Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the result of restoration be called foreskin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salamander6773 View Post
    No war? I guess I should stop stirring this metaphysical cyber cauldron then.
    Yes, I think you should. The admins don't, though, they like any disturbance you create, or you wouldn't see the light of day either. So, careful, you can end up censored like me

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post

1. My grandfathers (plural) were both tough MFs. No way I would "hard lecture" them without a pistol in my hand (not with MY definition of that phrase, or whatever YOUR definition is (hyperbole)). Those here who think I "hard lecture" are the social media types who are used to being ass-kissed and cuddled lol.

2. Please notice your last sentence I've quoted: you STILL are "me-focused" in this; I never intended to "condenscend YOU" (sic) for anything other than missusing nomenclature to those of us who want to understand what restoration is all about; that's not a large population. This is why I use the term "new skin". It's honest, descriptive, and has nothing to do with the need for fantasy (which pisses on the fantasy boys, in their view).
      1. Well, I didn't ask your opinion on the word "lecture", nor your opinion on my personal toughness... I asked your opinion on the difference between calling restored glans coverage foreskin, and calling plastic dental inserts teeth. Why are you okay with it if I say "I need to put my teeth in", but you call me ignorant if I say "my foreskin is looking great"? What makes "misused nomenclature" okay in one instance and not another?

2. Like I said, I know I'm introverted. You are extroverted. None of that is relevant to the discussion. I didn't start this thread to talk about me (though perhaps it comes off that way due to my introverted nature)... I started the thread to discuss names, definitions, and their effects in relation to the psychological aspect of restoring. If you want to discuss ignorant snowflakes or delusional dragons, start a new thread in the Bistro for that.

But yeah, I think the big disparity between you and I is that you are tugging to restore sexual pleasure and I'm tugging to restore mental health. For me, the effect on the mind is forefront because that's the driving force behind my restoration. You have no mental trouble, so for you, the effect on the mind is moot and all that matters is sex. Sexually, there's a big difference between a restored foreskin and an undamaged one. Mentally, there's very little difference. Whether destroyed and restored or pristine and uncut, I have (or will have) the thing that the circumcising part of humanity wanted to rob me of forever... a foreskin. They don't know the difference and they don't care about the difference. My glans is (or will be) covered with skin, and that defies the will of these people and their imaginary god, which brings me satisfaction.

I need to say it again because you didn't read it the last 10 times... I have no delusions or fantasies about regenerating what was cut away. It's gone and I can't get it back. I'm building something new from the scraps I have left, and calling it foreskin because
      1. it matches the dictionary definition,
      2. people call all other replaced body parts by the original part's name, and
      3. calling it something else fucks with my mind, and I suspect I'm not alone on that.

P.S. You still haven't presented any examples of me exhibiting "fantasy boy" behavior. I'm waiting.

Comment

"Post 16"? I haven't called YOU a mouth breather in any post I can identify. Actually, I haven't called you a name, or more importantly, associated you with circumcisers, as you did to me, but really, even if we BOTH call each other names and try to tar each other with slander, the issue is, what is the name of the "new skin" we grow? My vote if obvious (just used it). The only phrase I used in reference to what you've posted is "me focused", which describes your language, not YOU per se. And any comment I make to any member here which clarifies my position (like my comment to salamander's use of the word "war", is also directed to you and everyone else here, or anywhere. I don't care what you call restoration results (YOU seem to get emotional about this, much more than I do; go back and read what you wrote); there are just too many real issues out there to care about and speak up about. Even with questions from newbies about various issues of restoration, I get on the admin's backs, rather than you, for not answering those questions (you have to wonder why; I know I do). As an example, why was I the only guy after Distalero to describe tiny wrinkles as evidence of results? Why the silence when basic questions are asked? And why the silence when some newbie tries to make some "sciencey" nonsense observation? Why not nip that in the bud if you want this site to be a resource? Silence isn't golden when you represent an answer to the damage which circumcision does, soon after birth.
        The bolded lines are self-contradictory....

Aside from you being unable to admit your indirect name-calling gossipy behavior, I don't have any issues here. I am indeed emotional about restoring, I am indeed self-oriented, I can agree to disagree on what dick skin is called, and it's true I never spend any time in the welcome center. The reason I'm quiet there is simple... Like you've implied, I don't have much to offer the average newbie.

Comment

"1. Well, I didn't ask your opinion on the word "lecture", nor your opinion on my personal toughness... I asked your opinion on the difference between calling restored glans coverage foreskin, and calling plastic dental inserts teeth. Why are you okay with it if I say "I need to put my teeth in", but you call me ignorant if I say "my foreskin is looking great"?

