resting day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resting day?

I've read a few entries here where some men talk about taking a 'resting day' once a week or so. Is this important or is going 24 x 7 OK? if its less effective to go 24 x 7 i can do it but i'd rather keep up the habit instead of risking breaking the habit.

Thanks for your thoughts !

Originally posted by vbnm0124 View Post
    I've read a few entries here where some men talk about taking a 'resting day' once a week or so. Is this important or is going 24 x 7 OK? if its less effective to go 24 x 7 i can do it but i'd rather keep up the habit instead of risking breaking the habit.

Depends on your hours. If you are getting a solid 6 to 12 a day, then taking a day off might be good for mental health. I don't take any rest days per se, but I only get 2 to 6 hours a night in.
    PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

I used rest days all the time. I think it is valuable to let the skin recover from the stress of tugging, plus I like to see and feel the improvements. I have had as good, or better progress tugging twice a day, for 20 minutes each, 5 days a week, as 24/7/365, so I do not see any value in tugging for long periods either. so my suggestion is take some days off and reduce the time tugging, unless you feel that will cause you to stop tugging. You do have to keep tugging, of course.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by vbnm0124 View Post

When I started restoring I tugged 24/7 until my 8th month which at the time I was not seeing any gains, so than I took a week break to let the skin rest. At this point I changed my schedule to tug 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week and use Saturday as my rest day. I noticed at this point I started to make gains again. I have been doing this for the past 16 months and it seems to be working well.

You have to try different things in your tugging routine to see what works for you, and what works today might not work in a year. About 4 months ago I added 10 minutes of manual tugging just before bed along with 10-12 of device tugging, and it seems to have added more skin than just tugging with a device alone, as I have consistently added 2mm by FEC measurement each month.

Comment

I don't know if the evidence supports taking a day off in terms keeping up your progress. But if it means you can keep at it without burning out or burning down relationships, then take all the days you need.
          -Ron Low
          [email protected]
          847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

I used to tug 5/7 for 8 to 12 hours a day with the TLC-X on work days and supplement it with some manual at night. In the weekends I’m often going out and therefore I usually don’t use the TLC-X in those days. Nowadays I’m only using the tugger occasionally but I try to put in a few hours of manual when watching TV. Main reason is that I still have too little inner skin to effectively tension it with my tugger. Luckily I’m starting to see decent progress on that front and I’m starting to have more inner skin to work with, so I’m expecting it will speed up in the near future. As I don’t need to retain, the skin gets rest every night anyhow. I don’t think resting days are necessary or beneficial, but I also don’t think they would do any harm.

I usually also take a break from using the tugger when I’m travelling, but I find myself doing manual tugging nearly every night in bed before going to sleep. I must say manual tugging (and tugging in general) is a bit addictive for me, as I really miss tugging if I’m taking a few days off. I guess there are many addictions that are worse. Worst thing I might get from it is more foreskin

I’d recommend the same as I recommend to anyone starting out. Experiment a bit and figure out what works best for you and fits your lifestyle best. Make sure it becomes a natural part of your daily routine such as shaving or having a shower. If it feels good for you, you’ll stay on the job much more easily and results will come as time goes on.

Good luck!
            There’s no better feeling in the world than the warm embrace of your foreskin, so KOT!

Progress gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...s-report-tlc-x

Comment

Working...
            X