Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inner Skin Vs. Outer Skin. What's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner Skin Vs. Outer Skin. What's the difference?

I've not been able to find a thread on the difference, or importance, of inner & outer skin.

How do you make inner skin? ...and how does it differ from outer skin?

I would have thought it would just have been all the same, is that not the case?

Originally posted by Rango View Post
    I've not been able to find a thread on the difference, or importance, of inner & outer skin.

How do you make inner skin? ...and how does it differ from outer skin?

I would have thought it would just have been all the same, is that not the case?
    We make inner skin the same way as outer skin, by stretching the skin to it limit and than mitosis reproduces skin just like we do with outer skin, how the inner skin is different from the outer skin is that the inner skin is mucosa (meant to be moist) just the same as under the eyelid, inside the mouth. The outer skin is cutaneous skin (not meant to be moist) just like the skin on the back of hand. So they are not the same, the pro circumcision realm would have us believe it is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundog View Post

We make inner skin the same way as outer skin, by stretching the skin to it limit and than mitosis reproduces skin just like we do with outer skin, how the inner skin is different from the outer skin is that the inner skin is mucosa (meant to be moist) just the same as under the eyelid, inside the mouth. The outer skin is cutaneous skin (not meant to be moist) just like the skin on the back of hand. So they are not the same, the pro circumcision realm would have us believe it is the same.
      Thanks, do you know what the actual science behind it all says as to whether the skin in the same or different?

From running a search on the forum I gather I might have some mucosal skin (inner skin) just ahead of my circumcision scar, that I'm going to try and retrieve more of with manual stretch 2.

Comment

Thanks, do you know what the actual science behind it all says as to whether the skin in the same or different?

From running a search on the forum I gather I might have some mucosal skin (inner skin) just ahead of my circumcision scar, that I'm going to try and retrieve more of with manual stretch 2.
        The mucosal skin is the skin you would have from your circumcision scar to the coronal sulcus (which is right behind the glans). When first restoring the foreskin you need to just tug as both inner and outer will grow, one should not be concerned about tugging inner or outer separately until you about completely restored which will be years. Once you gain full coverage or constantly keeping the glans covered your inner skin and glans will start to dekeratinize, than both will be shiny, smooth, moist and sensitive to feeling.

Comment

Inner skin is from the circ scar to the tip of your dong head. Outer skin is from the circ scar to your pubic hair.
          inner skin is very sensitive. And when you grow enough of both types and you have rollover on your head, you will then feel the inner skin rubbing on your head. Thats the sweet spot we are all trying to achieve.
          To grow either types of skin look at the manual stretching techniques shown on this site

Comment

Perhaps these will help you understand the differences:

http://www.cirp.org/pages/anat/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_dzeDvx2QA

The inner, or mucosal part of the foreskin is that which is between your scar and the head of your penis. You may have a lot, or a little, depending upon how your foreskin was amputated.

I was left with very little inner skin, so I have focused on growing that part of my anatomy. this has worked well, and I now have enough inner skin to, at times, cover my glans completely, with a bit of overhang.

Regards

Comment

Thanks guys.

I've been doing Manual Method 2 for the last ten minutes or so because I thought I needed to increase the amount of the mucosal skin that I have left...

...but that's not necessary...? ...until later?

That seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. Is it possible someone could elaborate?

Comment

Your goal should be that once you are done with your restoration process that the circumcision scar is just on the inside of your restored foreskin.

For this reason most restorers need to just tug on both inner and outer skin to create the coverage, than once you have gotten full coverage you can fine tune if you need to have more of one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundog View Post
                  Your goal should be that once you are done with your restoration process that the circumcision scar is just on the inside of your restored foreskin.

For this reason most restorers need to just tug on both inner and outer skin to create the coverage, than once you have gotten full coverage you can fine tune if you need to have more of one or the other.
                  Oh okay, cool, so...I don't have to concentrate on trying to create more mucosal skin?

Comment

Oh okay, cool, so...I don't have to concentrate on trying to create more mucosal skin?
                    Just tug and both will grow

Comment

1) INTACT men have outer skin (that you can see facing out while they're flaccid), and inner foreskin which is worn facing in toward the glans. Inner foreskin is mucosal, lacking in follicles. At the roll-over point where outer transitions to inner there is a specialized area where the dartos fascia form a preputial sphincter to keep the skin tube puckered closed. During sexual activity the inner skin is usually facing out.