As an answer: Well, I don't have an opinion, especially because your technique above is called using a stalking horse. You try to argue one issue with quite another. It's poor argument technique. So there is no need to have an opinion (you can do better, so I'll wait). And I have to say, describing my grandfathers (who you appealed to) has no reflection on you personally or YOUR toughness. Why would you think so? I don't know you, although I have a better idea now after your emotional outburst above.

You are right, I'm not emotional about this issue, other than having a smidge of altruism for the sincere newbies. I don't see you as a newbie, so when I talk to them it is NOT contradictory, it is to them, not you personally, but for the sake of discussion, let's do that: . Get over yourself, for your own peace and mental stability; call results and your goal whatever you want; if I call it something else why do you see me as so important in this as to cause you personal grief? I'm not a circumcizer, I'm the opposite; I have campaigned for the intactivist cause in hospitals and with the Medical Director of an insurance carrier. Know what I have done in the name of correct nomenclature? I used to supervise an advice line where we would get emergency calls on a regular basis. When I was sitting next to a new employee (a nurse) while auditing and emergency call and her responses, I fired her ass for REFUSING to accept that words, terms, descriptions are IMPORTANT. To me, and in that context, they are important. It was her first day and she was gone. The caller, a mother, told her her child has a "mouthful of blood". This description passed over the nurse's head. So I intervened, and pressed that mother to the wall, got her to describe what she really saw: NOT a "mouthful of blood", but some bloody saliva, from a torn lip frenulum; big difference. The mother and the nurse both, within their respective domains, complained about me. Know what my supervisor said? "Good call". So I get complaints all the time, and this site is the least of them, with the least ramifications. I will always keep kids safe. It so happens that women are the primary abusers of children (look at the Federal stats), so getting the "names" of things right is important to me. Am I using a stalking horse here? NO. I"m venting as you did, but a bit more relevance than yours.

Comment

Actually, I was using the stalking horse technique, but it's up to you to call me on it; I believe in teaching by example lol.

Comment

As an answer: Well, I don't have an opinion, especially because your technique above is called using a stalking horse. You try to argue one issue with quite another. It's poor argument technique. So there is no need to have an opinion (you can do better, so I'll wait).
              What I intended to use was an analogy, not some jedi mind trick. "This is to this as that is to that". Like you said, I'm no argument scholar... I've never heard of a stalking horse argument. Maybe I fucked up my analogy and turned it into one by accident. What I mean to say was "people use this naming convention in this similar scenario, so why not use the same naming convention in our scenario?" I don't see how that's changing the issue... it is the issue. What makes us different from other people who have lost body parts and had to repair/replace them?

And I have to say, describing my grandfathers (who you appealed to) has no reflection on you personally or YOUR toughness. Why would you think so?
              Those here who think I "hard lecture" are the social media types who are used to being ass-kissed and cuddled lol.
              I can't figure out where I got the idea you were needling me about my toughness, either. /sarcasm

And yes, I know that was bait to make me call myself a mollycoddled pussy so you could dodge the blame. I just don't care because in recent years I've learned to accept that I'm not and never will be a tough alpha male badass. I have severe anxiety problems, every male insecurity you can name, I'm physically weak, can't shut off my emotions, don't know anything of value, and due to autism or some personal failure that looks identical to it, I have no face-to-face social skills of any kind. For many years I considered suicide out of shame and self hatred, but I have since learned you don't have to be an invincible superhero to be worth keeping around. Life is more complex than that and even people like me who look terrible on paper have value. I can't win an argument against single-digit IQ morons, but for some reason a lot of people still think I'm intelligent. I'm good in a casual discussion, but when it comes time to argue, especially if you dick with my emotions using that indirect name calling bait (is that what you mean by "stalking horse"?), I'm useless.

And yes, I'm talking about the almighty, glorious me. The only person in the world I care about. You want to talk about me, I enjoy talking about me, so let's just talk about me until Ron wisely deletes this disaster of a thread. This was supposed to be me sharing my perspective on calling it foreskin and starting a discussion of the topic, but now it's just an in-depth analysis of all the ways Krag is a shitty waste of precious natural resources.

So, what other stupid shit have I done, besides bumping the thread instead of letting it die? Might as well get it all out there at once.

Comment

Dude, nobody expects you to bare your soul like this, especially after one side (moi) has capitulated more or less. CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT! Relax, try to access the Great Silence (hint: it's in your lower belly). I realize you are wounded. We are ALL wounded. The trick is to find the Great Silence, and help newbies, not just here on this site, but wherever you find them. And really, that's it.

