally posted by Reality View Post
    Everybody wants to know "how long".

For you, it will take what it takes, just like it did for me and everybody else who has reached their goal (not many of us over the years; a lot drop out). In truth there is no way to forecast how long. But we will wish you luck, and ask you to be honest in telling everybody who visits this site, how long it actually took. We expect that to happen in about 8 to 10 years. And as far as learning about the "process" goes, there is only one process which matters: the process of accelerated, induced mitosis, which is what restoration actually is. If you know nothing about this, then it's impossible to set up any sort of forecasting. The internally "programmed" process of induced mitosis rests on epidermal response to tension, and the cascade of biochenicals (growth factors, etc) which actually cause induced cell formation. Science admits it knows not much about this, so good luck. It will take years, that's a given. Just hang in, that's all it takes to get to your goal.
    Great post. I recently found that I have been restoring longer than initially thought. But it took me 2 years to reach an effective routine with steady results... If you are tightly cut, it will take a heck of a lot longer than anyone with any loose skin at all.

Leave a comment:

• Reality
    replied
    I can't remember if I provided this link before, but for those interested in any math involved in skin expansion, this article addresses that, and for those who've maintained that tension on a living organ (skin) can be measured, this addresses that misunderstanding:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3758413/

Leave a comment:

• salamander6773
    replied
    This is interesting and seems to pop up on the forum from time to time. There is a member who actually tracked his hours and charted his progress. Mjwise in the Progress Gallery section.

He logged thousands of hours tugging with straps and the tlc x and reached flaccid coverage in 2 years.

Good luck man. I just go by the feel of the skin, and how much I have to work with. It seems like no progress is happening but then remembering how far you have come from a tight circ seems to help. I can't seem to increase my progress much, but move like a turtle to a destination that I hope to reach. Slow and steady.

Leave a comment:

• Reality
    replied
    Everybody wants to know "how long".

For you, it will take what it takes, just like it did for me and everybody else who has reached their goal (not many of us over the years; a lot drop out). In truth there is no way to forecast how long. But we will wish you luck, and ask you to be honest in telling everybody who visits this site, how long it actually took. We expect that to happen in about 8 to 10 years. And as far as learning about the "process" goes, there is only one process which matters: the process of accelerated, induced mitosis, which is what restoration actually is. If you know nothing about this, then it's impossible to set up any sort of forecasting. The internally "programmed" process of induced mitosis rests on epidermal response to tension, and the cascade of biochenicals (growth factors, etc) which actually cause induced cell formation. Science admits it knows not much about this, so good luck. It will take years, that's a given. Just hang in, that's all it takes to get to your goal.

Leave a comment:

• Zeca80
    started a topic Redefining “tugging time”

Redefining “tugging time”

Hello everyone and first of all, thanks for taking the time for reading my post.

Ok, so I’ve been thinking a lot about all the information (data) that derives from the foreskin restoration process. Over the years, people have come up with methods to measure the skin growth (like the FEC and Coverage Index) while relying on progress pics or how elastic the skin seems or feels to be. Now, every single person’s skin is different in many ways like the thickness of the skin, if you’re a grower or shower, skin sensitivity (likely to get irritated or bruised), age, diet and many other factors that have a lot to do with how fast the skin expands or grows.

On foreskin restoration forums I see that it is common practice for restorers to share their routine like how much time they tug during a day, as well as the time they have been restoring for and It is very common to say “I’ve been restoring for a year now” when in reality, a year would be subjective to many factors as some people have more time to put into the restoring effort, or are very diligent while other guys might take long breaks for whatever reason.

Having said this, I’m trying to come up with a way to actually log my information to track the progress in “real time” I don’t know if someone has already tried to do this for the sake of knowing if there is way to actually tell (at least approximately) how long the whole process takes or would take for someone to get say from certain CI Index number to another.

Let’s say you’re restoring for 6 hours a day, 6 days a week and you’re very committed and never skip a day by the end of the year your “real hours” would be 1728 which translated to months is 2.37 months of “real time”.

If you think about restoration in these terms, of course many could completely restore to a 80-90% within a year of “real time”.

What I’m trying to develop, is a small program (a database) to input the number of hours and the tension used (I’m currently restoring with the DTR DA and use 24 CCs from a syringe 4-5 hours 6 days a week for now but I have other devices and plan to use them along the way) to get a monthly report of the total restoring time along with a chart showing the increase in tension and progress pictures that would be taken on the last day of every month.

I know it might be difficult to log say the tension with a DTR as there are no predefined marks on the pushing rods and also the fact that the skin amount of skin trapped under the gripper slightly varies each tugging session, or with the elastic band tuggers where there is no way to actually measure the tension applied as it can vary dramatically depending on the position and activity performed, while other methods like weights or the Direct air methods are easier to log but I think it’s still doable somehow. (Maybe it would be a great idea if the maker of the DTR started making graduated/marked rods! Who knows right?)

The real purpose of this program is to find a way to create a way to compare the time logged with the current progress to calculate how long the process would take given the information that I log every single day. The information in a dashboard would update itself every time there’s new input and would give a whole lot more details.

Now, I’m no researcher or anything of the sort, but I’m curious about how all this information could give a way to know more about the process itself and of course, a way to keep me motivated throughout the whole journey.

Guys, I’m really interested in reading your comments. It would be nice to know if someone has thought about this idea before or if you’d like to give me more ideas to improve what I have. Feel free to DM me if you like. Thanks again for your time reading me.

KOT!
Working...
X