2) We may HAVE some surviving inner foreskin - between the scar line and the glans. Everything from the scar down toward the base is outer skin. The preputial sphincter is always gone, except in the case of a vanishingly rare circumcision done by removing skin near the base.

3) We may WEAR our skin such that some skin faces in toward the glans while we're flaccid, either by using a retaining aid or because we have enough slack. We would see a roll-over point where the skin transitions from inner-facing to outer-facing.

4) We may TUG in such a way that we induce a temporary roll-over point on a device.

In my view the ideal tugging regimen would involve wearing a device such that the induced roll-over point (#4) involves the same skin that we want serving as our flaccid roll-over point (#3) in the future when we're done using a tugging device or retaining aid. Note that plenty of restorers will never stop using a retaining aid.
                      -Ron Low
                      [email protected]
                      847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        In my view the ideal tugging regimen would involve wearing a device such that the induced roll-over point (#4) involves the same skin that we want serving as our flaccid roll-over point (#3) in the future when we're done using a tugging device or retaining aid. Note that plenty of restorers will never stop using a retaining aid.
                        So I should roll as far as I can on to the retainer to begin with and start rolling it back until what's left of my mucosal skin is just inside the roll-over point, then stretch with that configuration?

Comment

Well, there you go, asking good questions (which you have done here) can get you a bunch of nonsense, or more specifically, non answers. Here are some answers to your questions: 1. Your shaft skin is epidermis, made from a number of layers. Epidermis has beneath it, certain kinds of neurons (nerve endings), and as Ron implies, hair folicles. Not to mention sweat glands, etc.

2. So-called "inner" skin actually has referred to mucosal tissue, a different type of tissue from epidermis. Mucosal tissue is much, much thinner, has fewer layers, and allows transport of fluid (extra cellular fluid) across itself (in both directions). Mucosa has beneath it a different kind of neuron: the kind which fires high sensitivity signals back to spinal cord, central nervous system, eventually, the brain.

3. Some guys choose to "line" the inside of their skin tube (which is made from doubled over epidermis) with mucosal tissue that they have focused tension on. You don't have to; this is only an attempt to "create" a faux arrangement of tissues similar to an intact foreskin. I you want to, you can do this, but tugging to stimulate mucosa to grow seems to take us an extra amount of time (plus it can be uncomfortable; high sensation nerves, remember?), and anyhow, as gundog has said, tugging on epidermis (shaft skin) almost always also tugs on mucosa.

4. The whole thing about where the circumcision scar line ends up is a false issue, usually referred to by guys who don't think about, or look at, what they are actually doing when they apply tension to their skin tube. Almost everyone who tugs applies tension to an area behind their scar line. Devices do this and most manual methods do this. So when they roll down the skin they've grown, the scar line is automatically covered by that grown skin. So.....non issue. I think I mentioned that you have to read replies here (and everywhere online) critically, because you will get a bunch of nonsense from people who are not competent or reliable resources.

5. Good luck in your journey. I'm sure you will keep your eyes open and think about what you are doing. THEN, you can be a resource for others here

Comment

Thanks for bumping this Rango. Someone recently contacted me and urged me to buy a dual tension device in so many words to get more inner skin, as I use a very basic tugging device, which has no dual tension. I'm not ready for dual tension yet, rollin' on with what I got going.

Makes you realize how much has been lost though.
                            PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

It’s often said that you shouldn’t worry too much about inner or outer skin at the start, which is probably true. Once you have more slack skin it becomes easier to fine tune which parts to tension. I had very little inner skin left and only started to focus on it last year. I already have very consistent flaccid overhang and the inner skin is now slowly picking up. While I’m using dual tension with the TLC-X, I’m still at a stage where there’s too little inner skin to tension it enough for proper growth, or at least, that’s my feeling. I’m therefore really focusing on it with manual tugging, and recently added inflation to the mix.

I guess what I’m saying is that you can focus on inner or outer skin once you get some slack, just as it becomes easier to target specific regions then.

Good luck!
                              There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Working...
                              X