Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Hygiene

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • General Hygiene

    Hello all,

    Now as we all know, it is very important to clean your device every day. I do just this.

    However, I find that my penis has recently been having a different smell, and it smells more like urine. I don't know why this is. On occasion, while tugging, a bit of urine sometimes comes out and I don't always notice it until a little later. Only then do I wipe it off in the bathroom. I guess I wasn't sure if that scent just lingered, or if my penis is starting to smell differently. I always wash it with water, but I sometimes find that it just isn't enough. In the past (before I began restoring) I used to wash my penis and shaft (gently) with soap, but I've read that it's good to stop doing that and let it be. I just don't want a smelly penis and drive individuals away with it. Any advice from my fellow restorers?

    Thanks everyone!

  • #2
    Until you have coverage and are dekeratinized, don't even worry about not using soap. The primary reason for NOT using soap is that in an intact penis there is a certain amount of beneficial bacteria that live in there that keep the nasties at bay. They require a specific ph level to live. Soap is made from lye and changes the ph level upon which theses beneficial bacteria die opening up the door for all sorts of shit to grow in there. Just use some shampoo while washing your hair. It's not as bad as regular soap anyway. And rinse really well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Once restored you should try using a all natural soap because that should not be a problem for the bacteria and not cleaning that area will make it smell bad. Also if it smells really bad you might have an STD so if I were you I would get tested.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Haddad View Post
        Once restored you should try using a all natural soap because that should not be a problem for the bacteria and not cleaning that area will make it smell bad. Also if it smells really bad you might have an STD so if I were you I would get tested.
        Or that "bread thing", a yeast infection, going on. I actually use a natural scent killing hunting soap that doesn't change the ph.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by urethramaster View Post
          Hello all,

          Now as we all know, it is very important to clean your device every day. I do just this.

          However, I find that my penis has recently been having a different smell, and it smells more like urine. I don't know why this is. On occasion, while tugging, a bit of urine sometimes comes out and I don't always notice it until a little later. Only then do I wipe it off in the bathroom. I guess I wasn't sure if that scent just lingered, or if my penis is starting to smell differently. I always wash it with water, but I sometimes find that it just isn't enough. In the past (before I began restoring) I used to wash my penis and shaft (gently) with soap, but I've read that it's good to stop doing that and let it be. I just don't want a smelly penis and drive individuals away with it. Any advice from my fellow restorers?

          Thanks everyone!
          That different smell is usually one with a urine overtone. As you've noticed, after urinating, a small drop of urine (it can even be a slight ooze) escapes the urethra, sits there for a bit, and breaks down and in the process collects a small amount of bacteria (certain bacteria like urine as a growth medium), creating that overtone. But covered mucosa will eventually have its own smell, in the same way, and not dissimilar to, a female's "clean" odor. How about that. This doesn't get talked about much on forums, but it happens to be true, so it better be something you can tolerate.

          As long as you clean the area that "clean" odor won't be overpowering in any way (not like the urine/bacteria combo) and you won't offend. So the obvious thing to say is: basic hygiene is needed if you don't want to create an infection, or smell like a buffalo dick That happens to be true too. The more coverage you grow, the more this can be an issue, so just wash the area with a gentle soap, and rinse well. It's that simple.

          Over the years, restoration forums all have had guys come on an try to make the skin tube something that it isn't, in a number of different ways. What's kind of amusing is, they make the tube sound like a permanent structure (which it's not), and so fragile that it won't withstand a gentle soap and lots of rinsing without causing some kind of who-knows-what, and then at the same time think that it will harbor "good" bacteria, in that permanent structure (which it's not), thereby making your skin tube bulletproof from infection, which it won't be, especially if you don't use basic hygiene.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Haddad View Post
            Once restored you should try using a all natural soap because that should not be a problem for the bacteria and not cleaning that area will make it smell bad. Also if it smells really bad you might have an STD so if I were you I would get tested.
            I appreciate the advice, but I confidently know that I don't have an STD. The idea with the natural ph level soap is a good one though, and one that I may check out. Would you just take a bit of it and clean the entirety of the shaft with it, making sure to not get it into the urethra?

            Comment


            • #7
              Shaft, sulcus, and glans, scrotum too; why not. A soap with a pH of about 5.5 (there are a number of them out there). Don't worry about getting soap into your urethra, won't happen unless you really try. Getting a bit of soap into the meatus is easily rinsed away.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Info View Post
                Shaft, sulcus, and glans, scrotum too; why not. A soap with a pH of about 5.5 (there are a number of them out there). Don't worry about getting soap into your urethra, won't happen unless you really try. Getting a bit of soap into the meatus is easily rinsed away.

                Thank you for this!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Musky type smell is completely normal.

                  Water should be sufficient, if your healthy like others have said natural bacteria are ok.
                  Yeast infections happen when you over wash with soap or other harsh chemicals - combined with a bad diet.
                  Another reason one should keep a foreskin - it's a great indicator of health.

                  Just for info - European people who have long natural foreskins - not all all rinse underneath and guess what they all survive perfectly well, however one may consider a rinse before sex to reduce the strength as did depends on if your partner finds it appealing or not.
                  Some things within reason have their own scent and it's nothing to be ashamed of being human.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This might sound weird, but honestly I use some of my wife's vagisil. It's pH neutral and a nice mild cleanser that keeps things smelling fresh. Alternatively, use cetaphil.

                    Honestly, though. A little musk is normal and I wouldn't worry about it if you have good basic hygiene.
                    Started CI-0 with no movable skin and 0% FEC

                    Currently at CI-4 with 64% FEC

                    See my progress gallery

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X