Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tlc tugger sliding off after 30 min or so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tlc tugger sliding off after 30 min or so?

Hi , ive just recently started tugging this week. So far so good , aside from the tugger sliding off every once in awhile im starting at a CI3 just curious anyone else have/ had this problem?
    do i just need to deal with it until i get a lil skin grown?
    Any advice is helpful thanks !

How much tension are you using? I’m using 5lb and mine slips off at about 30 minutes as well. My skin cone is old and I kind of think getting 30min out of it is pretty good and it’s quick to put back on anyway.

Comment

Im not using alot as far as i know , it doesnt hurt but i keep it just at that threshold of not having pain. Ive been using rubbing alcohol more and it seems to be giving me a better grip but i juat didnt know if i was doing something wrong as far as placement

Comment

I just hatched an idea right now about trying to put a zip tie or cable clamp around the skin cone so it stays on longer. Going to try it with the cable clamp now and report the details.

As far as the way you wear it, if your not using much tension it should stay on longer than 30min if your CI3 in my opinion.

Comment

Great idea don't put it on too tight! Lemme know how it goes! Thank you!

Comment

It doesn’t work with the clamp because I doesn’t go well around the cone and it just lets air in and it falls off and I think the zip tie will be the same way.

Have you tried using the PUD device or super canister with tape?

Comment

Ive tried the taping methods the adhesives irritated my skin to the point of flaking i just need to find somthing to make my skin more tacky when i use the tugger .

Comment

I’m in the same boat, the adhesive irritated my skin too. Did you try mefix tape, it uses a water based adhesive that’s better for sensitive skin. You may get a little redness with the mefix but it’s not going to irritate your skin like the other 3M medical tapes.

I only use the tape once in a while though, I’m at home mostly so using the tlc tugger and reapplying it when it falls off isn’t a big issue for me.

When I do start working again I may have to start using the tape more. Can’t use the tlc at work cause it will slip off and can’t use the dtr because it will pinch.

I wish there was an invention that didn’t use tape and stayed on while being comfortable. I tried to think of one but can’t come up with any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGOD_Anubis View Post
                  Im not using alot as far as i know , it doesnt hurt but i keep it just at that threshold of not having pain. Ive been using rubbing alcohol more and it seems to be giving me a better grip but i juat didnt know if i was doing something wrong as far as placement
                  Soap and water actually does the trick, and is cheaper than rubbing alcohol. Many restorers find that applying a device after showering works best.

Comment

I have been using the tlc tugger since October this year when i started my restoration journey. I too started as a CI-3. Even after watching all the videos on this device i still stuggled to keep the device on... until i remember reading somewhere on this forum when a member had mentioned folding the your skin cone to look like a sombrero when fitting it over the inner tugging cone then pushing it down.

Comment

I found a trick out today. , idk if this is sheer luck on my part or what buuut , the cone tends to sway out a few degrees, if u flip it inside out that sway is now on the inside and it holds tigher.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGOD_Anubis View Post
                        Hi , ive just recently started tugging this week. So far so good , aside from the tugger sliding off every once in awhile im starting at a CI3 just curious anyone else have/ had this problem?
                        do i just need to deal with it until i get a lil skin grown?
                        Any advice is helpful thanks !
                        I use a washcloth with hydrogen peroxide to clean the skin when I can't get to a bathroom, or don't feel like it. Rubbing alcohol is probably better. Make sure your skin is extremely clean. Also, the skin has to be perfectly dry, so make sure after cleaning to dry it and let it air dry for two minutes, use a dry wash cloth to fan the air on your skin.

This method works good for me. Soap and water and a thorough drying works just as well. You will find that tape and the plastic tapeless systems will not work at all with any oils, or grime on your skin.

Good luck, your starting point is a good head-start!

Also, check your sizing, make sure it is right, although I am not sure how much wiggle room there is within sizing for tapeless systems.
                        PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

A link to the piece, worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jays-tretch-ery
                            I use a rubber washer I got from the local hardware, it's for a Delta faucet I think. I put a slit in it and it retains the cone all day. I will look for a link online and post if I can find it.
                            Insane progress man. Can you tell us a little about your routine?
                            PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

For anyone having slipping issues, buy an RC your skin cone. (It’s the one that comes with the standard tlc tugger, vs the RCX cone you get with the TLCX). It is longer and narrower and grips A LOT better.

I used to apply it by putting it in place, flipping it half up like a sombrero, pulling skin up, and unflipping... but now I just apply by sliding it down normally. Either method has it gripping worlds better and makes using the device a ton less frustrating. Do recommend.

Comment

Working...
                              X