X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentleman
    replied
    Restoring~

I hear what you are saying and agree wholeheartedly, "keep it simple" as long as you and we are making progress, it's all good and we get to share our successes!

Somebody's post was spot on!

Ron Low is a font of information, he knows a lot of info and knows where to get it when asked. Don't take his info as grandstanding. Ron simply does not do that, you will see in time.

All the best,

Gentle

Leave a comment:

• s0mebody
    replied
    I don't think Ron's intention was to throw it in your face.

We all belong just because we all have a common goal and can feed off each other to make that goal a reality.

I hope you sitck around as everyone needs some encouragement from someone else once in a while. I do agree with you in the keep it simple. If it's working for you, what ever it is, keep doing it.

Leave a comment:

• RestoringGoat
    replied
    I knew someone was going to do that. My point (my topic) was that you didn't need to know all that - not that I wanted it thrown in my face. Maybe this isn't the place for me either. Too many know-it-alls.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    For the benefit of those who search certain terms and find this discussion:

Originally posted by RestoringGoat View Post
    I barely know what a CI index is
    The Coverage Index http://www.restoringforeskin.org/cov...x/CI-chart.htm was devised by a restorer to help us gauge how we're progressing or how severely we were cut.

don't know what a 'meatus'
    It's the tiny "lips" around the urinary opening. In cut guys, this area is exposed to abrasion and drying from which intact men are spared. It was never an issue for me. Some guys get a tiny constricted urinary opening resulting in unnatural spraying or misdirected stream.

'POE'
    You might encounter different definitions, but the Point of Equilibrium is the spot along your skin tube where the tension on the inner side matches the tension on the outer side, when the skin is rolled forward. I don't have any use for this term.

I don't know anything about the 'pioneers' of restoration.
    You don't need to, any more than you might want to know about the person who built the road that lets the postal carrier reach your house.

I stretch, it grows. I DO pick up helpful hints from the forums
    If there was one rule, I would say it's never tolerate pain.

I'm almost 3 years in and still just keeping it simple. And loving my results, btw!
    Restored foreskin feels really good.

Leave a comment:

• RestoringGoat
    started a topic Keeping it simple

Keeping it simple

Hello all!

I'm new here and I've been reading posts for a few days now. I have to admit that I'm totally ignorant to a lot of the terms and techniques that are talked about in here - and I will admit, a little lost.

I barely know what a CI index is. I don't know what a 'meatus' or 'POE' is. I don't know anything about the 'pioneers' of restoration. I don't know a lot about mitosis or how skin growth differs between a young person or an old person.

But that's ok. I don't feel the NEED to know any of that. It doesn't affect my restoration. A couple years ago, I joined a restoring group on FB - and one on Kik. They all made me feel a bit stupid. I would read conflicting things from people. There were people telling me what I should and shouldn't do. And I didn't stay in the groups for very long.

I adopted the motto "Keep it simple". I stretch, it grows. I DO pick up helpful hints from the forums - but I'm not the type that is going to debate or dismiss anyone's opinions on the matter.

I just wanted to post this because, like me, there will probably be people that join forums and groups and feel like an outcast because they don't know everything about the history of restoring, or the different techniques and terms. You can restore your foreskin without knowing any of that stuff.

I'm almost 3 years in and still just keeping it simple. And loving my results, btw!
Working...
X