Pulling with vs without pusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling with vs without pusher

Hey guys I've been thinking about something. When you pull with a strap combined with the pusher, are you going to experience faster overall growth? I I can push and pull comfortably, at the cost of experiencing burning a little sooner and then causing me to lessen the tension a bit.

So.. is it 'faster' to push and pull at the same time? Since in theory that's two totally different surfaces being stretched rather than one.

Even a simple tapeless tugger - or even t-tape - can give more than enough tension in the inner-facing skin. When you draw your skin tube forward, the outer facing tension is resisted by the secure attachment of the skin near the base of the penis. The inner facing tension is resisted by the firm attachment of the skin at the sulcus just behind the corona. You can vary the inner/outer tension ratio by your choice of WHERE to grip the skin. Move the induced roll-over point closer to the base for more outer-side tension, and closer to the glans for more inner-side tension.

Using a device with Pushing action DOES NOT give more tension or faster results. What if gives is more DEGREES OF FREEDOM. You can choose a roll-over point location without compromising on the amount of inner tension. OR add inner-side tension without compromising on the location of the induced roll-over point.

Some guys exploit this to carefully choose an induced roll-over point and to keep it constant throughout their skin growth. The hope is that by always wearing the skin constrained in a puckered up shape at the same spot every time, then that targeted spot will be as naturally puckered-looking as possible when they're done restoring.
    -Ron Low
    [email protected]
    847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ron. So you're suggesting that using only the tugger provides enough tension to grow the inner skin? So it's wrong to think that using tugging and pushing together will result in lengthening the skin tube 2x faster (twice the cell production) ?

Comment

Originally posted by dman223 View Post
        Thanks for the reply Ron. So you're suggesting that using only the tugger provides enough tension to grow the inner skin? So it's wrong to think that using tugging and pushing together will result in lengthening the skin tube 2x faster (twice the cell production) ?
        No, it's wrong to think a pusher is faster; that's the take-away from what Ron has said. Look:

1. We all know that tension causes cells to divide in a rate that is faster than the normal maintenance rate (so in that sense we touch on "faster"),

2. But here's the important issue which never gets mentioned on forums: tension does this by deforming the tissue it's applied to. ..........

3. Also very important (and never gets mentioned): only SOME cells in the tensioned skin can divide; not all of them, just some. This is all chemistry. Deformed tissue calls up biochemicals (like a form of growth factor) which cause those cells, but only those cells, to divide. NO OTHER CELLS ARE AFFECTED, buy tension, or internal biochemicals.

4. So maybe you can see that "faster" has to somehow kickstart all this,down below the layer of skin you see when you look down, at the layer called the basal layer, or the stratum basale, and Science knows of nothing which does. Certainly not "more tension", or some "special tension", and certainly nothing topical, or some magic crap you eat (other than a regular diet).

5. We all want control over this process; we don't have it. We have to rely on the natural process to give us what we want. The natural process gives us healthy tissue on all layers, from the dermis (the connective tissue) out to the dead surface of skin (the only living, responding layer is the basal layer).

Comment

Thanks for this post. I was about to post a similar thread, the questions are ones I am currently dealing with as well.

You would think that you would get 2x the results... but as Ron said, that is probably false.
          PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            . . . You can vary the inner/outer tension ratio by your choice of WHERE to grip the skin. Move the induced roll-over point closer to the base for more outer-side tension, and closer to the glans for more inner-side tension.
            . . .
            I am not sure I understand this. It seems backward.

{admin: I double-checked. I said what I meant. }

Many years ago on the old forum (that was lost) you had a post with a diagram that illustrated this. Is that still available, or could you re-post it? That is, if you still have it.
            I make my own devices.

Comment

Oh. I think I finally get it. Any chance that diagram is still available?

I have been trying to adjust to tug the inner skin more since it seems to be progressing more slowly.

Overall progress has been slow. I started this journey about 7 to 8 years ago at about CI-3. I am just now getting to past Ci-7 (as best I can tell). I would like to reach CI-10 in another 7 years, if possible.

P.S: trying to reply to my last post on this topic. not sure how to do that, so I hope it threads properly.
              I make my own devices.

Comment

Reality,

I just read this thread. Thanks for your explanation on cell activation and skin growth. I’d thought that the ‘INNER SKIN’ growth was accomplished/targeted primarily when using a push plate or plunger attachment in conjunction with my TLC-X. While the ‘OUTER SKIN’ growth was targeted by the additional use of straps and or weights, or simply by just wearing a TLC Tugger body or the TLC-X by itself. So if I understand correctly, none of that really matters...it’s just basic cell activation (some cells only) and overall skin growth. It’s all just a bit confusing for me because I distinctly remember reading other posts, several topics of which have alluded to specifically targeting ‘inner’ vs ‘outer’ skin growth, while detailing varying tugging practices pertaining to each one.
                Tugger1

Comment

Originally posted by tuguser View Post
                  Reality,

I just read this thread. Thanks for your explanation on cell activation and skin growth. I’d thought that the ‘INNER SKIN’ growth was accomplished/targeted primarily when using a push plate or plunger attachment in conjunction with my TLC-X. While the ‘OUTER SKIN’ growth was targeted by the additional use of straps and or weights, or simply by just wearing a TLC Tugger body or the TLC-X by itself. So if I understand correctly, none of that really matters...it’s just basic cell activation (some cells only) and overall skin growth. It’s all just a bit confusing for me because I distinctly remember reading other posts, several topics of which have alluded to specifically targeting ‘inner’ vs ‘outer’ skin growth, while detailing varying tugging practices pertaining to each one.
                  https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...1357#post41357
                  -Ron Low
                  [email protected]
                  847 414-1692 Chicago

Comment

It's important to remember our basic Newtonian physics. Some restorers will tell you that strapless tension does nothing for outer skin because it does not create a pulling tension. This is simply untrue. Yes, the mechanism by which the strapless tension works is to push off of the glans, but the resulting opposite reaction is for the skin to be pulled forward. If you are using pulling tension such as rubber bands or straps, there is likewise an opposite reaction that results in the skin retreating back toward your body. The equal and opposite reactions cause the skin to stay in the same place in spite of the tension being placed on it. What "bi-directional" tension devices like the TLC-X do is allow you to fine tune the ratio of this tension. The pusher does mainly affect inner skin, while pulling tension can be added with external sources like straps or weights. Alternatively, you can also use the spacers (TLC selects) to have your skin pulled further during the initial application, which does mean the the application requires more attention to detail, but allows you to apply greater tension on the outer skin, while giving more slack to the inner. Inner tension can then be adjusted by the pushing rod.

Comment

Working...
                    X