Comment

Dude, nobody expects you to bare your soul like this, especially after one side (moi) has capitulated more or less. CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT! Relax, try to access the Great Silence (hint: it's in your lower belly). I realize you are wounded. We are ALL wounded. The trick is to find the Great Silence, and help newbies, not just here on this site, but wherever you find them. And really, that's it.
                  I got fed up with you trying to weedle out facets of my psyche that you could use to rile up my unstable emotions, so I just gave you the whole thing. You seemed to be convinced that I had something to hide. Now you can just address my psychological problems directly instead of trying to access them via stalking horses or whatever you call it.

And yeah, I do a lot of meditation, though not any traditional practices... I access those elevated states of consciousness by walking alone in the woods or exploring weird sounds on my synthesizers. I have the uncommon ability to completely trip the fuck out without the need of any substances... All I need is a few hours of alone time and I can go off into altered states of consciousness just by relinquishing control and letting them happen. Whether that's a learned ability or an enjoyable side-effect of my autism-like mental weirdness, I don't know... but it sure does me a lot of good to exercise it.

As for newbies... I'm not very useful for them. My mind doesn't work normally so I just confuse the hell out of people when I try to teach them stuff. Likewise, teachers confuse the hell out of me. Once in a while I stumble across someone who's mind works like mine and we can trade knowledge naturally, but with 99% of people I'm like a cat trying to teach a dog how to meow... just doesn't compute.

Comment

I couldn't care less about, and did not try to "wheedle", any facets of your psyche. Not if I'm not getting paid for it, lol.I wouldn't need to, its easy to see you are angry. But that isn't to say that I don't think considering a therapist isn't indicated.

And, to the admins, I would suggest moving this thread to the Grief section; seems to fit, especially now. Then all the grievers who haven't joined this thread can do so. And think about it, it would look like I'm jumping on one of those grievers, so for you guys, win/win.

Comment

It's a mutilated foreskin. It's still your foreskin, and the distinction only matters if you're discussing it with someone. You are still circumcised. That's more than even a physical state, it is a mental one too.

It's best not to dwell on.

Comment

I don't know if it matters what it's called. How does it make you and your penis feel? Does masturbation and sexual intercourse feel better? It should and if it doesn't, you're doing it wrong! <Smile> Take care, KOT!

Comment

Originally posted by z726 View Post
                          Yes.

I'm gonna go with a functional definition. If it covers your glans, it's a foreskin.
                          I'm new here. My first post. I'm a little worried about adding my voice here lest I incur wrath. But I agree with the above.

I actually gave up restoring owing to certain complications which I feel uncomfortable talking about publicly. I've opted for wearing a soft silicone sleeve instead which I think of as a prosthetic foreskin. But though prosthetic, I'm not going to call it a silicone skin tube. And though I'm not restored (but still wonder if I should/could) I consider solving my problem a moral success and for my own reasons I call it a foreskin, prosthetic though it is.

I believe loss and violation should be acknowledged, but restoring or overcoming the problem is a moral victory and recovery that ought to be fully celebrated. How that plays out in this discussion I don't know. But I'm with the foreskin people because I'd like to think I'm focusing more on overcoming the problem than dwelling further on the loss.

Comment

Bear~

Well said, and understood

Gentle
                            My Progress Gallery @ https://foreskinrestoration.vbulleti...tle-s-progress

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post

I'm new here. My first post. I'm a little worried about adding my voice here lest I incur wrath. But I agree with the above.

I actually gave up restoring owing to certain complications which I feel uncomfortable talking about publicly. I've opted for wearing a soft silicone sleeve instead which I think of as a prosthetic foreskin. But though prosthetic, I'm not going to call it a silicone skin tube. And though I'm not restored (but still wonder if I should/could) I consider solving my problem a moral success and for my own reasons I call it a foreskin, prosthetic though it is.

I believe loss and violation should be acknowledged, but restoring or overcoming the problem is a moral victory and recovery that ought to be fully celebrated. How that plays out in this discussion I don't know. But I'm with the foreskin people because I'd like to think I'm focusing more on overcoming the problem than dwelling further on the loss.
                              It becomes a very tough process, and sometimes people become perpetually aggravated about the length of time within the journey of restoration. This aggravation, coupled with differing opinions about methods, devices, and the details of skin cell division sometimes rears it's ugly head.

Sorry that you seem offended by it, I would encourage you to carry on unphased knowing that most people here can help you get along, and have years of restoring experience, good and bad.
                              PROGRESS GALLERY

Comment

...and yet you wonder why all these low-post 'newbies' like me don't stick around for unhelpful and pendantic arguments that turn into a bunch of purse-swinging fights between men.

Call it a foreskin or not, it's better than what your mutilator left you with.
                                Saying someone is "Unmutilated" is like saying "Unsweet Tea". So you mean it's just Tea, in its natural state, that nobody has screwed up? It can't be Un- anything

Comment

Working...
                                X